Why should Dany trust Tyrion - his own family sits the Iron Throne!

Tyrion's Third Wife

@Marlom Varys didn't order her death, King Bob did. Varys sent the word and set up the poisoning. If you remember after King Bob dies Ned goes to Varys and tells him that King Bob changed his mind and Varys says it's too late, that little bird has already flown the coop.

I do not understand the "OMG it's Tyrion!!" look on Dany's face during the reveal. I would have expected more of a "who?" and "why should I care?" look.

I'm sure Barristan schooled Dany very thoroughly on the great houses and Westerosi politics. She knows who he is. Plus, he's a dwarf, and that's always going to make some do a second look, too.

And why should she believe it or even if she does believe it, why trust a man that killed his own father? I really have no idea how they're going to explain this.

What does she even know about Westeros? Nothing but wild tales and white washed truths that Barristan and Viserys told her... Jorah hasn't been in Westeros in a long time as well.

Tyrion not only knows the machinations of Kings Landing, he's clever, has experience as commander, and the most important thing, he tells the hard truths, the hard truths that Dany must face before heading to Westeros; like that her dad was a crazy motherfucker who got what he baragained for by burning Rickard Stark.

There was a hypothesis that Tyrion would offer lots of dragon taming advice. In book 1 he was made out to be a dragon fanatic and studied them extensively. Among his skills, he could also design a good saddle for seating a dragon being that he designed a special saddle for himself and Bran. That's the most immediate and visible help he could give and that's how he could make himself useful and show results in a quantitative way. Results talk better than words.

For stuff like political advice, he would need time to earn Dany's trust. His skills in the political arena will not be immediately known, also she has more reasons to distrust him in this aspect anyway.

I also think that Tyrion could give advice on dragon taming. He has read all the material left by the Targaryens. He could also tell Dany about her family history. Dany is in a very hopeless place with her dragons right now and I think any support or advice towards how to train them or how they were trained earlier when Targaryens ruled, might be very useful. There is not a single person she knows right now that has ANY knowledge or what so ever about her dragons.

Archived