IMDB crediting list episode 10/Spoiler discussion

FookinLegend

Episode "Lord Snow", season 1. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Snow

"At Castle Black, Benjen Stark meets Jon atop the Wall and tells him he is going on a ranging in the Haunted Forest. He refuses to take Jon with him, telling him he isn't ready, and that here rank and nobility means nothing: every man must earn everything he gets. "

Also a picture of them on top of the wall at that link. Took me 15 seconds on google to find that, by the way. A bill is in the mail.

Episode "Lord Snow", season 1. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Snow

"At Castle Black, Benjen Stark meets Jon atop the Wall and tells him he is going on a ranging in the Haunted Forest. He refuses to take Jon with him, telling him he isn't ready, and that here rank and nobility means nothing: every man must earn everything he gets. "

Also a picture of them on top of the wall at that link. Took me 15 seconds on google to find that, by the way. A bill is in the mail.

I sent you 50 monopoly dollars, I just finished 3 rewatch.

So, the question is, are you blind? :box:

Lol. This better not be just some background for Sam finding Benjen's dragonglass jock strap or something. Better be legit.

No I looked in the one before LS, and I was being nice , so I called the raven back no money for you.

I'm not surprised we will hear more about Benjen. There must be a reason why he was introduced in the first book and season. The only reason he disappeared was because of R+L=J. It was too soon to reveal that, so he had to disappear, just like Howland Reed. But now Jon is/will be stabbed and the long night is coming, it's time to reveal the truth. That could happen this episode or in the beginning of the next season.

But I do wonder how they will explain his absence in book and show, I guess he was also at Hardhome with the Wildlings/Wights/White Walkers. And I wonder if he''ll have the chance to speak Jon before the stabbing. Or maybe that's when he will appear to save/try to save Jon.

Isn't it curious there is no mention at all about the parents of Olly, his stares, some Ghost etc...

Orell death.. nothing.

The scenes you would expect to be in a recap.

Same goes for the Brienne/Pod conversation about Renly and how she wants to kill Stannis.

I too was puzled by what was not there.. No Sansa/Theon/WF and I would expect that to be a pretty big deal in the episode. Also no Olly's stabbyfaces.

Just watched that "previously on" clip and am hoping it is the real deal. It doesn't cover everything that could potentially be done in the upcoming finale, but it was a blast seeing Benjen again. Benjen Stark's disappearance is the first ASoIaF & GoT "mystery" that captivated me, and still has me guessing after three full book-series read throughs and I can't count how many re-watches of the show. I will seriously lose my mind if we never find out in the books where Benjen is/has been.

That being said, there is still so much that can be dealt with in this upcoming episode that I'm sure I'll be somewhat mollified if we don't literally have the Benjen mystery solved. Crossing my fingers for some epic stuff that my geek pals & I can talk to death 'til the next season (and the next book).

So the preview basically confirms that LSH won't appear then

To be fair, it doesn't really even hint at FTW (which seems pretty likely to me from a story-telling perspective), so if they were going to spring that on us, not showing any hint of it in the previews would help with the "surprise" element (for some watchers). Thus IF they were going to do the LSH story, they mightn't hint at that either. I would say for the record that I will be shocked as shit if LSH is in the show in any way. It'd be cool, but seems they'd have done it sooner... unless they are going to make LSH a different character's path (like Sansa taking on elements of Jeyne Poole's story).

TL;DR-- you just never know with GoT. Different entity from the books, that's for sure. :)

I think there's no time to introduce Benjen into the Castle Black storyline with all the goings on that need to occur there. We have also seen on IMDB that the nights king will be back. Also not likely to see him at CB either...not yet anyway.

I think D&D are just going to tease us with a little North of the Wall scene showing Benjen as a captive of the Nights King, maybe letting us get some ominous Ice spider action to hype next season? Either way, I think Benjen interacts with Others in some way - it's the most logical way to get them in the episode, now that we've lost all POVs beyond the wall except Bran, who isn't in this season.

To be fair, it doesn't really even hint at FTW (which seems pretty likely to me from a story-telling perspective), so if they were going to spring that on us, not showing any hint of it in the previews would help with the "surprise" element (for some watchers). Thus IF they were going to do the LSH story, they mightn't hint at that either. I would say for the record that I will be shocked as shit if LSH is in the show in any way. It'd be cool, but seems they'd have done it sooner... unless they are going to make LSH a different character's path (like Sansa taking on elements of Jeyne Poole's story).

TL;DR-- you just never know with GoT. Different entity from the books, that's for sure. :)

Yes that makes sense too. They didn't show Brienne and Pod at all in the "previously on", perhaps not to give LSH away :drool:

More likely not :laugh:

No one is mentioning the theory that Benjen Stark could be Daario...in the first teaser you hear Tyrion say "You betrayed her" could finally Tyrion recognize the Stark? It's a theory that has been mentioned more than once, so I'm bringing it up..

Anyway, I will be super pissed if Benjen is in some "dream" and gone...like a two second dream and gone....it's time to bring this character

back..he represents a strong Stark character and is much needed in this series now.

I'm sooo freakin excited!!

No one is mentioning the theory that Benjen Stark could be Daario...in the first teaser you hear Tyrion say "You betrayed her" could finally Tyrion recognize the Stark? It's a theory that has been mentioned more than once, so I'm bringing it up..

Anyway, I will be super pissed if Benjen is in some "dream" and gone...like a two second dream and gone....it's time to bring this character

back..he represents a strong Stark character and is much needed in this series now.

I'm sooo freakin excited!!

Whilst I think it highly unlikely that Benjen = Daario, I will agree with you on the excitement. :) I always said that I would freakin' lose my shit if we never found out what happened to Benjen (particularly in the books), now I find that I am nearly crazed with the potential Benjen-sighting hype. I can't sleep, keep fidgeting, scouring the web for more info, annoying my friends with GoT talk... LOL. I can't recall being this excited about an upcoming episode, and if it turns out that Benjen is just being used as reminder & we don't see him or find out something, well, I don't know what I'll do. Probably my therapist will be getting an earful of my bitching for a session or two. LOL!

I think there's no time to introduce Benjen into the Castle Black storyline with all the goings on that need to occur there. We have also seen on IMDB that the nights king will be back. Also not likely to see him at CB either...not yet anyway.

I think D&D are just going to tease us with a little North of the Wall scene showing Benjen as a captive of the Nights King, maybe letting us get some ominous Ice spider action to hype next season? Either way, I think Benjen interacts with Others in some way - it's the most logical way to get them in the episode, now that we've lost all POVs beyond the wall except Bran, who isn't in this season.

Sadly IMDB can be edited by members in good standing, so it's not terribly reliable. :( I do want to see more the Night King, or whoever/whatever D&D have made him out to be, dammit! I also want some of that ice spider action you mention. Regular old spiders are bad enough, but dog-sized frozen spiders will give me extra chills. Fun!

Archived