(book spoilers!) FTW

jontargaryen_

Beric Dondarrion was resurrected several times, and although he did say resurrection comes at a price he never seemed to become like Lady Stoneheart. It seems like wounds don't fully heal and he loses a lot of his memories, but he never became driven by vengeance like LSH did. I agree Jon would be changed, but not necessarily to the extent LSH was. Then again, Melisandre isn't at the Wall right now and Beric was resurrected through R'hllor, so right now the only other option I could see would be if Jon was turned into a wight. If that happened, then... yeah, I assume he wouldn't be himself. I guess we won't know for sure until the episode comes out, or maybe not even until season 6.

Good point on Beric. I suppose not all resurrections as black and white as I may have wrote in my previous post.

However, there is doubt that Show Mel can make it back to Castle Black in time to perform a resurrection.

if he was coming back for season six i would have him cut his hair to throw people off.

Jon will be back. There are two types of people who love to say he is dead....most never even backing up their claims. They are either woefully obtuse individuals or just your every day, garden variety troll.

But, yes; if the show and it's creators wanted to mess with viewers; they could certainly have him trim his hair.

Jon will be back. There are two types of people who love to say he is dead....most never even backing up their claims. They are either woefully obtuse individuals or just your every day, garden variety troll.

But, yes; if the show and it's creators wanted to mess with viewers; they could certainly have him trim his hair.

yeah i agree.

How would that throw people off? Unless of course you are suggesting that Jon decided to be the whisperer of the north and pull a Vary's do. Or that he is going to beco

me a bald wight.

his hair is a part of the contract with hbo he cannot cut it.

yeah i agree.

It would work for a few viewers, throwing some off for an initial period of time. However, as soon as filming begins here in the next few weeks, the cat will be out of the bag.

It would work for a few viewers, throwing some off for an initial period of time. However, as soon as filming begins here in the next few weeks, the cat will be out of the bag.

Well charles dance and others have shown up to be there dead bodies people would buy it. it would the fact that he is still not working on something else when they are filming the new episodes.

Well charles dance and others have shown up to be there dead bodies people would buy it. it would the fact that he is still not working on something else when they are filming the new episodes.

I was speaking about the, constant leaked shots of the actors in the show, filming scenes. Dance was there for a few days, at the most. There are always pics, leaked of actors filming. The first time, Kit is shown in a pic with a sword in his hand, the game is up.

So in the grand scheme of things, Kit's hair, isn't that big of a deal. Like I said, earlier....it would work, but only for a short period of time.

If I am understanding you correctly:

That was not exactly my point. Cliffhangers or deaths in book have a point. An author reveals more with additional books. When taking that same idea to tv, it doesn't work if the person you killed has signed a contract for 2 additional years. This has nothing to do with story-telling structure, it has everything to do with continuity and making sense. Let's say they bring LSH back. Everyone is under the assumption that Michelle will not be filming anymore and her role is done. If they kept that under wraps or had her film scenes "undercover", it would shock the hell out of people expecting her to be dead. It would wrok really well. People who watch the show only are 100% convinced that Cat is dead, so no reason to think about it. This does not work with Jon because everybody knows he has signed for two additional years. That is why I am of the belief that the scene will not happen the same way, and when it ends it will do so ambiguously. They could play it out the same way, it just seems ridiculous if they do.

And I never said FTW would not happen, just that it may not happen as it does in the books. I am pretty sure that the Wall, Winterfell, and KL take up most of the minutes.

"everybody" does not know Kit is signed for 2 more seasons, only people who come to sites like this. Your average GoT watcher does not. There will be plenty of chatter around the water cooler and on the internet about what will happen to Jon next year, when and how he will come back etc and if information is shared there that he is officially signed for 2 more seasons it will make people want to turn in next year to see how it happens. I still say this season ends with FTW.

"everybody" does not know Kit is signed for 2 more seasons, only people who come to sites like this. Your average GoT watcher does not. There will be plenty of chatter around the water cooler and on the internet about what will happen to Jon next year, when and how he will come back etc and if information is shared there that he is officially signed for 2 more seasons it will make people want to turn in next year to see how it happens. I still say this season ends with FTW.

yeah that is right most people don't care about that kind of thing hardhome was out there for a while and most of the millions would not known till the episode.

Good point on Beric. I suppose not all resurrections as black and white as I may have wrote in my previous post.

However, there is doubt that Show Mel can make it back to Castle Black in time to perform a resurrection.

When a person is resurrected ala Donderion, they remember their last thoughts, his was to get the mountain but decided to join BWB once Ned died.

Cat's last thoughts were of her family and the people who destroyed her house she was also revived days after her death so only the vengeance thoughts survived.

When a person is resurrected ala Donderion, they remember their last thoughts, his was to get the mountain but decided to join BWB once Ned died.

Cat's last thoughts were of her family and the people who destroyed her house she was also revived days after her death so only the vengeance thoughts survived.

So it seems that, in each example, the final thoughts and the passage of time before resurrection heavily influence the persona of the person resurrection.

They're the people who rebel against the idea of Jon being important to the story. They call him a gary stu and HATE that he is more important than their favourite. Well, in my experience anyway. It is wishful thinking on their part.

So it seems that, in each example, the final thoughts and the passage of time before resurrection heavily influence the persona of the person resurrection.

yes, that's why Thoras refused to bring back Cat, so Beric gave her his breath to bring her back.

yeah i agree.

Ahhhhh ok I did not know that. Thanks for that.

The point is, enough people do know, and there will be a follow up blog on Monday morning if the scene ends as the book did. The shock would be nullified. Well that might not be true, but I would be surprised if someone didn't write a "WHOAAA wait a sec" blog.

And to be fair, I am not an avid show watcher, I missed most of seasons 3 and 4. This is the only season that I have actually paid attention, and I still found out about Kit's contract. I did not even know half the actor/actresses names before this year.... I am a devout reader of the series since 99, but less than casual show watcher before this season,so take that as you will.

Ahhhhh ok I did not know that. Thanks for that.

The point is, enough people do know, and there will be a follow up blog on Monday morning if the scene ends as the book did. The shock would be nullified. Well that might not be true, but I would be surprised if someone didn't write a "WHOAAA wait a sec" blog.

And to be fair, I am not an avid show watcher, I missed most of seasons 3 and 4. This is the only season that I have actually paid attention, and I still found out about Kit's contract. I did not even know half the actor/actresses names before this year.... I am a devout reader of the series since 99, but less than casual show watcher before this season,so take that as you will.

Just curious - and not wanting to derail - but what made this season different?

Archived