IMDB crediting list episode 10/Spoiler discussion

FookinLegend

I'm not sure what would hurt more: Benjen being a White Walker or Jaqen being Syrio. Both are prime motivators for their protegees.

Benjen's disappearance is why Jon wanted to be a Ranger and why the first ranging with Lord Commander Mormant happened. I think it would be Jon's nightmare to come face to face with his own uncle in the form of an ice zombie. BTW - someone up thread mentioned having to remember who Benjen was. I think that's why the trailer has Jon say, "Uncle Benjen" three times in 5 seconds.

Syrio's death put Ser Meryn Trant as the first name on Arya's infamous list. She won't be able to forgo giving him the gift of Mercy, only I doubt it will be through the heart. Knowing his "Too Old" disposition, Needle might find a home a little lower. But, Jaqen will take her site, realizing she would have followed through with her assignment if she hadn't 'seen' Trant on the docks.

As for all the rest - I guess we will find out in about 23 and 1/2 hours.

lol can you imagine Benjen wandering back into the North and someones like 'yo Benj, whats up?...(PROCEEDS IN A SAD VOICE) oh by the way your Brother was beheaded, his wife and children were massacred and your one known remaining niece is a sex slave for a sadist.' i think he's like fuck this place and goes back beyond the wall and starts his own kingdom convincing the others that he's actually the God they never had.

I am going to be so peeved if Benjen doesn't actually make an appearance but is only mentioned in a significant way (enough to warrant a place in the recap). It will be like the season 4 finale all over again, getting hyped and waiting for that one scene (Stoneheart) but it never comes so you are left feeling flat, despite all the other exciting things in the episode. Don't do this to me again D&D!

lol can you imagine Benjen wandering back into the North and someones like 'yo Benj, whats up?...(PROCEEDS IN A SAD VOICE) oh by the way your Brother was beheaded, his wife and children were massacred and your one known remaining niece is a sex slave for a sadist.' i think he's like fuck this place and goes back beyond the wall and starts his own kingdom convincing the others that he's actually the God they never had.

"But don't worry, Jon is still alive and he is Lord Commander"

Then just as Benjen sets eyes on Jon.....FTW

:lmao:

I am going to be so peeved if Benjen doesn't actually make an appearance but is only mentioned in a significant way (enough to warrant a place in the recap). It will be like the season 4 finale all over again, getting hyped and waiting for that one scene (Stoneheart) but it never comes so you are left feeling flat, despite all the other exciting things that happened. Don't do this to me again D&D!

I dont know why but im feeling like Stoneheart could appear in the finale. I just think (aside from all the hype) that she is a significant character and that they have just waited to reveal her until now. GRRM says that she is one of his most important characters that were not in the TV show in a recent IGN article so no ones expecting her, but i suppose that could also be taken that she has indeed been cut from the show. At the moment the biggest mystery for me will be what will the 'extreme' moment involving the sand snakes be. Im thinking its an obvious ambush resulting in Myrcellas death/injury or Bronns death, my reasoning is simply that Hotah hasnt been cut and references earlier by Doran questioning his (Hotahs) readiness to fight having not used his axe in a long time will be significant.

I don't think they'd bring somebody back after 4 years just to play a White Walker or an Other. Maybe Coldhands?

What could Benjen have been doing for the past 2 years or so on the show? Let's say his ranging gets attacked and Benjen gets wounded and his horse flees with a staggering/injured Benjen on top. Later, he falls off his horse and stumbles down a hill or into a small river as The Others close in on his horse. However, now free of its burden, the horse makes it back to the Wall. Benjen stumbles around in a daze and finally finds a protected place to recuperate (maybe the Children of the Forest help and/or turn him into Coldhands, but Martin has supposedly nixed Benjen = Coldhands, no?) After he recovers, he goes back and finds the remains of the mutiny at Craster's Keep and suspects the worst, so he heads to either the Shadow Tower or Eastwatch to get around the Wall in secret to see what's up. Along the way, he also hears that big brother Ned was beheaded and that Winterfell was taken... and then???

I dont know why but im feeling like Stoneheart could appear in the finale. I just think (aside from all the hype) that she is a significant character and that they have just waited to reveal her until now. GRRM says that she is one of his most important characters that were not in the TV show in a recent IGN article so no ones expecting her, but i suppose that could also be taken that she has indeed been cut from the show. At the moment the biggest mystery for me will be what will the 'extreme' moment involving the sand snakes be. Im thinking its an obvious ambush resulting in Myrcellas death/injury or Bronns death, my reasoning is simply that Hotah hasnt been cut and references earlier by Doran questioning his (Hotahs) readiness to fight having not used his axe in a long time will be significant.

I had figured all along that Hotah would "axe" Bronn instead of Arys Oakheart.

Do you think people that don't read the books have an IQ of zero?

agreed - I think by now, most people realize you need a scorecard to track the characters and probably have one if they love the show... and, if not, that's what the "previously on" thing is for. (Heck, they reintroduced Selmy that way.)

"But don't worry, Jon is still alive and he is Lord Commander"

Then just as Benjen sets eyes on Jon.....FTW

:lmao:

"Guys!"

"Come on maaaaan, I wanted to tell you my crazy story"

"No time. No care. So you came back. Big deal. We have thousands of guys here that lived up there."

"But"

"Dammit Benjen! We have better things to do"

"But I saw the biggest shadowcat. And guys, believe this: I saw Others. I saw them!"

"Yeah? Well Sam killed one. As did Jon."

" :'( "

"Guys!"

"Come on maaaaan, I wanted to tell you my crazy story"

"No time. No care. So you came back. Big deal. We have thousands of guys here that lived up there."

"But"

"Dammit Benjen! We have better things to do"

"But I saw the biggest shadowcat. And guys, believe this: I saw Others. I saw them!"

"Yeah? Well Sam killed one. As did Jon."

" :'( "

Benjen is going to get raped! Im calling it now.

Some people think Benjen will reveal R+L=J to Jon.

Benjen: I'm back!

Jon: Where have you been all this time?!

Benjen: It is a long story, but first I have to tell you something very important.

Jon: What is it?

Benjen: Your mother...

Jon: Yes, who is she?

Benjen: She's Lyanna!

Jon: Lyanna Stark?

Benjen: That's the one, and your fath- *an arrow erupts from his chest*

Jon: No! *Jon looks up and see Olly on the balcony with a bow, he gives a small nod* So I am the product of incest.

Sam: Yes, Jon, it is all incest. GRRM's got a thing for it.

It would be nice if it was officially revealed.

Do you think people that don't read the books have an IQ of zero?

It's not just a matter of intelligence.

They have not thought about this character for like 5 years.

Benjen is going to get raped! Im calling it now.

But he's not a female character.

Well Benjen was going to investigate the disturbing reports beyond the wall, he also told Jon that they will speak when he returns. I would think he will come back from his mission with information and he will tell it to Jon, if he travelled to the Land of Always Winter the timing fits plus we are guaranteed to see the Lands of Always Winter in the books.

I think they were showing Syrio to remind us why Arya hates Trant and to remind us how he died. She will probably say something like "What do we say to the god of death? Today." when she kills him.

As for Benjen, I think it will go something like this:

Jon: And that is why I will be marching to Winterfell.

Benjen: *walks into hall* I'm back!

Jon: Uncle Benjen! Where have you-

Benjen: For the Watch. *stabs Jon*

Yes to the bolded part. :angry2: to the Benjen part.

I will officially be awake from now until the finale is over, and probably even after. Who in the seven hells needs sleep.....Benjen and Syrio! On a side note when Trant breaks Syrios wooden sword in the previously on segment, i love the way Syrios expression is just kind of like 'who needs a sword anyway'. Never actually seen him die. My life would be complete if HBO did a Benjen and Syrio spin off.

As would mine.

:lol:

Sad, but true. Poor Benjen.

Reading books feels like its becoming a lost artform. People now want everything intravenously injected straight into their brains without having to actually put any effort into discovering or learning anything.

Enough with the BookThumping.

I get enough Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses at my door every month with the thumping. I don't need to be 'bibled' here on a 'get hype' thread.

I've been reading books since 1971 or 1972, and watching tv since 1970. I can appreciate the entertainment value of both.

Archived