(book spoilers!) FTW

jontargaryen_

The point is, enough people do know, and there will be a follow up blog on Monday morning if the scene ends as the book did. The shock would be nullified. Well that might not be true, but I would be surprised if someone didn't write a "WHOAAA wait a sec" blog.

I don't seem to get your point.

It will be the same cliffhanger the book ended on. Does anyone really think Jon is dead in the books? I guess there is a tiny minority that might say so, but would they even be willing to bet on it? So basically everyone reading the books also knows he is coming back. The question is how and why.

So how is that going to be any different on the show? The question will be, how and why he comes back. The best part is that NO ONE knows the answer to that one because the books have also left off at the same place. It is perfect.

The shock will still be there when he dies and people will freak. It is known.

It will be the same cliffhanger the book ended on. Does anyone really think Jon is dead in the books? I guess there is a tiny minority that might say so, but would they even be willing to bet on it? So basically everyone reading the books also knows he is coming back. The question is how and why.

So how is that going to be any different on the show? The question will be, how and why he comes back. The best part is that NO ONE knows the answer to that one because the books have also left off at the same place. It is perfect.

The shock that "Jon is dead?!" for show only viewers is still there too. Red Wedding was out for a long time yet people were still shocked. So Jon dying will have the same effect, but only for a few minutes till the book readers spoil everyone on social media that he will come back, then the shock of "how and why" will proceed.

The shock that "Jon is dead?!" for show only viewers is still there too. Red Wedding was out for a long time yet people were still shocked. So Jon dying will have the same effect, but only for a few minutes till the book readers spoil everyone on social media that he will come back, then the shock of "how and why" will proceed.

but how can book readers spoil what they don't have any information about? at this point the spoiler comes from Kit being signed for two more seasons. that is the only hard evidence we have from books or show that he will be back... and we still don't know how or why.

This, never gets old. https://youtu.be/WrjwaqZfjIY

Aren't you clever. How exactly am I wrong? Laying aside the silly notion that they would let him cut his hair for a moment's shock value (he'd have to start growing it back immediately and that would be seen), my point remains. If Kit cuts his hair, he's been released from his contract. He's not getting fired and the role recast. So Jon would have to be dead. That's all I've said. I've expressed zero preference on which it would be. I really have no idea. I actually think it more likely that Jon's alive, but I put nothing past GRRM.

But Monday we will know. The show either needs Kit's services next season or they don't. The question of Jon's survival will be known. That's the only point I made. I'll expect your apology in the next response you make to me.

well if you have seen the leaked images from the finalie you kind of get an answer to this question at least part of how they are going to have it go down

yay...finally!!! Was starting to think i was the only one who has seen them or something...lol...amazing how much can be deduced from 4 blurry photos isnt it?

In the books we read and understand a larger part of the story that viewers do not. So we can look at a scene and question it. This is lost in the tv adaption. To take a piece of literature and put it in tv, it needs to adapt well. This is an important scene, but it does not adapt so well.

There really is no point in "killing" Jon, and then immediately after start filming the next part of his arc with everyone knowing. My suggestion is that they add stuff from Winds of Winter so that the scene makes sense.

Let's say you watch the World Cup. Italy loses to France in the first knockout round. You get mad stomp your feet and pout. A few days later, Italy is playing again in the next round. That would not make any sense whatsoever. You just watched them lose.

In the same way. If they kill Jon without showing him warg, saved, etc, then what was the point? People know that Kit is filming for S6 and S7. That would be like killing Ned and then sewing his head back on for S2. It wouldn't make a dam bit of sense. For there to be some form of continuity, I feel that they at least have to show that Jon is not dead and something else is happening. Or stab him and while he takes the position he had at HH, the screen cuts black.

As far as knowing that Jon is not dead; there is plenty to go on. And Jon's chapter is the only chapter to end with ... (which is just to be continued).

I actually read a very plausible (well, D&D version of plausible anyway) indication of the entire set of episode 10 scenes. I won't say what and it likely still is troll bait jumping on the other images, but I could actually imagine them doing it the way I read it. We shall see. #BreakTheInternet?

Archived