Greyjoy storyline

I doubt there will be a Kingsmoot. The show doesn't really explore cultural diversity around Westeros (look at what they've done with the Dornish story, female succession etc.) and the Greyjoys have received little love in general.

Yara and Theon will meet when captured by Stannis towards the end of this season. Perhaps word will reach them then of Balon's death, but this could be left until the opening of Season 6.

Euron will definitely appear in Season 6, and as others have said he will be the only Greyjoy uncle. With the Kingsmoot cut, and Yara and Theon held as captives, as Balon's only brother Euron will be the logical choice for ruler of the Iron Islands given standard laws of succession.

Whether Euron gets Dany to Westeros or not, I feel he has an important part to play in the overall story. Maybe Daario is Euron for the purposes of the TV show...it would explain the ships, why they held off on advancing the Greyjoy story, and why they recast Daario. It would also allow them to cut down a lot of different stories, and merge them into one.

I still maintain you need one other Greyjoy. They are horrible people, awesome but horrible. Seeing how much Vic or Aeron hates Euron gives a lot of context to why we're supposed to fear this guy. They could literally have as much screen time as Tormund has this season or even last and it wouldn't be too big of a deal. We're probably loosing a few important characters this season. One is already gone.

They might turn around and make Daario a Euronesque character. I think Euron is gonna be linked to the Great Other somehow.

who was the Great Other? quick search on wiki of IAF didnt give me anything.

agreed with the general consensus though. They're burning through the source material this season. Gonna need at least Euron next season. And I find Euron = Dario so entertaining so wouldn't be opposed to at least the show going that route.

Okay, so my pros and cons for the Greyjoy plotline appearing in future seasons:

Pros:

- Leech for Balon.

- Euron appearing in official GoT guide.

- Leaving them out entirely would be a plothole; they have been introduced as a major players, who invaded the North, and now they just disappear? No I can't accept that, that only leads to a plothole.

- If they don't go to Meereen they could still attack Oldtown, which hopefully will appear in season 6.

Cons:

- 93 ships that Daario captured.

- The Hound grabbing Brienne's blade - that was Victarion's thing in the book.

- Mentioning Theons uncles actually (unfortunately) doesn't mean sh*t. They were not named, and as far as I'm concerned, in the show it could mean that, yeah Theon had uncles, but they died during the last ten years or whatever.

And I REJECT the theory of Daario being Euron. In the show that has absolutely no foreshadowing, Euron was never mentioned, so this would have no purpose. And if he is Euron, who would he reveal it to anyways? "Hey Dany, by the way, did I mention that I'm Euron Greyjoy the king of the Ironborn?" The answer for this would be the one that most of the viewers would also ask: "Huh?".

And I REJECT the theory of Daario being Euron. In the show that has absolutely no foreshadowing, Euron was never mentioned, so this would have no purpose. And if he is Euron, who would he reveal it to anyways? "Hey Dany, by the way, did I mention that I'm Euron Greyjoy the king of the Ironborn?" The answer for this would be the one that most of the viewers would also ask: "Huh?".

this would be revealed at the end of the 1st episode of s6 maybe when he is introduced at the Kingsmoot. The IB present would shit their pants ("wtf, Euron!?") while the Unsullied would do the same but with ("wtf, the guy who Dany is banging?!").

Maybe at the end of s5 Daario mysteriously disappears in the Daznaks Pit episode (once Dany flies off) and then travels to Pyke. IDK. There would obviously be time differences if this were to happen in the book compared to the TV show.

But it's also another pro for bringing a new character in but using the same actor, thus Unsullied wont have to overwhelm themselves w too many new characters.

• 2 weeks later...

boy did i miss many answers...

i just want to respond to a few things: first,

It would sincerly be anticlimatic in a bad way if Euron fookin' Greyjoy was killed by Aegon.

Euron has been built up and portrayed so mysteriously and I'm sure the Silence is filled with treasures and wonders from all over the Known World and further. He must have something big up his sleeves, probably bigger than the Horn.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I'm really looking forward to see what Euron is up to in Winds, and hope to see him in season 6. But I think at this point, he'll likely be the only main new character for season 6.

very well said sir. Idk the character is just awesome, give us some silence...

It appears to me that most ppl think Euron will be the only sibling showing up. I guess that could very much be true, although it would be a hell of a bummer if Vic was being cut completely.

I read somewhere: The Hound grabbing Brienne's blade - that was Victarion's thing in the book.
Did i miss something, can someone refresh my memory?

And pleeeeease stop with the Daario=Euron nonsene, i hated that thing right from the start. It's ridiculous if you ask me :P

Also, Mads Mikkelsen is such an obvious cast, there is already fan art out there!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/324/6/a/mads_mikkelsen_as_euron_greyjoy_by_siriuscrane-d5lm5lr.jpg

I can't believe they would cut Euron out completely...He is made for a TV show and would he a big character. I do think Daario= Euron is in play, especially with the whole "Wow, what a coincidence I found 93 ships" thing. I don't understand how the show can pass up the Kingsmoot either, but then again I don't understand how they've cut out Manderley, Meribald, and the Blackfish/Jaime parlay either.

My hope/guess (and I realize this is probably just wishful thinking) is that they've just pushed this off to next season, as this season they wanted to set up Dorne and get the Sand Snakes into place in King's Landing for next year. Next season can open up with Balon's death and the Kingsmoot, where Daario=Euron shows up and says "You guys are lookign for war. Just so happens I know about some Dragons and their mother and I have some influence there. " It doesn't really make a lot of sense but then again neither does anything happening in Dorne or Winterfell this year.

I can't believe they would cut Euron out completely...He is made for a TV show and would he a big character. I do think Daario= Euron is in play, especially with the whole "Wow, what a coincidence I found 93 ships" thing. I don't understand how the show can pass up the Kingsmoot either, but then again I don't understand how they've cut out Manderley, Meribald, and the Blackfish/Jaime parlay either.

My hope/guess (and I realize this is probably just wishful thinking) is that they've just pushed this off to next season, as this season they wanted to set up Dorne and get the Sand Snakes into place in King's Landing for next year. Next season can open up with Balon's death and the Kingsmoot, where Daario=Euron shows up and says "You guys are lookign for war. Just so happens I know about some Dragons and their mother and I have some influence there. " It doesn't really make a lot of sense but then again neither does anything happening in Dorne or Winterfell this year.

Haven't you read the news, mate? Euron is confirmed. Look at the Season 6 thread,

Archived