Winds of Winter Twist

i understand that .but apart from jorah getting greyscale i dont see anything like dany taking the role of aegon

what am trying to say is that saying young griff's story a character who we barely knew is being taken over by the main character who has her own storyline is unfair

Keeping him in the story will also not change the fact that tyrion will meet dany and she conquering westeros

You are in a defensive position, Dany is the one taking Aegon part, they basically have the same objective, Conquer westeros, Tyrion encounter with Aegon did change the outcome of the history, Aegon's plan was to help Dany at slavers bay, but tyrion convinced him to take Westeros, if Tyrion had traveled with Varys then Aegon would have been waiting at slavers bay

I don't see why is unfair that Dany takes over Aegon story ( I think there's deep fanatism involved), since Aegon is basically GRRM device to get Westeros invasion going, if he had done the timegap as he originally planned then Aegon wouldn't exist.. As I said before they basically have the same goal, Dany taking over that storyline wont affect hers at all

You are in a defensive position, Dany is the one taking Aegon part, they basically have the same objective, Conquer westeros, Tyrion encounter with Aegon did change the outcome of the history, Aegon's plan was to help Dany at slavers bay, but tyrion convinced him to take Westeros, if Tyrion had traveled with Varys then Aegon would have been waiting at slavers bay

I don't see why is unfair that Dany takes over Aegon story ( I think there's feel fanatism involved), since Aegon is basically GRRM device to get Westeros invasion going, if he had done the timegap as he originally planned then Aegon wouldn't exist..

so you think that dany will never go to westeros in the books

but thats my point she is going to have her story anyways
what am against is saying is dany is taking the role of young griff which is not happening at all

i understand that .but apart from jorah getting greyscale i dont see anything like dany taking the role of aegon

what am trying to say is that saying young griff's story a character who we barely knew is being taken over by the main character who has her own storyline is unfair

Keeping him in the story will also not change the fact that tyrion will meet dany and she conquering westeros

We are talking about Dumb and Dumber. Benioff directed the first wolverine movie and Troya. You should expect stupid changes.

so you think that dany will never go to westeros

I thin you don't want to understandme ha-ha.

She will travel to westeros, she currently can't because of the mereneese knot ( a fancy name for the shitty situation GRRM wrote Dany into) so he pulled Aegon out of his arse and got the invasion going, Dany eventually will get out of the mereneese knot and travel to westeros, all this in the book. In the series they apparently don't have this problem, or at least don't care about leaving the mereneese knot unresolved, so they decided to merge the story since having two conquerors (and their host) tends to be expensive for the production, so they just took the easy way and merged the story, they will only have ONE conqueror and it will be Daenerys Stormborn etc etc etc..

They gave Jon Connington's plot (kind of ) to Jorah, and they chose to eliminate Arianne and Quentyn, that are both related to Aegon.

Hey, the twist could actually be that "Aegon" is the true thing, but is as dumb as he appears to be....

I thin you don't want to understandme ha-ha.

She will travel to westeros, she currently can't because of the mereneese knot ( a fancy name for the shitty situation GRRM wrote Dany into) so he pulled Aegon out of his arse and got the invasion going, Dany eventually will get out of the mereneese knot and travel to westeros, all this in the book. In the series they apparently don't have this problem, or at least don't care about leaving the mereneese knot unresolved, so they decided to merge the story since having two conquerors (and their host) tends to be expensive for the production, so they just took the easy way and merged the story, they will only have ONE conqueror and it will be Daenerys Stormborn etc etc etc..

i really do understand what you are saying

but my point is if you had said that young griff is cut so the twist may not done in the show would not been a problem instead of saying that she is taking over his role

you may be right i may have gotten defensive becaus just go and see some older posts in show forum people claiming dany will steal the spotlight of aegon ..which was ridiculous and hence my reaction

i really do understand what you are saying

but my point is if you had said that young griff is cut so the twist may not done in the show would not been a problem instead of saying that she is taking over his role

you may be right i may have gotten defensive becaus just go and see some older posts in show forum people claiming dany will steal the spotlight of aegon ..which was ridiculous and hence my reaction

Aegon is part of Dany storyline.. as my way of seeing it, or at least he is heavily influenced by it, but she IS taking over his storyline (not his role), at least part of it, in what respect to jorah, and not to go against you, but she is going to steal Aegon spotlight, think about it, a Targaryen long lost heir reappears to take what's rightfully his, assuming Aegon manages to effectively Conquer the south, now think about this, when Dany, another Targaryen long lost heir reappears WITH dragons, the balance tips in Dany's favor since she has three weapons ready to be used against the Northern menace.. I would follow Dany blindly, no matter what Targ got there first

So I'm sure most people have read the SSM about a character plot twist in winds of winter that will surely drive us all mad. GRRM has said the twist grew naturally out of the character so it has to be something deeply seeded in the narrative. Any thoughts on which character it might involve? Personally I was thinking either Tyrion or Jamie, the former due to him being Martin's favorite character, and the latter more based on who is ripe for a twist.

Jon Snow becomes the Night's King...

Possibilities...

Daario

Barristan

Victarion

Rakharo

Strong Belwas

Shireen

Stannis

Selyse

Aegon

Septa Lemore

Duck

Jon Connington

Arianne

Quentyn (he's alive! mwa ha ha ha!)

Ellaria (since they totally changed her character)

One of the missing Sand Snakes

the Hound

Sansa

fArya

LF

Ramsay

Willas or Garlan Tyrell

Varys

Jon

Aliser Thorne

Jojen

Bowen Marsh

Coldhands

Aeron Greyjoy

the Reader

Lady Stoneheart

...really at this point almost all the characters have been changed to the point where the show can't do something that GRRM thought of.

It involves 3 or 4 characters, it has to be something that their characters would do, not necessarily something that is foreshadowed. Martin said it has to feel natural for the characters to do, otherwise its shock for shock value only. Also, it has to grow from situations. So I suspect 3-4 characters will end up in a direct/indirect confrontation and choose their allegiances/how they respond in a surprising way. 

To me it sounds almost like, someone coming up with a plan or a scheme or something. 

I think it is either Jaime, Brienne, and Lady Stoneheart, with Brienne choosing Jaime romance over her vow to Lady Stoneheart. 

Or....

Jaime, Cersei, Tommen, and Myrcella. 3, 4 characters might indicate that Martin has not yet decided if Myrcella lives or dies. 

I was pretty convinced of my own interpretation of what this was all about, at least until I read this thread.  For an author who loves to keep his readers in suspense, this kind of speculation must be pure greatness.

I love the Sansa murders Sweetrobin idea.  The only part that doesn't fit is the idea that it would drive readers crazy.  I think many readers would enjoy a Sana turn to the dark side, at least where LF and SR are concerned.

Aegon being cut from the show makes me think he's too obvious a candidate for this, unless GRRM is referring to his death.  It would drive me absolutely mad if Aegon turned out the be legit, and then was betrayed and murdered by one of his own.  (JonCon and Septa Lemore would both strain believability, and I'm not sure Duck is important enough)

Dany is a decent possibility too, especially since so much of her story has changed (dead Barristan and Hizdahr, Jorah and Tyrion at her side, many key players within her regime cut from the show)

I think I'm still settled in on Lady Stoneheart, Brienne, and Jamie.

My first thought when reading that quote was what if LS gets Brienne to kill Jamie?  Impossible in the show, would drive a lot of fans crazy to end Jamie's story that way, would completely change who Brienne of Tarth is as a character.  (and leave her better suited from the coming war for the dawn?)

Too extreme.  Doesn't fit her character at all.  Jamie seems to have way too much plot left to bow out here.  But what about the other way?  What if Brienne and Jamie were pitted against each other in a duel to the death, and after realizing he cannot defeat her, Brienne sacrifices herself.  The same shock factor is very much there, plus Brienne's arc has seemed played out over her final few chapters in Feast. Jamie's road to redemption would now feature yet another gut check moment, and he would be free to head back to King's Landing to deal with Cersei.   

It could simply be that GRRM has decided to kill Tyrion.

That would be a natural development as Tyrion had survived until now by power of plot. In the books Tyrion is on a downward spiral but gets better at the end of ADwD. It's almost the trope of the old cop dying in the week before retirement.

The show couldn't do that because Tyrion's downward arch is mostly missing, he has already met Daenerys, Daario and Missandei, and of course because Peter Dinklage's popularity is huge.

And it would be a very subtle revenge from GRRM. Assuming he told D & D that Tyrion is not involved in the endgame he could kill him off at some point in TWoW and make them lool like fools.

It could simply be that GRRM has decided to kill Tyrion.

That would be a natural development as Tyrion had survived until now by power of plot. In the books Tyrion is on a downward spiral but gets better at the end of ADwD. It's almost the trope of the old cop dying in the week before retirement.

The show couldn't do that because Tyrion's downward arch is mostly missing, he has already met Daenerys, Daario and Missandei, and of course because Peter Dinklage's popularity is huge.

And it would be a very subtle revenge from GRRM. Assuming he told D & D that Tyrion is not involved in the endgame he could kill him off at some point in TWoW and make them lool like fools.

Mr Troy/ wolverine origins, does not need other person to make him look like a fool, you just have to see his work.

Archived