Newest trailer...GAH

Varys is very very capable of using his spys to protect Dany while simultaneously seeming to work against her to her enemies. I'm positive Jorah didn't clue into the poisoned wine on just his spidy sense.

Yeah the whole "that bird has already flown" was interesting

Either they made it relly obvious to Jorah by giving him the pardon scroll right as it was happening

or

They (Varys etc) put the whole plan in motion, made everyone think it was poisoned wine to get them to act the part but ensure it is believable back in KL but it secretly wasn't. No one actually drank the wine so we are just going off the vendors belief he was giving Dany poisoned wine

Yeah the whole "that bird has already flown" was interesting

Either they made it relly obvious to Jorah by giving him the pardon scroll right as it was happening

or

They (Varys etc) put the whole plan in motion, made everyone think it was poisoned wine to get them to act the part but ensure it is believable back in KL but it secretly wasn't. No one actually drank the wine so we are just going off the vendors belief he was giving Dany poisoned wine

My own crackpot theory is that Littlefinger in an attempt to thwart whatever Varys could have been planning with Illyrio (he admits to knowing Illyrio was in KL in season one) set up the assassination attempt and Jorah's character development was incidental. Poison wine is a LF move after all. Robert would have to take Varys's word that an assassination had been successful anyway, by the time the Dothraki invaded and Dany wasn't dead, westeros would be at war. Varys could get safely away from KL to avoid the wrath of Robert.

My own crackpot theory is that Littlefinger in an attempt to thwart whatever Varys could have been planning with Illyrio.. set up the assassination attempt and Jorah's character development was incidental. Poison wine is a LF move after all. Robert would have to take Varys's word that an assassination had been successful anyway, by the time the Dothraki invaded and Dany wasn't dead, westeros would be at war.

Sounds good BUT it is Varys' job to assassinate Dany. Why would LF Dany to be dead?

My own crackpot theory is that Littlefinger in an attempt to thwart whatever Varys could have been planning with Illyrio (he admits to knowing Illyrio was in KL in season one) set up the assassination attempt and Jorah's character development was incidental. Poison wine is a LF move after all. Robert would have to take Varys's word that an assassination had been successful anyway, by the time the Dothraki invaded and Dany wasn't dead, westeros would be at war. Varys could get safely away from KL to avoid the wrath of Robert.

Sounds good BUT it is Varys' job to assassinate Dany. Why would LF Dany to be dead?

Yeah LF would no doubt want to screw up Varys plans, but I've always wondered what his perspective on Dany and even magic is, he seems more a low/political cunning sort of person but believes in the curse of Harrenhall which might be an interesting inference

Given he wants chaos and war, would have thought in S1/AGoT timeline he would want Dany and Dothraki threat around in order to help 'break the peace' so to speak

fav episodes in order:Valar Morghulis,Watchers on the wall,and a golden crown. I still think khal drogo has the best method of killin someone and the best line of the series "A crown for a king" I was hooked early on cuz I binged watched the first two seasons on demand but the golden crown episode really made me say 'ok,this show is the shit and I love it' its hard to pick fav episodes cuz theres so many big moments but these are my fav

Yeah LF would no doubt want to screw up Varys plans, but I've always wondered what his perspective on Dany and even magic is, he seems more a low/political cunning sort of person but believes in the curse of Harrenhall which might be an interesting inference

Given he wants chaos and war, would have thought in S1/AGoT timeline he would want Dany and Dothraki threat around in order to help 'break the peace' so to speak

Just to clarify I don't know if this would stretch to suggest book LF had the same idea or motivation. Obviously in the book Varys and Illyrio are supporting Aegon/ FAegon. However this is show LF we're talking about and show incarnations of each character involved. It would make sense that Littlefinger would try to squash an unnecessary political challenge before it ever became relevant.

Jorah in the books had been with Varys and Illyrio for some time, in the show we don't know when exactly he started informing on Viserys and Daenerys for them, for all we know our first meeting with him at Dany's wedding is when he started informing. Maybe Illyrio went to him afterwards and offered him something in return for spying.

In season one, episode two Jorah tells Viserys he was exiled for selling men into slavery, and in episode five of the same season when they're discussing an assassination Jorah is the one who points out to Ned he wasn't a traitor just "sold men into slavery." Why would LF bother to remember such a detail about a highborn from the north who was exiled years earlier, and why unless there was a subtle hint more was going on would he even bother to clarify what Jorah had done? The show also made a point to reveal that Littlefinger knew Illyrio was in the capital and he and Varys were meeting in secret. Hastily killing Daenerys would have helped Littlefinger gauge whether or not Varys had plans for her, and since she was ordered to be killed by Robert anyway when news came of her death everyone would think Varys had done it. Also in I think episode three of season one, Varys (could have just been coincidence because of the way Conleth Hill acted the scene) it seems as if he seems kind of surprised to hear Jorah Mormont is spying for him. I mean he's spying for him, Varys wouldn't have need to pretend it was surprise who was spying since he was the master of whisperers and it wasn't like he was caught doing anything he shouldn't have.

Since Robert himself didn't have spies across the narrow sea, and all the ones he relied upon went through Varys, all Varys would have to do is say the assassination attempt was successful and leave it at that.

jus thought tought another great endin for S5 would be the battle for meeren about to happen or happening and we get kinda the POV of barristan and he sees ships in the bay that belong to the greyjoys. thatd be really cool. another cliffhanger ending but still a good one :)

Just to clarify I don't know if this would stretch to suggest book LF had the same idea or motivation. Obviously in the book Varys and Illyrio are supporting Aegon/ FAegon. However this is show LF we're talking about and show incarnations of each character involved. It would make sense that Littlefinger would try to squash an unnecessary political challenge before it ever became relevant.

Jorah in the books had been with Varys and Illyrio for some time, in the show we don't know when exactly he started informing on Viserys and Daenerys for them, for all we know our first meeting with him at Dany's wedding is when he started informing. Maybe Illyrio went to him afterwards and offered him something in return for spying.

In season one, episode two Jorah tells Viserys he was exiled for selling men into slavery, and in episode five of the same season when they're discussing an assassination Jorah is the one who points out to Ned he wasn't a traitor just "sold men into slavery." Why would LF bother to remember such a detail about a highborn from the north who was exiled years earlier, and why unless there was a subtle hint more was going on would he even bother to clarify what Jorah had done? The show also made a point to reveal that Littlefinger knew Illyrio was in the capital and he and Varys were meeting in secret. Hastily killing Daenerys would have helped Littlefinger gauge whether or not Varys had plans for her, and since she was ordered to be killed by Robert anyway when news came of her death everyone would think Varys had done it. Also in I think episode three of season one, Varys (could have just been coincidence because of the way Conleth Hill acted the scene) it seems as if he seems kind of surprised to hear Jorah Mormont is spying for him. I mean he's spying for him, Varys wouldn't have need to pretend it was surprise who was spying since he was the master of whisperers and it wasn't like he was caught doing anything he shouldn't have.

Since Robert himself didn't have spies across the narrow sea, and all the ones he relied upon went through Varys, all Varys would have to do is say the assassination attempt was successful and leave it at that.

Some good points, show LF a different beast to book LF

^It would be a pretty epic climax but without explaining the Hellhorn, greyjoy brothers, kingsmoot, Euron's plan etc it would leave some huge plot holes.

Yeah I don't think it's happening at all, they had Daario drop the "we captured 107 Mereeneese fleet ships" which is coincidentally exactly the same amount Victarions Iron Fleet had, so they may have been planning to cut it down generally

On top of that they name dropped Butcher King in S3 and then made a big show of Yara saying she was going on some big epic search for Theon with elite troops then they turned it into that absurd scene and dropped the whole thing, so I reckon they went from cutting it down to putting much of Slavers Bay and the Ironborn altogether by the wayside along with fAegon. Reckon they'll just have the Sons of the Harpy insurgency, skip Battle of Mereen and have Daznaks as the big "ow wow" Slavers Bay moment to act as a foil to Winterfell + Hardhome

Think there is an outside chance of seeing Euron in S6 but they'll cut Victarion and streamline that subplot to a straight Yara vs Euron dynamic and fulfill Stannis's leech killing Balon thread etc. Maybe there will be a Kingsmoot but it will seem strangely very late in the piece

That's another WTF are these clowns doing - did Benioff and Weiss completely forget about:

Balon being assassinated? He should have been killed off in S03E10, or in one of the very earliest episodes of Season 4 at the very latest.

But hey, who cares about the Ironborn, Victarion and Euron being all badass, or Lady Stoneheart and the Brother Without Banners on a vicious rampage, or Nymeria and a huge pack of wolves ripping the shit out of people in the Riverlands, or the fallout from the Red Wedding, or the showdown between Jaime and the Blackfish at Riverrun (with Jaime knocking out one of the Freys).

Who cares about those storylines and subplots when we can have a Missandei and Greyworm romance! Awesome. Or more boring Tyrell overkill! Who wants to see the badass Greyjoy brothers or shit getting real in the Riverlands, when we can see Loras, Margaery and Olena doing nothing in King's Landing, but sitting around and talking and eating in the gardens! Amazing. Or more references to Theon's severed penis! Yay. And really screw up Jaime's redemption arc by portraying him as a sexual predator! And of course, loads and loads and loads of dragons, loads of Dany's crew, recasting Dario, and loads of bad lines for Daenerys to make her more obnoxious! Because hey, who cares about the warging and deep bond between Jon and Ghost, when we can have loads of dragons and Dany! Let's cut Bran out for an entire season too. And even though Varys tried to have Dany assassinated in Season 1, he's suddenly supporting her! :rolleyes:

And now, there's rumors and speculation that Mance, Barriston, Shireen and Bron might be killed off? And no casting of Wyman Manderly and no more Greatjon? WTF :bang:

At least there's still Jon, Tormund, the North and Stannis (or some semblance), and Arya made it to Bravos.

Okay, rant over.

That's another WTF are these clowns doing - did Benioff and Weiss completely forget about:

Balon being assassinated? He should have been killed off in S03E10, or in one of the very earliest episodes of Season 4 at the very latest.

But hey, who cares about the Ironborn, Victarion and Euron being all badass, or Lady Stoneheart and the Brother Without Banners on a vicious rampage, or Nymeria and a huge pack of wolves ripping the shit out of people in the Riverlands, or the fallout from the Red Wedding, or the showdown between Jaime and the Blackfish at Riverrun (with Jaime knocking out one of the Freys).

Who cares about those storylines and subplots when we can have a Missandei and Greyworm romance! Awesome. Or more boring Tyrell overkill! Who wants to see the badass Greyjoy brothers or shit getting real in the Riverlands, when we can see Loras, Margaery and Olena doing nothing in King's Landing, but sitting around and talking and eating in the gardens! Amazing. Or more references to Theon's severed penis! Yay. And really screw up Jaime's redemption arc by portraying him as a sexual predator! And of course, loads and loads and loads of dragons, loads of Dany's crew, recasting Dario, and loads of bad lines for Daenerys to make her more obnoxious! Because hey, who cares about the warging and deep bond between Jon and Ghost, when we can have loads of dragons and Dany! Let's cut Bran out for an entire season too. And even though Varys tried to have Dany assassinated in Season 1, he's suddenly supporting her! :rolleyes:

And now, there's rumors and speculation that Mance, Barriston, Shireen and Bron might be killed off? And no casting of Wyman Manderly and no more Greatjon? WTF :bang:

At least there's still Jon, Tormund, the North and Stannis (or some semblance), and Arya made it to Bravos.

Okay, rant over.

The lack of direwolves is one of the things that really bothers me. They emphasized their importance to the Stark children several times back in season one, but since they've had to CGI them, they've all but stopped showing them. Even during the battle for the Wall, Ghost was barely shown for a few seconds. Nymeria hasn't even been mentioned since season one, not even by Arya, and Grey Wind didn't get to go out like the badass he was. On top of that, the wolves have less personality than the Unsullied.

Okay, rant over.

Couple things here. Daario was recast because the original couldn't film because he was doing a movie. Also, Bran is out because his training wouldn't translate well on screen. Mind you, I'm a big fan of that storyline, but numerous book readers have told me it's better he's not in.

Also, Bran is out because his training wouldn't translate well on screen.

So he is coming back in S6 as a all knowing tree implantation? I'm not sure that will translate well on screen.

They went out with Harryhausen skeletons and RPG from their hands firing children of the forest which ends the two year quest of finding the 3EC and then they "rickoned" him? That's f***ed up.

Archived