[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion v. 2

My apologies. You mean it's illegal to show an underage actress playing a sex scene?

Not only that, but it's illegal to show an underage character having sex on TV/film. And what's underage went from 16 to 18 a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken. Edited by kissdbyfire

Not only that, but it's illegal to show an underage character having sex on TV/film. And what's underage went from 16 to 18 a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken.

I really don't think that's the case. Otherwise GoT couldn't have been shown on UK tv. Which it is.

I really don't think that's the case. Otherwise GoT couldn't have been shown on UK tv. Which it is.

What do you mean? For instance, Dany was aged for that very reason.

Edited by kissdbyfire

Didn't they just portray the after-sex? Many tv shows get away with it by showing only the moments before or the moments after. I know because I used to watch a lot of teen drama on tv.

Yeah, they do that a lot.

She was younger than 18 wasn't she? I honestly can't remember how old show Dany was supposed to be when she was married to Khal Drogo.

I honestly don't remember. I also don't remember when it changed from 16 to 18...

What do you mean? For instance, Dany was aged for that very reason.

I remember GRRM in an interview that Dany was 17 in season one (was youngest a character in the US could be to have simulated sex on tv but the actress playing the 17 year old had to be atleast 5 years older) Emilia Clarke was 22 years old when season one was filmed.

I remember GRRM in an interview that Dany was 17 in season one (was youngest a character in the US could be to have simulated sex on tv but the actress playing the 17 year old had to be atleast 5 years older) Emilia Clarke was 22 years old when season one was filmed.

Not the US, the UK, but yeah, Dany was aged from 13 to 16-17, something like that. I've never heard of the actor having to be at least 5 years older than the character though...

Not the US, the UK, but yeah, Dany was aged from 13 to 16-17, something like that. I've never heard of the actor having to be at least 5 years older than the character though...

ok the uk. has the law not changes since 2011, like in 2013? How is the law today? does anyone know?

Even if Tommen had been 20, he was shown being naive about sex (and everything else). He has just learned how the thing works. It might not be that for the characters but for us the audience, it's abuse. Because Margaery knows this very well, that's how they have portrayed: as being sexually manipulative. She doesn't care for him. She just want to win him over Cersei.

Margaery in the books does the same but she gives him something that Cersei can also give him but refuses: confidence. That's why Tommen likes her, because while he's just Joffrey's replacement, Marg doesn't treat him like that, whether she's honest or not. By the time Tommen is a grown man he will remember that his mother kept him away from the world while Margaery told him "you can do things on your own!". By the time he's mature enough to lust for Margaery and want her sexually he will also want her because she's a good person and they can bond for real. Show Tommen is like a kid with a new toy, and if, eventually, a girl that can give him sex also appear, he even might put Margaery away. So, Margaery's plan is also a bit flawed. He can expect a kid to be in love with him for just sex because one day, that kid is going to grow up with the power of being able to have ANY girl.

Edited by JonCon's Red Beard

Even if Tommen had been 20, he was shown being naive about sex (and everything else). He has just learned how the thing works. It might not be that for the characters but for us the audience, it's abuse. Because Margaery knows this very well, that's how they have portrayed: as being sexually manipulative. She doesn't care for him. She just want to win him over Cersei.

Margaery in the books does the same but she gives him something that Cersei can also give him but refuses: confidence. That's why Tommen likes him, because while he's just Joffrey's replacement, Marg doesn't treat him like that, whether she's honest or not. By the time Tommen is a grown man he will remember that his mother kept him away from the world while Margaery told him "you can do things on your own!". By the time he's mature enough to lust for Margaery and want her sexually he will also want her because she's a good person and they can bond for real. Show Tommen is like a kid with a new toy, and if, eventually, a girl that can give him sex also appear, he even might put Margaery away. So, Margaery's plan is also a bit flawed. He can expect a kid to be in love with him for just sex because one day, that kid is going to grow up with the power of being able to have ANY girl.

Not that this has any bearing, Show Margeary seems much more experienced than a woman who supposedly never had sex. She was supposed to be a maid on the show? Right?

Not that this has any bearing, Show Margeary seems much more experienced than a woman who supposedly never had sex. She was supposed to be a maid on the show? Right?

Well, we don't know if she ever consummates with Renly. In books, it's very likely she did (Renly was not an idiot and there was no reason for them to not have sex at all). She might have even had sex with him as well, even if the sex was terrible and awkward.

So, Margaery's plan is also a bit flawed. He can expect a kid to be in love with him for just sex because one day, that kid is going to grow up with the power of being able to have ANY girl.

That's why the priority for any new queen is to get pregnant as soon as possible. The King can have anyone he likes but as long as you carry his child and heir he won't put you aside.

Edited by Khal Boner

I don't think it's spelled out either way, but it's heavily hinted that she has experience. Remember her chat with Sansa about her impending marriage to Tyrion? There were other scenes too...

Well, we don't know if she ever consummates with Renly. In books, it's very likely she did (Renly was not an idiot and there was no reason for them to not have sex at all). She might have even had sex with him as well, even if the sex was terrible and awkward or she might have even had sex before and Renly didn't know (not that a straight guy could have known, anyway).

That's why the priority for any new queen is to get pregnant as soon as possible. The King can have anyone he likes but as long as you carry his child and heir he won't put you aside.

There is many ways to put a woman aside despite she has given the King heirs. It's not unknown that mistress and courtesans in many courts end up having a lot of power. The Queens are useful for their fertility. After they have give birth and heir and a spare, they can go away "by accident" and the King can remarry someone more convenient.