Do we finally know the broad strokes of LF plan?

Richard Hoffman

Obviously the book to show has their own plot changes, some small and some big, however the broad strokes must remain the same for the most part.

***Stop reading here if you didn't watch the recent (5/17) episode of game of thrones and do not want it spoiled, also a small spoiler from TWoW excerpt!****

In one of TWoW Sansa chapters GRRM released Sansa and Littlefinger are still in the vale and working on a marriage for her, and in the show she just married the bastard of Bolton. Big differences but is it the same big stroke? LF travels back to King's Landing and plays Cersei like a total fool, giving him the OK to march with the Vale behind him to save Sansa with the reward of making him warden of the north by taking out whoever lives and appearing the hero. Her comment in last weeks episode "The next time you see me I'll be a woman wed" tells me that romance isn't out of the question for her and LF, and with LF knowing Ramsay is an evil little bastard he will be the savior of both life AND land. So in TWoW I can see LF breaking the news of "Arya" in Winterfell and rallying the Vale behind him with a marriage and the revealing of Sansa.

Thoughts?

Well he's after titles and power : He's got Harrenhall, eventhough, he left it occupied by others. He's got unofficially The Eryie. And now it seems in the show the next move is Winterfell=> But he knows Ramsey is a lil sh*t, he can't deliver Sansa's head on a spike to Cersei (who's going to have some rough time soon anyway)= Would he try to join Stannis ? (eventhough they might be foundamentaly incompatible ?), or will he try to play it independantly ? And supposing he's successful, what's the next step ? Riverrun (sounds fair concidering his history) ?

My guess?

He is playing Mario and wants to find the princess. Well, a princess. Myrcella is kind of far away right now, but should Stannis fall... Shireen becomes a free credit line from the Iron Banks with a bloodline no one doubts. Crown her, wed her, and the Iron Throne is as close as it has ever been.

Archived