The (Unofficial) Official Stannis Baratheon Appreciation Thread

Reynestorm

Stannis does not want your appreciation. It's his by rights.

:bowdown:

Well played.

^All of these are unique, that's pretty hardcore.

Although I feel like Stannis appareciation threads are somewhat redundant, 12% *Conservative estimate* of every thread on the forums is Stannis being appreciated, even if we are discussing the Lancel, Osmund Kettleblack, Moonboy, etc.

"Robert could piss in a cup and men would call it wine, but I offer them pure cold water and they squint in suspicion and mutter to each other about how queer it tastes." Stannis ground his teeth. "If someone said I had magicked myself into a boar to kill Robert, likely they would believe that as well."

"You cannot stop them talking, my liege," Davos said, "but when you take your vengeance on your brothers' true killers, the realm will know such tales for lies."

Stannis only seemed to half hear him. "I have no doubt that Cersei had a hand in Robert's death. I shall have justice for him. Aye, and for Ned Stark and Jon Arryn as well."

"And if he yields?" Lord Tarly asked.

"Yields?" Lord Rowan laughed. "When Mace Tyrell laid siege to Storm's End, Stannis ate rats rather than open his gates."

"Well I remember." Renly lifted his chin to allow Brienne to fasten his gorget in place. "Near the end, Ser Gawen Wylde and three of his knights tried to steal out a postern gate to surrender. Stannis caught them and ordered them flung from the walls with catapults. I can still see Gawen's face as they strapped him down. He had been our master-at-arms."

lord Rowan appeared puzzled. "No men were hurled from the walls. I would surely remember that."

"It is not yours to give. It is mine by rights."

Sighing, Renly half turned in the saddle. "What am I to do with this brother of mine, Brienne? He refuses my peach, he refuses my castle, he even shunned my wedding..."

"We both know your wedding was a mummer's farce. A year ago you were scheming to make the girl one of Robert's whores."

"A year ago I was scheming to make the girl Robert's queen," Renly said, "but what does it matter? The boar got Robert and I got Margaery. You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."

"In your bed she's like to die that way."

He fell silent for a moment, brooding on his plans for justice. And then, abruptly, he said, "What do the smallfolk say of Renly's death?"

"They grieve. Your brother was well loved."

"Fools love a fool," grumbled Stannis, "but I grieve for him as well. For the boy he was, not the man he grew to be." He was silent for a time

Stanis himself is awsome one of my favriote chapters is the pear chapter with stanis and renly. But i hope he dosent try to force the 7 kingdoms on his religion

It's odd. He'll burn the stuff they use to worship their gods but he won't stop the worship itself.

They say the comet in the sky, the red savior, is Stannis from the future. That when Stannis falls in the battle in the north, the new Stannis will land to take his place and win Winterfell once more.

Archived