Why is Jon snow's parentage even relevent?

fear2433

I think Jon's parents may be relevant because of two things:

1) He stands a chance to become TPTWP, even if we won't know for sure even by the end who is indeed the Prince.

2) I still think that GRRM didn't give up his original Jon/Arya ship, and you just need R+L for that. I think plotwise, that is the main reason. But we will see where he goes without the planned 5year-gap.

Please. Do reread the passage where Jon makes his feelings on Ser Axell Florent clear.

It's literally the same situation as the Dany/Viserys/Drogo one, just with the names replaced.

Yep.

"If she is not a kinslayer, she is the next best thing. Daenerys Targaeryn's brother had been burned by Khal Drogo... yet Daenerys had done little and less to stop it. What sort of woman can stand by idly and watch her brother being burned alive?"

Jon is technically the Real King in the North and King of the Seven Kingdoms, he could have been killed which would technically release him from his vows, and Mel then brings him back, and if the wall falls and the Others are defeated surely none of the crows vows matter anymore!

Don't see why Jon is the expert on the subject. Plus, you are readers; you know Dany is not a kinslayer. In story, sure,that might be used to make her look bad but to actually believe it is just delusion

Given that we are talking about Jon's opinion: Yes, he is indeed the expert. They are his opinions.

Yep.

"If she is not a kinslayer, she is the next best thing. Daenerys Targaeryn's brother had been burned by Khal Drogo... yet Daenerys had done little and less to stop it. What sort of woman can stand by idly and watch her brother being burned alive?"

Don't see why Jon is the expert on the subject. Plus, you are readers; you know Dany is not a kinslayer. In story, sure,that might be used to make her look bad but to actually believe it is just delusion

Jon is the expert on everything. Duh. :dunno:

But seriously, look at the quote Nihlus him/herself provided:

"yet Daenerys had done little and less to stop it".

We know, as readers, this isn't true. She asked Jorah to warn him, to even give him the eggs if that means he would be safe and pleased. And when he entered the place drunk and idiotic, Jorah also tried to stop him. It was until he insulted her and threatened to hurt her, that Drogo decided to kill her and she agreed on it, as he was so drunk he could have, in fact, killed her baby.

I think his parentage will be important to tie his arc with Dany's

I think this is it. It was the demise of the Targs that started the ongoing war and it will be Targs who will end it. Plotwise, we need a full cycle and it won't be in the lines of "people lived peacefully ever after". No, people will still continue their horrible ways. So to tie up the first and last book we will see the Targs come together once more and end the story that started from the death of Rhaegar.

Archived