The Legend of Korra; a story continues

Tellus Explorer

Honestly outside the coolness of having a teen lesbian couple (that isn't for straight guys jerking off) I'm not that keen on seeing the Korra story continue.

I'm actually interested in more than the romance. I hope it is there, but not too much of it. I'm more interested in Korra as a character now. She's past her teenage rebel years, she's more or less over her PTSD, she's flush from a victory that showed her the vastness of her spiritual powers, and she's (likely) in a stable relationship with a non-bender. I'd be very interested to see if Korra goes about championing the causes of her enemies. She'll certainly work for a stable Earth continent. Will she fight oppressive rulers, anti-spirit sentiment, and oppressive benders actively? I think there's a good story there if so.

But hey, if they do a good job on that relationship and the story ends up being impressive I'll check it out....though I thought the story about finding Zuko's mom in the comics was pretty bad so not keeping my hopes up.

Well, that story wasn't written by Bryke, so there's hope that those kinds of missteps will be avoided.

Maybe...I guess the problem is LoK is a very mixed bag. Season 1 and 4 are good, 3 is some of the best cartoon ever, and then we have Season 2 which was just an utter abomination.

But you do give me hope - after all without the constraints imposed by an animation budget there might be a lot more nuance and fleshing out of the political concerns.

But you do give me hope - after all without the constraints imposed by an animation budget there might be a lot more nuance and fleshing out of the political concerns.

Exactly. That is my hope. They don't have to pretend to Nick that this is a kids story anymore.

How cruel to bump this thread and get my hopes up for a Netflix LoK project only to crush them.

But it's at least something. I'll definitely look into if it's well received.

I still think they should've waited a few years and continued the story with a movie, though. Korra or Aang or a completely new avatar, doesn't matter.

Doing the comic doesn't rule-out the possibility of an animated movie. It has an even better chance if the comic is incredibly successful.

I don't know if the writer has done comics before as it's not a simple translation between the two - the main hurdle being available space. I think the format for the Avatar comics is a sensible one where the volume is about the length of a 20 minute cartoon. I'm guessing they'll stick with that. Otherwise it's pretty similar as I'm sure they story board the cartoon at the scripting stage - especially writers from an animation background.

Archived