Will Dany become mad?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Killing people, especially in war is not a sign of madness. Killing your enemies and enjoying their deaths is not a sign of madness. The only characters in the series who have displayed any signs of mental instability are Lysa Arron and Areys II Targarian (the Mad King). Game of Thrones is a cruel and unforgiving world based heavily in our own. If any of these acts seem horrible or strange to you then be grateful you live in a time where these things aren't so common anymore.

Except Dany will probably be asking for fealty. Do you really think Jon or another Stark would give Dany fealty if Dany called Ned a usurper or implied it? And when that whole conversation went down between Jon and Stannis Jon was still in the watch doesn't take part mode.

Also, I think it's delusional to believe that noble houses would not be insulted by the implication that they had acted dishonorably or treasonous.

Somebody forgot to tell Jon about the take no part rule apparently. Alys Karstark, Stannis, Ramsay, etc. He's involved himself in the affairs of the realm quite a bit.

Killing people, especially in war is not a sign of madness. Killing your enemies and enjoying their deaths is not a sign of madness. The only characters in the series who have displayed any signs of mental instability are Lysa Arron and Areys II Targarian (the Mad King). Game of Thrones is a cruel and unforgiving world based heavily in our own. If any of these acts seem horrible or strange to you then be grateful you live in a time where these things aren't so common anymore.

I think Ramsay definitely has a screw or 2 loose.

Jon considers Stannis's offer to become Lord of Winterfell. Moreover, he still repeatedly assists Stannis despite his vocal condemnation of Robb. And frankly Dany has much more justified reason to condemn Ned then Stannis has to condemn Robb.

Simply, if Dany gets rid of their enemies and restores them I doubt that will be a deal breaker.

No Dany doesn't have more justified reason to condemn Ned. That is utter horsehsit. Stannis nor Robert ever hosed the Starks like Aerys did. At no time, did Stannis attempt to have any Stark murdered, at least before Robb declared himself king. So, I have no idea where you getting are this conclusion from.

Jon maybe working with Stannis, because they have mutual interest for now, but nobody has sworn the entire North to Stannis. And also nobody needs Dany's "restoration". I am pretty sure the Starks will back in control of the North by the time Dany shows up.

Well, then she'll just very politely tell people that their families acted wrongly. I'm sure that will go over real well. She'll just very graciously tell them how she forgives them, which would really pretty insulting.

that's far more than any opposition should expect. in case you haven't realized dynasty's hold grudges.

what do you think going to happen to lannister supporters if "some will lose far more than their fingers" stannis wins the throne? sunshine's and rainbow?

aegon and "i will end the usurper line" jon con?

what do you think will happen to the freys if a stark get a hold of them?

all in all if dany forgives at all (they drove her into poverty and exile killed 99% of her family*). that instantly makes her the most forgiving of all the potential claimants.

* would you kiss forgive and make up if you were in danys shoes? some unpunished members of their "glorious" rebellion murdered your baby nephews?

that same wonderful rebellion that made you and your brother orphans? Turing you brother into a mad paranoid lunny.

indeed what the rebels did to her was personal even though she personally did not commit crimes against any of their houses.

if she wants to bad mouth ned its her right to do so, he was Roberts most trusted loyal supporter.

if she want's to punish people associated to the stab alliance it her due to do so. for they are the ones who made it personal. when they killed every targ they could get their hands on.

that's far more than any opposition should expect. in case you haven't realized dynasty's hold grudges.

what do you think going to happen to lannister supporters if "some will lose far more than their fingers" stannis wins the throne? sunshine's and rainbow?

aegon and "i will end the usurper line" jon con?

all in all if dany forgives at all (they drove her into poverty and exile killed 99% of her family*). that instantly makes her the most forgiving of all the potential claimants.

* would you kiss forgive and make up if you were in danys shoes? some unpunished members of their "glorious" rebellion murdered your baby nephews?

that same wonderful rebellion that made you and your brother orphans?

indeed what the rebels did to her was personal even though she personally did not commit crimes against any of their houses.

if she wants to bad mouth ned its her right to do so, he was Roberts most trusted loyal supporter.

And Ned Stark is not responsible for what happened to Elia and her children. And his descendants are perfectly entitled to tell Dany to go fuck off.

Somebody forgot to tell Jon about the take no part rule apparently. Alys Karstark, Stannis, Ramsay, etc. He's involved himself in the affairs of the realm quite a bit.

Yes, in the middle and end of ADWD. What part of that books does Stannis complain about Robb? When Stannis makes his comments about Robb isn't that toward the end of ASOS? Or is it in the beginning of ADWD?

Yes, in the middle and end of ADWD. What part of that books does Stannis complain about Robb? When Stannis makes his comments about Robb isn't that toward the end of ASOS? Or is it in the beginning of ADWD?

I honestly don't remember the time frame.

if she want's to punish people associated to the stab alliance it her due to do so. for they are the ones who made it personal. when they killed every targ they could get their hands on.

They did no such thing. In fact, the only Targ they killed was Rhaegar, and that was in battle. The rest were murdered by Lannisters (incidentally, the same family everyone else has a problem with), or y'know, by Dany's lovely husband. In fact, the leaders of the rebellion (Ned, Jon Arryn, King Bob, Hoster Tully) have killed the exact same number of Targaryens as Dany's husband did: One. Maybe Dany should start killing all the Dothraki first, I mean they're quite a bit closer than Westeros at the moment, no?

Sure, Robert semi-condoned the other killings by not punishing those responsible, and that sucks, but no-one is going to be holding him up as a paragon of justice. Dany's ignorant and generally unfounded ravings about Usurper's Dogs does parallel Robert's blind hatred of all things Targaryen though.

I honestly don't remember the time frame.

I don't recall Stannis comments about Robb exactly. But, I believe they were made either towards the end of ASOS or the begging of ADWD, As the series ends, Jon certainly gets more political. A trend that I think will continue in his arc.

No Dany doesn't have more justified reason to condemn Ned. That is utter horsehsit. Stannis nor Rober ever hosed house Stark like Aerys did. At no time, did Stannis attempt to have any Stark murdered, at least before Robb declared himself king. So, I have no idea where you getting this conclusion from.

Ned actively took place in a rebellion against Dany's family who were the undisputed rulers of the Seven Kingdoms, furthermore this rebellion ended up costing Dany her father, mother, eldest brother, nephew, niece, and sister-in-law while forcing her and other older brother into exile and poverty.

In contrast, Robb only crime against Stannis is not bending to him, brought about in how Stannis has no evidence to his claims and not to mention how he declares independence even before Stannis has declared himself. Moreover, he actually attempted to come up with a plan to assist him achieving his goals in taking King's Landing.

Simply, Ned actually took up the sword against Dany's family while Robb never did the same to Stannis.

Archived