The lands of ice and fire

Attitude

I think it is just a map book. So it depends. I'd probably buy it because I absolutely love maps :) I used to spend hours devouring the map pages of The Silmarillion and LOtR, and Narnia. But of course, it's all personal preference

Just to let you know their actual maps. Not like drawings and paintings in a book, their actual maps meant for walls and stuff.

Or the one i have is.

Edit - definitely worth buying, they actually look good as well. I think GRRM gets criticism for making they book but I genuinely have no idea why.

Just to let you know their actual maps. Not like drawings and paintings in a book, their actual maps meant for walls and stuff.

Or the one i have is.

Edit - definitely worth buying, they actually look good as well. I think GRRM gets criticism for making they book but I genuinely have no idea why.

Yeah I didn't really get whether it was a (big) book with maps, or just a couple of maps. But you say it's the latter?

I don't really see myself putting them on my wall, so I wanne know how big they are (can I put them on my table and have a good look at them for instance..)

Yeah I didn't really get whether it was a (big) book with maps, or just a couple of maps. But you say it's the latter?

I don't really see myself putting them on my wall, so I wanne know how big they are (can I put them on my table and have a good look at them for instance..)

There pretty big. And yeah i meant the latter, walls and posters and stuff.

Not humongous where it covers half the wall but bigger than the map given with the complete collection of ASOIAF books.

There pretty big. And yeah i meant the latter, walls and posters and stuff.

Not humongous where it covers half the wall but bigger than the map given with the complete collection of ASOIAF books.

I just found out they are 24" x 36" which is appoximately 61 x 91 cm. I'll go and measure up my kitchen table when I get home. If they fit on there, I might buy them. Maybe later on I can convince my gf I can put one on the wall (probably not)...

I got this book immediately and I love it. it is not really a book, but a set of 12 maps. The one most interesting is a series of journeys of some of the most important characters. The maps are not suitable for hanging on the walls unless you don't care about fold lines, and they are fragile. I reinforced all the edges with tape.

That said, when I read about locations not covered by the maps in the books I refer to the map book. And it does cover beyond the lands of Asshai. As with WoIaF, the art work is wonderful.

I got this book immediately and I love it. it is not really a book, but a set of 12 maps. The one most interesting is a series of journeys of some of the most important characters. The maps are not suitable for hanging on the walls unless you don't care about fold lines, and they are fragile. I reinforced all the edges with tape.

That said, when I read about locations not covered by the maps in the books I refer to the map book. And it does cover beyond the lands of Asshai. As with WoIaF, the art work is wonderful.

Planning to do a read in English rather soon (when the weather gets better) and I sit outside more.. and I was planning on using it the same way..

Archived