Would a "The Targaryens" prequel TV series be a good spin off after GoT ends?

The Anti-Targ

I don't see there being enough material for a Dunk&Egg series and Robert's Rebellion would obviously have cause serious issues to Martin's "everyone can die" approach to writing, since Ned, Robert, Jaime, Tywin etc. would have to survive.

My favourite prequel material would definitely be the Targaryen conquest of the Seven Kingdoms.

I see three possible mini-series

1,the doom of valyria and Aegon's conquest of the seven kingdoms

2,dunk and egg

3,Roberts rebellion

If any prequels were to be done they would need at least 10/12 episodes minimum each to do the stories justice, that would be my preference.

Sure, if it's done right it is always fun to go back to see more about characters I like or see more back story. Not sure it would be something I would want though - some of the things that have been told in story I'd like to keep as vague or just from recollections.

What if HBO makes a sort of Targaryen reality show like the Kardashians? Or the Real Housewives of King's Landing?

Eek. I just had a horrible thought about a show where people get voted off the Iron Throne or the Small Council or something. And then I had the really tasteless thought of doing the Red Wedding as a reality show. Or, less obnoxiously, the tournament in The Mystery Knight.

More seriously, I would watch the Doom/Conquest as well.

Or what about going way back in the past and doing a Children of the Forest / First Men / Long Night series? But redesign the Others so that they look like how GRRM describes them in the books.

Archived