Walking Dead Season 5, Vol. 5: The End is Near {No comics spoilers}

MisterOJ

Walkers rarely do that. And it's usually because the human has purposely went into a pack of them for some reason like "I need that bag!"

Maybe we have been watching different shows. In the show, "The Walking Dead" walkers swarm all the time. It is what they are known for.

Maybe we have been watching different shows. In the show, "The Walking Dead" walkers swarm all the time. It is what they are known for.

Whats an example of an unavoidable situation where people were swarmed in all directions? I don't recall too many of those. And it was usually a situation where a person went directly into a place where they were. lIke when they go into a city for supplies or like when Shane and that guy went to go get those medical supplies for Carl.

Only thing I remember like this is when the camp was attacked in season 1 And when maggie&beths farm is attacked

when the Governor uses walkers as gladiators for entertainment it's basically showing me these things are no more than wild animals that humans should easily be able to control.

The only thing I can think of is that the walkers are supposed to be more badass than they are portrayed on the show.

and it would be too expensive to CGI the Zombies into something that humans can't deal with

Whats an example of an unavoidable situation where people were swarmed in all directions? I don't recall too many of those. And it was usually a situation where a person went directly into a place where they were. lIke when they go into a city for supplies or like when Shane and that guy went to go get those medical supplies for Carl.

Only thing I remember like this is when the camp was attacked in season 1 And when maggie&beths farm is attacked

when the Governor uses walkers as gladiators for entertainment it's basically showing me these things are no more than wild animals that humans should easily be able to control.

The only thing I can think of is that the walkers are supposed to be more badass than they are portrayed on the show.

and it would be too expensive to CGI the Zombies into something that humans can't deal with

If walkers are not dangerous how did they manage to murder 99.999% of the human population? If you don't mind keep your arguments limited to things that happen in the actual fictional world, and not your fictional zombie world where zombies are really more of an annoyance then a real threat.

If walkers are not dangerous how did they manage to murder 99.999% of the human population?

Good question that I've been asking myself since season 1, maybe the spin off show will shed some light on that.

Ive always loved post apocalyptic stuff, that's what I like abput Walking Dead.

it's the human vs human conflict in a post apocalyptic world that I love, "Do we trust these new people or not?"

And just basic survival like "how do we get food" and "how do I survive without my cellphone"

While I'm watching the show I try not to think too much about how these slow ass idiotic zombies shut society down.

• 1 month later...

For 1, at the start, nobody knew what was happening. How can you stop something you do not even know is happening or don't know anything about?

For 2. By time they knew, it was too late. The numbers were probably against them, the panic/chaos/looting/murder happening around the world probably did not help, either.

Mass panic + a threat like zombies = No stable plan to stop it, nobody to rally around, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Behind-the-scenes video of apparently the first day shooting season 6. Not much there, but gets funny.

Kind of assuming this is the same video. I couldn't watch that on in the UK.

I might be wrong but I thought we were getting Fear the Walking Dead first? August but can't find an exact date.

Boring teaser.

Basically a video of a guy running away from something (it's blatantly some girls dad.)

And two characters telling us almost nothing.

http://postshowrecaps.com/tv-show/walking-dead-2015-deep-dive-daryl-dixon-story-analysis-angie-caunce/

Wow... This is an absolute treat. There is a six part video essay on the character development of Daryl Dixon. I just spent an hour and a half watching this, and it really brought home how much I love this series and how nuanced the writing can be.

Archived