Jorah, What a pathetic excuse of a man.

Hoffa

Jorah last sent messages about Dany in Qarth, so yes, he did betray her. That is what cuts her so deeply, that he continued to do it for so long. And of course, the fact that his messages resulted in the attempt on her and her child's life.

Yup people seem to forget that he nearly got Daenerys and her unborn baby poisoned, Daenerys was light with him when she exiled

I'm not sure why this is often described as Jorah's "attitude towards women" or other euphamism like him being "whipped" or something, whereas other characters who do dishonorable/horrible things for love *COUGHJAIMECOUGH* are forgiven by some. Not by you necessarily, but I hope you see what I mean.

Jorah enslaving those men was disgusting (your wife being unhappy is not a reason to enslave people), but I feel running away with Lynesse was 100% understandable - he loved her. What good would going to the wall do anyone, was his rationalization. If he did go to the wall, she'd be left homeless and alone.

It's not being "whipped", it's being dependent on their affection to the point where you let all of your moral standards go if it means she stays with you. It's creepy and shifty as fuck.

I'm on record as calling both Jaime and Jorah cuckolds. I exclude someone like Robert because I don't think he cared anything for cersei.

Except Robert is a cuckold in the most precise sense of the word, he's unwittingly raising the fruit of his wife's adultery, like the victim of the etymological root of the word, cuckoo.

Also, Jaime wasn't married to Cersei, he's not a cuckold.

Except Robert is a cuckold in the most precise sense of the word, he's unwittingly raising the fruit of his wife's adultery, like the victim of the etymological root of the word, cuckoo.

So what, I'm using slang.

The spirit of focusing on someone who really doesn't like you in the same way is where Jaime and Jorah are similar.

Robert would no doubt be pissed at Cersei cheating but he never really cared for her in anyway.

If you want to call that something different than cuckold that's fine, but where I'm from we evolved the meaning of cuckold into someone who blindly loves someone without any realization or admission that the person doesn't feel the same.

But feel free to come up with another term for it other than cuckold if you want.

Yeah, gotta agree with this. Robert may not care in the slightest about Cersei, but he certainly cares about "his" children, and his legacy/house. As in: Robert would be absolutely furious if he knew Cersei and Jaime had made a fool of him for 15 years - he's the quintessential cuckold, if anything, raising kids that aren't his. Scant attention and love though he may have given them, they did get the most important things (in a medieval context): his family name and ultimately his crown.

So what, I'm using slang.

The spirit of focusing on someone who really doesn't like you in the same way is where Jaime and Jorah are similar.

Robert would no doubt be pissed at Cersei cheating but he never really cared for her in anyway.

If you want to call that something different than cuckold that's fine, but where I'm from we evolved the meaning of cuckold into someone who blindly loves someone without any realization or admission that the person doesn't feel the same.

But feel free to come up with another term for it other than cuckold if you want.

Even by your very image board-ian definition of the word, Robert is a cuckold, in case you had forgotten Lyanna.

And while Cersei cheats and mistreats Jaime, she still very much loves him, as he is naturally an extension of her, and she has some serious narcissistic issues.

Even by your very image board-ian definition of the word, Robert is a cuckold, in case you had forgotten Lyanna.

And while Cersei cheats and mistreats Jaime, she still very much loves him, as he is naturally an extension of her, and she has some serious narcissistic issues.

As I said, I'm fine with Robert being called a cuckold concerning what Cersei did. I don't know what exactly happened with Lyanna.

Jorah and Jaime situations were very different.

I don't know what exactly happened with Lyanna.

He was in love with Lyanna, she left him for Rhaegar. By your meme definition of cuckold, that means he is one.

Hey in English the world cuckold has a PRECISE meaning and it does NOT mean someone in blind love. Robert has been cuckolded by Cersei because the kids are not his - that is the MEANING OF THE WORD - like a cuckoo bird.

Jorah was almost cuckolded because his wife left him but he is not raising another's kids so the word barely applies.

Hey in English the world cuckold has a PRECISE meaning and it does NOT mean someone in blind love. Robert has been cuckolded by Cersei because the kids are not his - that is the MEANING OF THE WORD - like a cuckoo bird.

Jorah was almost cuckolded because his wife left him but he is not raising another's kids so the word barely applies.

Yeh, in America we use slang and evolve language.

at one time, gay meant happy, now it means something else.

Sometimes our slang catches on and becomes the actual meaning and sometimes it doesnt.

Feel free to come up with your own term for Jorah, where I'm from we called those guys cuckolds.

lol just as much in denial as Robert himself, quite poignant

Im not denying anything, I said I don't know who Lyanna did or didn't love.

I had the crazy notion to say I didn't know something when I actually didn't know it.

The point being, I think Jaime and Jorah situations were similar while Roberts was something completely different than either of them.

I have to admit Iain Glen has actually made me like Jorah quite a bit. I think he's a very well written character, and right up there with Sandor, Varys, LF, Oberyn, Stannis, etc as far as best non pov characters.

I would really like to see him reunited with Dany, and for her to forgive him. Or at the very least for him to find some redemption by joining the NW.

I've seen that a lot. I think he's super-slimy and creepy, just like the real Jorah :) So he is not a bad actor atleast!

Archived