Greyjoy storyline

Another episode and still nothing from the Iron Islands. I know nobody was expecting episode 8 and a lot of you have called it for episode 10, but still it's frustrating how the show producers keep ignoring so many plot lines.

I'm still hoping Yara will show up in episode 9.

You know, how the quality of the show is going right know, i wouldn't want them to keep the Greyjoy storyline and just keep doing whatever they want to do next season. Basically everyone out there has dminished the view of the show as in either sex scenes or battle scenes. The other intricate character interaction stuff is basically filler to build up battles and clashes between characters. If they ever get to do the kingsmoot they won't be having the same feeling of the first two seasons, which the environment and medieval feeling was a big role in the scene's perception. The show-only watchers will find the kingsmoot boring, dull and possibly D&D will rush the arc, just like they did with the Winterfell arc in this season (5).

I mean, don't get me wrong, the show is still awesome... but every season it's a bit less Game of thrones and more like... These handful main characters surviving while the rest of the people around them dying like flies... yet they aren't replaced

Another episode and still nothing. While the Greyjoys are the omission this season that I want to see the most, if not them at least the final episode should give us some Riverlands (Stoneheart, Freys, BwB, surviving Tullys), Rickon or Bran.

Hey!

Are there any hints given by any of the show writers out there giving news about the Greyjoy storyline?

It would just be so devastating, it was literally my favourite part of the books... :crying:

Do you think they could cut it completely?

I'm sorry if there was already a discussion to this, apparently the search engine is down or something.

Episode 9 intro they showed the THREE (3) leeches in the fire. One was for Renly Baratheon, one for Joffrey Baratheon the 3rd was for BALON GREYJOY. I think it will end up not being addressed. The show is closing ranks to existing characters.

The leech thing was very significant, it was Stannis declaring who are his enemies. The third leech (Balon) did come true in the book, but in the show it is not mentioned. If memory serves, the books show Stannis' army dying in the snow (but it is up in the air still) and that might happen without any explanation and WITHOUT Asha Greyjoy as his prisoner (she is dying as a prisoner). And she is only there (captured) because she fled the King's Moot that brought Euron Crow's Eye to power. But her role is cut too.

I say no, it will not be addressed in the show (the Greyjoy storyline) which is sad

10 episodes and nothing! I confess I did not boycott this season, but I only watched 7 out of the 10 episodes. And while watching episode 9 I got through 2 thirds of the episode before there was a power failure. When I later read the online reviews, I found out there were no Greyjoys so I did not bother watching the rest in a re-run. I'm glad I did not watch every single episode.

I will watch all of season 6 because it looks very promising that the Greyjoys will be making their comeback. But I can honestly say with the omission of Aegon, LSH and the Ironborn and much more this is the WORST season of Game of Thrones so far.

Well basically the Tarlys are going to HAVE to make an appearance next season, because I'm basically certain that is where Sam's story line is going in the books

and now on the show was well

As far as the Greyjoys go, I think this is somewhat a certain sign that Euron IS important to the end game of not only the show, but the series.

I was furious the Greyjoy storyline got tossed out in favour of Dorne, but after the way that ended, I was even more so. Such a waste of time, when on the other hand, we could have been getting some introduction and insight into Euron, who looks set to be a big player in these later stages.

Or possibly I should be glad that no fiasco could have been cooked up for the Greyjoys as has been for Dorne. I'm not sure how I should feel.

Archived