Don't Bother Me Here

l2 0 5 5

I too, hate being bothered by random people at the grocery store.

Though I work there, so I'm contractually obligated to be bothered by random people. In fact I'm supposed to ask literally everybody I meet if they need help with anything. I get that this bothers most people, which is why i do it. Sweet, sweet revenge.

I actually don't mind getting approached for help in the grocery store. I don't work there, but I do enjoy grocery shopping and I have no idea why, but random strangers will come up and ask me for help finding stuff. It's usually older people, although I did get approached by some meth heads who couldn't remember what they were looking for, and they were in a hurry, of course.

I used to work with a guy who had no comprehension of the 2 minute work chat. He would also sing at me. He would ask, "ES, do you know XYZ song?" Regardless of my answer, he would start singing at me. I would have to say something like, "I have never liked that song," or "I hate that song," or "Yeah, yeah, okay. You can stop now." And most times he would keep singing.

I don't mind being asked for help at the store either. Although, I'd rather it be at a department store than a grocery store. At the food store I always feel in a rush, but when I'm shopping at a retail store, that usually means I have some time to spare. I will often walk the person exactly where they want to go!

I don't mind being asked for help at the store either. Although, I'd rather it be at a department store than a grocery store. At the food store I always feel in a rush, but when I'm shopping at a retail store, that usually means I have some time to spare. I will often walk the person exactly where they want to go!

Yeah, I seem to be one of those "approachable" people, too. This happens to me mostly when I am at work. What seems like somewhat often, members of the public who come into the building where I work will ask me for directions/help (even if there are several other employees around). I am not bothered by people asking me for help, whether it's at my workplace or when I'm out and about, nearly as much as I am bothered by store employees repeatedly asking me if I need help. I feel like it's fine to ask me once and then, if I say I don't or I'm just looking, leave me alone. As I posted earlier in the thread, "don't call me, I'll call you" ;)

Archived