Jon and Arya, Star Crossed Lovers

Baldwin Lannister

You've not read the original Winds of Winter synopsis then?

Yes I did. Please show me where exactly does it say: Dany lives, Jon WILL not be king in the end??? Nowhere, because it's a synopsis and not a summary of everything that actually happens in the end.

Yes I did. Please show me where exactly does it say: Dany lives, Jon WILL not be king in the end??? Nowhere, because it's a synopsis and not a summary of everything that actually happens in the end.

Perfectly true, we're not told the ending other than Queen Danaerys uniting all under her banner to fight that climactic battle, but there's precisely nothing in either synopsis even remotely suggesting your desired outcome.

Perfectly true, we're not told the ending other than Queen Danaerys uniting all under her banner to fight that climactic battle, but there's precisely nothing in either synopsis even remotely suggesting your desired outcome.

Wrong again. My desired outcome has nothing to do with what I'm arguing here, don't presume too know such things. You may ask me what would my preferred ending be (something that does not equal with what I think George will actually write), but that has nothing to do with the fact you were claiming that the synopsis or the outline actually rules out Jon being the King in the very end, which they do not.

Wrong again. My desired outcome has nothing to do with what I'm arguing here, don't presume too know such things. You may ask me what would my preferred ending be (something that does not equal with what I think George will actually write), but that has nothing to do with the fact you were claiming that the synopsis or the outline actually rules out Jon being the King in the very end, which they do not.

Ah no, you misunderstand me entirely. If Jon becomes a king of anything "in the very end" that is very different from a "return of the King" scenario where he is earlier recognised/proclaimed as king and leads the armies of men to victory accordingly - an outcome which is certainly not in line with the synopsis. Its always possible that" in the very end" as the survivors stand dazedly on the bloody field someone might pluck dead Danaerys' crown from under a thorn bush and place it on his head but that's wrapping the story, not driving it to that outcome.

Ah no, you misunderstand me entirely. If Jon becomes a king of anything "in the very end" that is very different from a "return of the King" scenario where he is earlier recognised/proclaimed as king and leads the armies of men to victory accordingly - an outcome which is certainly not in line with the synopsis. Its always possible that" in the very end" as the survivors stand dazedly on the bloody field someone might pluck dead Danaerys' crown from under a thorn bush and place it on his head but that's wrapping the story, not driving it to that outcome.

It seems we both did that.

Archived