The holy hundred and Harrenhal.

SavosDeaworth

So the pious regiment of the holy hundred is currently located at the ruins of Harrenhal. As familiar the story of Harrenhal is that whoever is control of the ruin will eventually die. The current lord or castellan of Harrenhal is Bonifer Hasty, the leader of the Holy Hundred i practice but Peryr Baelish is still the official lord of Harrenhal.

If the tradition of Harrenhal is true Baelish and Bonifer Hasty will eventualy face an agonizing death. But here come the kicker. I don't think Bonifer Hasty will be another victim of Harrenhal, I think that the holy hundred will break the curse and use Harrenhal as their own domain. Harrenhal will evolve as a southern counterpart to the Night's Watch.

What do you think?

Remember, Ser Bonifer and Rhaella were in love before she married Aerys. I don't know how that's going to impact the story, but i think it will, Jamie and Ser Barristan both make mention if it.

My thoughts are that he lets (f)Aegon into HH for Aegon's strategic positions when attacking KL. Think we will also take Crackclaw point too, but that's off thread ha. I guess him helping Aegon would be dependent on if he is bitter towards Targs or not and probably moreso if the Faith sides with (f)Aegon.

I could see the Faith Militant take over Harrenhal if they're still around after Cersei is gone. While the castle is too big for it's small fief to support, an organization which spans all of Westeros plus elicits charitable contributions from followers would do well.

I like the House Stark of Harrenhal theory. It basically goes on about how Harrenhal is meant for kings and the Starks were once kings and their blood might break the curse. Sansa is currently parading around as Alayne Stone (who Littlefinger might ask Cersei to be legitimized) making her the pretend heir of House Baelish of Harrenhal and an heir through her grandmother from House Whent of Harrenhal. Plus it frees up Winterfell for Jon. But honestly, I have no clue about what's gonna happen in Harrenhal.

What do I think? That the Holy Hundred is a joke. There were 86 of them at last count and they aren't first class warriors if Lancel is typical of the membership.

On top of that you can't garrison Harrenhall properly with such a small group. If you add the armed rabble you could defend the walls but you still wouldn't have a real army.

What do I think? That the Holy Hundred is a joke. There were 86 of them at last count and they aren't first class warriors if Lancel is typical of the membership.

On top of that you can't garrison Harrenhall properly with such a small group. If you add the armed rabble you could defend the walls but you still wouldn't have a real army.

Lancel wasn't part of their membership. That being said, they did fight on the Blackwater, and while they weren't distinguished, they weren't shamed either, and that was one vicious battle. Their biggest advantage is that they're a spotless bunch. They don't rape, they don't pillage, they don't whore, they don't gamble, and they don't have any pre-existing friends or enemies in the region. That aside, I really don't think they have that big a part to play.

So the pious regiment of the holy hundred is currently located at the ruins of Harrenhal. As familiar the story of Harrenhal is that whoever is control of the ruin will eventually die. The current lord or castellan of Harrenhal is Bonifer Hasty, the leader of the Holy Hundred i practice but Peryr Baelish is still the official lord of Harrenhal.

If the tradition of Harrenhal is true Baelish and Bonifer Hasty will eventualy face an agonizing death. But here come the kicker. I don't think Bonifer Hasty will be another victim of Harrenhal, I think that the holy hundred will break the curse and use Harrenhal as their own domain. Harrenhal will evolve as a southern counterpart to the Night's Watch.

What do you think?

I believe that Harren the Black committed numerous sacrileges when he constructed Harrenhal, and that a worshiper of the Old Gods is who will ultimately break the curse; Bonifer's efforts to "purify" Harrenhal might be fruitless. Perhaps he won't die, if said worshiper of the Old Gods (Sansa? Arya?) take control of the castle before the curse takes effect on him.

In regards to a southern counterpart to the Night's Watch... they might play a role in defending the South against the Others, should they migrate that far in WoW or ADoS. I believe the Vale and Harrenhal will be beacons of protection during the potentional Long Night 2.0. The Vale can be completely isolated from the rest of the kingdom, as we see when the Vale closed off all of their points of entry (or was it their ports?) during the Spring Sickness in the early 200s. (Ref: Dunk and Egg) Harrenhal, which is supposedly "too large to garrison" will be large enough to contain refugees seeking protection and to hold supplies to sustain them. The number of refugees and supplies would be limited, but the number would still be quite high.

Remember, Ser Bonifer and Rhaella were in love before she married Aerys. I don't know how that's going to impact the story, but i think it will, Jamie and Ser Barristan both make mention if it.

My thoughts are that he lets (f)Aegon into HH for Aegon's strategic positions when attacking KL. Think we will also take Crackclaw point too, but that's off thread ha. I guess him helping Aegon would be dependent on if he is bitter towards Targs or not and probably moreso if the Faith sides with (f)Aegon.

I doubt that Bonnifer will be so bitter for being jilted that he'd hold it completely against the Targaryens. One thing about Bonifer that I picked up from his exchange with Jaime was that he had a misogynistic streak. Bonifer seems like the type of man that would support Aegon over Daenerys, if even for gender.

What do you think?

What makes you think this will happen?

I think it more likely Dany makes Harrenhal her base. She would remind Hasty more of her mother than Aegon, and I think he would yield to her.

Archived