(book spoilers!) FTW

jontargaryen_

Who do you guys think the stabbers will be? Olly seems like an obvious choice, same with Marsh, but what about Thorne? I have a sinking feeling Dolorous Edd will be involved as well (despite what he saw at Hardhome).

Shireen being burnt to revive Jon was always a dumb idea. There is no way Mel would sacrifice Shireen for anyone but Stannis. Jon could just heal like a normal person or someone can use magic but that means he isn't going to come back whole.

You're right, my train of thought was that Mel would believe the pink letter because she can't see Stannis in the flames anymore and for that reason sacrifices Shireen. But since Stannis is neither dead (nor is really AAR) she revives Jon who just happened to get stabbed earlier that day thanks to the same letter.

His hair is quite long now and it seems like he might be growing out his beard more then normal. If he grows his beard out it could be a sign that Jon will be gravely injured, and in a sickbed for a while or he will be in a coma.

Which logically is likely to happen. Here is the recent picture you were talking about:

http://www.playerup.com/images/account/jonsnow28748.jpg

Doesn't look that much longer. This was taken 3 days ago.

Who do you guys think the stabbers will be? Olly seems like an obvious choice, same with Marsh, but what about Thorne? I have a sinking feeling Dolorous Edd will be involved as well (despite what he saw at Hardhome).

Have to believe Olly is going to be involved in someway. Either saving Jon or being the person involved based on where the show is going.

Its no longer called; For the Watch. From this point forward, Jon getting stabbed and whatever the fuck else they have planned for Jon, will be coined "For the Ratings!"

Blame the original writer, not the show. They're just following the books and what is to come.

Have to believe Olly is going to be involved in someway. Either saving Jon or being the person involved based on where the show is going.

i think like the book he first guy will fail and jon will beat him and maybe some of the others. then after you think he won he will turn his back on olly and BOOM stab in the gut.

Jon gets stabbed. Last scene of the season shows him open his eyes and they are white. End season.

Fixed that for ya.

However it goes down, I'm preparing myself to be spoiled regarding the whole 'how does Jon stay in this story' question goes. Because I think approximately zero people think he is dead for good. They may try to make us think that, in which case we will need to wait for Season 6 to be spoiled, but they could very well spoil it on Sunday.

Everybody had better wear their big boy pants.

Fixed that for ya.

However it goes down, I'm preparing myself to be spoiled regarding the whole 'how does Jon stay in this story' question goes. Because I think approximately zero people think he is dead for good. They may try to make us think that, in which case we will need to wait for Season 6 to be spoiled, but they could very well spoil it on Sunday.

Everybody had better wear their big boy pants.

Man i want to see if kit has to keep the hair...

With his resurrection there comes a difficulty.

IF Melisandre actually beams to the Wall in the next episode. After some other scenes, whatever..she will likely be there alone. No Stannis, no guards.

Only Davos.

And apparently he learns of Shireens fate in this episode.

So seems a very bad place for Melisandre to be.

How could she act and save Jon, or have any scene with him when Davos is around? He will definitely kill her if she were there.

IF Melisandre actually beams to the Wall in the next episode. After some other scenes, whatever..she will likely be there alone. No Stannis, no guards.

Only Davos.

How could she act and save Jon, or have any scene with him when Davos is around? He will definitely kill her if she were there.

maybe he throws her on a fire after jon is stabbed

Its no longer called; For the Watch. From this point forward, Jon getting stabbed and whatever the fuck else they have planned for Jon, will be coined "For the Ratings!"

How can following the books be 'for the ratings'?

Only Davos.

Or maybe Bran/the Night's King is involved in Jon's resurrection and Melisandre is at the wall in the books for other reasons. Or for all we know, Jon could have minor wounds and was wearing armor and doesn't need a resurrection at all.

Or maybe Bran/the Night's King is involved in Jon's resurrection and Melisandre is at the wall in the books for other reasons. Or for all we know, Jon could have minor wounds and was wearing armor and doesn't need a resurrection at all.

yeah for all we know jon lives (hurt badly but lives) and they are just showing off Jon warging into ghost

Only Davos.

I don't disagree, I think Davos would want nothing more than to kill her, but I think the ressurection will be what causes him to buy into Mel. He could witness the stabbing, see a dead LC who he had high hopes for after learning he would send supplies & food to Stannis, only to see him killed. He'll have a fit and approach Mel who is next to dead Jon, but before he kills her sees Jon's eyes open.

Hard to tell on internet forums, but I think that was a joke. If they do For the Watch (and they will), it's going to be more or less what happened in the books.

The problem with ending Season 5 with FTW, is that there is essentially no way for HBO to hide Kit filming season 6 (assuming he is alive).

In the books all GRRM has to do is keep his mouth shut, and the mouths of anyone who is helping him. No one is hovering over his shoulder filming his every move.

So if the season ends with Jon's death, they will get their ratings, but the cliffhanger will be spoiled in a month or two. Maybe they do not care about that but I think they do.

I think FTW happens, but they will have to give a bit more information. Eyes opening, or maybe him getting stabbed and then the next scene is from ghost's perspective, Jon's eyes going a different colour etc.

Ending a season with a Characters death with the intention of reviving them is simply not practical in todays world where the second he is on set, the internet will know he is alive.

The problem with ending Season 5 with FTW, is that there is essentially no way for HBO to hide Kit filming season 6 (assuming he is alive).

In the books all GRRM has to do is keep his mouth shut, and the mouths of anyone who is helping him. No one is hovering over his shoulder filming his every move.

So if the season ends with Jon's death, they will get their ratings, but the cliffhanger will be spoiled in a month or two. Maybe they do not care about that but I think they do.

I think FTW happens, but they will have to give a bit more information. Eyes opening, or maybe him getting stabbed and then the next scene is from ghost's perspective, Jon's eyes going a different colour etc.

Ending a season with a Characters death with the intention of reviving them is simply not practical in todays world where the second he is on set, the internet will know he is alive.

so why hide that he lives then?

and we already sort of know. He still has his contract hair. unless he has to keep it till the end of the season airing.

of course i would have him cut his hair for the show to throw people off.

Archived