I can buy into a lot of theories (adwd spoilers)

Richard Hoffman

But jon warging into ghost 👻 is just stupid. Save for maybe some wildlings he would be strung up from his testies as evil if he should ever warg back into a human and jon the wolf 🐺 sounds like a boring story. Am I missing something that lends this theory credibility ? I think Mel will heal him, and for those who watch the show (latest ep spoilers inc ) Mel will return to heal him at the last moment.

Other than the overall narrative leading to it, you are missing the entire prologue when it is very clearly explained to us what happens when a warg dies. Perhaps you are also missing Aryas wolf dreams, indicating that wargs can subconsciously warg when asleep, so whether or not Jon is dead or in a coma, it seems like a done deal that he will be warging Ghost. You may want to reconsider your use of the word stupid, as yes, you are clearly missing a lot.

Jon snow...now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again

A vision mel has.

Plus the show hasn't shown him being a warg, or they may have (I've just stopped watching), so it's easy for them to go down that route. If another character is brought back from the dead by a red priest/priestess it's going to lose some value.

Other than the overall narrative leading to it, you are missing the entire prologue when it is very clearly explained to us what happens when a warg dies. Perhaps you are also missing Aryas wolf dreams, indicating that wargs can subconsciously warg when asleep, so whether or not Jon is dead or in a coma, it seems like a done deal that he will be warging Ghost. You may want to reconsider your use of the word stupid, as yes, you are clearly missing a lot.

So you've argued the how but not the WHY of it. I've read, read, read and re-read these books since high school over a decade ago so pointing out Six-Skins is only saying that his soul (or whatever you'd call it) can transfer to another, but that's not my question.

It's not likely that Jon would run around telling everyone if he had warged into Ghost... He's not stupid.

OK so Jon wargs into ghost and I doubt anybody including myself can dispute that, the question is TO WHAT END? I don't believe this theory because warging into ghost serves no purpose, especially with the high probability of L+R=J. Would we have to suffer through GhostJon chapters more boring than Brienne's until he wargs into one of the dragon's? As to the comment about him not telling anyone because he's not stupid again I'll ask, to what end? Jon the stable boy? Perhaps HodorJon?

I've related this before, Jon doesn't warg Ghost he wargs WunWun so that he can continue to commincate with the FreeFolk and to loyal crows thru Leathers. He also finds that warging is relatively easy and are able to converse. WunWun is able to relate the lore of the Giants thereby giving Jon an advantage when dealing with the Walkers when is able to return to his healing body.

I'm with the OP. Unless it is seriously temporary and serves a plot-development purpose (e.g. Jon discovering his warging abilities, which he can then use from now on), it doesn't make for a good story. It's a massive distraction that cannot easily lead anywhere, at a time when GRRM needs to be closing out story threads rather than opening up new ones. Such a development could kill momentum and would require further depth if Jon's soul were ever to leave Ghost. It could take the entirety of WoW just to resolve the warging and re-warging.

One warging chapter, please, no more than that.

I think he's going to spend some time in ghost, maybe he finds something maybe not. If he's unconscious, he'll probably warg for a time.

As for the Mel resurrection, that's the last thing I want to see. I'm done with dead characters coming back to life, so I really hope Jon flat out isn't dead.

As to the what end...Keep in mind I don't believe this, for the sheer reason I don't want Jon's body to die

With the AA prophecy (I do believe Jon is AA) people want him to die and be resurrected, reborn as AA in salt and smoke, etc. If he were to maintain his conscious and soul in tact in ghost he may not suffer the loss of himself to the degree that BD or UnCat suffered when their body died, i.e. brain and heart stop functioning. Only thing I can think of.

Archived