(book spoilers!) FTW

jontargaryen_

I know DnD as well as Michelle Fairley said LS won't appear - but the fact that Mother's Mercy is her less discussed alias leads me to believe she will be one of the closing scenes.

Scenes:

a. ?

b. ?

c. ?

d. ?

e. ?

f. FTW

g. Lady Stoneheart

h. Resurrection

--Credits--

This would be so perfect but I don't want to get my hopes up):

Yes, that's my guess too!

They can't hide the fact that Kit will shoot his scenes for season 6 (they couldn't hide Tyrion in Mereen, we have pictures of it, and they couldn't hide Cersei's walk in Dubrovnik either), so there's no reason to end the season on a fake cliffhanger that will be resolved with spoilers from the medias...

The vast majority of fans won't see it, all they need to do it leave a level of serious doubt about him surviving and it will be enough.

I remember a lot of people thinking Ned couldn't really be dead. I remember a lot of people thinking Robb and Cat couldn't really be dead (and on the TV-show Talisa with a baby on the way). George has a knack for taking away something brutally, then focusing on another hero as the story progresses. Jon in the TV-show and even in the books has been bombarded as the male Dany from the North for the die hard showfans. Everyone seems pretty convinced Jon is somehow going to face Dany or shag her, or become a king.. it's totally out of line with his character. Jon has been a burdened character as his world is grim and harsh, and he's stern enough to get around in that, but George writes realistic fantasy, and that doesn't mean that all of a sudden Jon is going to resurrect (or without consequences) because he is such a likable person to us, and get wings and a firesword and kill the Nights King then swoops on a dragon to Dany and live happily ever after. Jon is most likely going to die, either by this stabbing, or something that required his sacrifice (aka stopping the Nights King or whatever).

Nah, Jons dead feels more realistic and less WTF-ish to me then Neds and Robbs, especially since I started reading the books after The Red Wedding aired. The sense of betrayal is already there with Jon, as you know what kind of bastards the NW are. With Robb it felt just dramatic and so damn shocking. With Ned there was a sense of it being unreal, since he was kind of the pivotal character there. Jon has had a long journey, sure, but he never grew into someone who wasn't constantly bothered or feared or on his guard.

I think people are far more invested in Jon thant they ever were with Rob (who is very much a secondary character in the books), Ned was a huge shock but with hindsight it had meaning. Killing Jon would not be popular simply because he is one of the most loved and invested characters in the series (along with Tyrion and Dany). If he goes who would people root for, I doubt they would switch allegiances.

I just can't bring myself to accept he would die but I am a little worried the show is going to confirm either way in under two weeks time. What I would say is I think the warging into Ghost is very unlikely as surely the show would have built this up more (it's evidence since Clash of Kings in the books).

If Jon is resurrected, it'll be with fire not ice. The theory of Jon as a white-walker is a confused piece of fan-fiction.

I hope you are correct however the Nights King and White Walkers are in episode 10, the question is what are they doing.

I remember a lot of people thinking Ned couldn't really be dead. I remember a lot of people thinking Robb and Cat couldn't really be dead (and on the TV-show Talisa with a baby on the way). George has a knack for taking away something brutally, then focusing on another hero as the story progresses. Jon in the TV-show and even in the books has been bombarded as the male Dany from the North for the die hard showfans. Everyone seems pretty convinced Jon is somehow going to face Dany or shag her, or become a king.. it's totally out of line with his character. Jon has been a burdened character as his world is grim and harsh, and he's stern enough to get around in that, but George writes realistic fantasy, and that doesn't mean that all of a sudden Jon is going to resurrect (or without consequences) because he is such a likable person to us, and get wings and a firesword and kill the Nights King then swoops on a dragon to Dany and live happily ever after. Jon is most likely going to die, either by this stabbing, or something that required his sacrifice (aka stopping the Nights King or whatever).

Nah, Jons dead feels more realistic and less WTF-ish to me then Neds and Robbs, especially since I started reading the books after The Red Wedding aired. The sense of betrayal is already there with Jon, as you know what kind of bastards the NW are. With Robb it felt just dramatic and so damn shocking. With Ned there was a sense of it being unreal, since he was kind of the pivotal character there. Jon has had a long journey, sure, but he never grew into someone who wasn't constantly bothered or feared or on his guard.

There are some major differences between Robb/Ned and Jon though. First of all, Jon is one of the main POV characters and we are more invested in him than in Robb/Ned (or at least we learn more about him). His death happens during his own POV chapter which seems to indicate that he isn't dead. A resurrection similar to Catelyn/Beric/Robert Strong isn't necessary. We only know that Jon was stabbed, there are many theories out there including that Jon was wearing armor (there's even foreshadowing to this). By all means, his wounds could be non-fatal and maybe he wargs temporarily into Ghost while his body is healing.

Secondly, Jon's death would have no real purpose. Ned's death and Robb's death had a lot of meaning. They showed us what kind of world GRRM is creating, that no one is safe and that this isn't a cliché "hero overcomes burden and ultimately succeeds" story. They were also necessary for the War of the Five Kings, the Bolton/Frey treachery and all the other events. Those deaths are basically the catalysts for all the major events in ASOIAF.

Jon's death would conflict with a lot of foreshadowing (that he will learn about his true parentage, that Melisandre sees him in the flames, etc.) and wouldn't really achieve anything except to piss some people off.

Thus, I think Jon's stabbing is necessary for him to be released of his vows, but not in the way most people think (that his death will release him from his vows). I think his stabbing will cause the destruction of the NW, which is rather ironic since this is what lead to the stabbing in the first place. I think Wun Wun and the Wildlings are gonna rage when Jon gets stabbed and a lot of NW men will be killed in the aftermath. There won't be a NW left to man the wall so Jon will finally have the means to unite the North, which could be the only way to stop the Others.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!!

You could be right, Jon lost to us forever is something we may need to accept for the rest of the series, but I will say this.

1.The mystery of Jon's parentage, I know D & D are trolls, but that would be a crazy waste of screentime, with the R+L=J hints dropped further in the series

2.With Sam back in the reach, and if FTW is permanent, Aemon dead, why would anyone feel invested in the Wall scenes anymore?

3.I seriously doubt that Olly would stab Jon, he'll probably use poison, he can't do it all by himself, a 10-12 yr old can't stab a Night's Watch LC, not without help, and even Allister Thorne is not stupid enough to kill a White Walker killer, the NW just can't afford that right now

4. Jon's not a Stark, not on his father's side, (I know, I know, I dislike the faith in RLJ as much as any other sceptic, but as far as the TV series goes, there doesn't look any other alternative)

5.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefNSdfvfss

Mel is about to have another scene with JS, so fingers crossed.

6. Book Jon is very much alive, if you remember the text in DWD, not one of those attacks was a fatal one, no one's gonna die from a stab to the guts, at least not instantly( but as I said Jon might not be stabbed).

Half of the NW is against Jon,and some part of them probably with him.It's basically a suicide mission from Olly,Thorne and rest.They won't make it alive out of there ,with bunch of a widlings around+Ghost,Wun Wun.

Funny thing about Jon's fate.Carice was a host in Thronecast and there was a question "Who is the best kisser on the show?" Jon,Stannis or Gendry.Btw she answered Jon/Kit.One things just bothers me,because she never kissed Jon on the show.There was a seduction scene,but that's all.Stannis yeah 2x02 and Gendry in season 3.

Which makes me wonder,if poor Shireen will not be a sacrificed,but Mel will revive him with the "kiss of life".Add to this her interview,that there will even an bigger scene with Jon in the future,after their seduction scene.What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGs-nnriW3E

I don't think Jon dies to begin with. This isn't the place to discuss that though.

But I do think that this could happen in E10 if at all. I was convinced that Olly would have something to do with it, but that depends on how he takes Sam's chat.

I also am not convinced Throne will. I do have a feeling that the two men who attempted to rape Gilly will be involved.

That maybe Stannis dies in battle/from injury.. And then it shows the FTW scene

and then Melisandre burns Shireen and is asking R'hllor to bring back Azor Ahai and then...

....camera focuses on Stannis's face, viewers expect him opening his eyes but nothing happens. Credits.

Yes, that's my guess too!

They can't hide the fact that Kit will shoot his scenes for season 6 (they couldn't hide Tyrion in Mereen, we have pictures of it, and they couldn't hide Cersei's walk in Dubrovnik either), so there's no reason to end the season on a fake cliffhanger that will be resolved with spoilers from the medias...

:agree:

They will have to hold back allot of material in the trailers.

Personally, I would have had FTW in episode 9 (keeping the tradition of Starks being doomed in that episode slot) and then had the rebirth of Azor Ahai at the end of episode 10- being a magical event like Dany hatching the dragons.

However, I don't think they will do that. TV viewers will be left with the same cliff hanger as the books readers. We all know nothing! :lol:

If Jon is resurrected, it'll be with fire not ice. The theory of Jon as a white-walker is a confused piece of fan-fiction.

Not really, there is foreshadowing of him as Azor Ahai but also references to him being connected to Ice.

Jon's dream-

"Jon was armored in black ice, but his blade burned red in his fist. As the dead men reached the top of the Wall he sent them down to die again."

Dany's dream-

"But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent ,"

Jon wielding a burning blade is strongly suggestive of him being Azor Ahai, however notice how he is 'armoured in ice' like the White Walkers/army of the dead in Dany's dream. I don't think that is a coincidence.

I know DnD as well as Michelle Fairley said LS won't appear - but the fact that Mother's Mercy is her less discussed alias leads me to believe she will be one of the closing scenes.

Scenes:

a. ?

b. ?

c. ?

d. ?

e. ?

f. FTW

g. Lady Stoneheart

h. Resurrection

--Credits--

Her alias is "Mother Mercy". Actually it varies in the text and the appendix, one says "Mother Mercy" and the other "Mother Merciless". But "the Mother's Mercy" is a phrase we've already heard used this season by the Faith.

It's such a small mention in the books that I don't think D&D even considered the possibility that someone would think the title referred to Lady Stoneheart. I doubt they remember that's one of her aliases. Remember, fans tend to know much more trivia than showrunners and authors. I even remember seeing Martin comment once that he was going to have to consult fans for a fact check about something.

Thus, I think Jon's stabbing is necessary for him to be released of his vows, but not in the way most people think (that his death will release him from his vows). I think his stabbing will cause the destruction of the NW, which is rather ironic since this is what lead to the stabbing in the first place. I think Wun Wun and the Wildlings are gonna rage when Jon gets stabbed and a lot of NW men will be killed in the aftermath. There won't be a NW left to man the wall so Jon will finally have the means to unite the North, which could be the only way to stop the Others.

This is what will happen. We might necessarily not see all of it in Episode 10 bit it HAS to happen.

Let's see what we got:

- Less (fewer? :D) than 50 men at Castle Black, Sam (very likely) already on the way south.

- about 5000 wildlings, men, women and children

- Jon will be respected by all of those wildlings. If it wouldn't be for him ALL of them would have died. no way any wildling will still be grumpy about Jon and Edd (not sure what they think of the rest of the Night's Watch). Thormund will be his best bro after this.

- Edd will be on Jon Snow's side: he saw the Night King, he knows what happens. Any involvement in the stabbing would be out of character

- Grumpy Thorne + Marsh and friends

- Cryface Olly (am I the only one who has to think about CARL from Walking Dead when thinking about Olly?)

- dem WUN WUN (I love that dude)

Let's assume NOTHING like sudden attack on CB by WW or another army of Stannis or Melisandre Lord of Light magic or some other Deus Ex Machina we don't know yet of happens:

Jon gets stabbed by his own brothers. No matter if Thormund, Wun Wun or other wildligs will be present to witness the assasination: As their new savior has been killed be the former enemy crow's they will outrage and KILL everyone of the Night's Watch. No way 50 crow's can hold against 5000 wildlings + a giant. NO F*ING WAY the NW can hold this unless they let all of those wildlings stay outside of the wall (unlikely and we will probably see an outcome on this issue by ep 9). There is NO other crow who would be respected by the wildings except for Jon.

When Jon dies, Castle Black will fall. This will be the red wedding of the Night's Watch. Only survivor is Sam, maybe some prisoners and maybe Edd who will be saved by Tormund from other wildlings' rage as he has been proven as one of the good crows.

Everything has to happen like this (or even close). Not sure if we see all of this in Ep 10 or in Ep 1 of Season 6.

This is what will happen. We might necessarily not see all of it in Episode 10 bit it HAS to happen.

Let's see what we got:

- Less (fewer? :D) than 50 men at Castle Black, Sam (very likely) already on the way south.

- Jon will be respected by all of those wildlings. If it wouldn't be for him ALL of them would have died. no way any wildling will still be grumpy about Jon and Edd (not sure what they think of the rest of the Night's Watch). Thormund will be his best bro after this.

- Edd will be on Jon Snow's side: he saw the Night King, he knows what happens. Any involvement in the stabbing would be out of character

- Cryface Olly (am I the only one who has to think about CARL from Walking Dead when thinking about Olly?)

Let's assume NOTHING like sudden attack on CB by WW or another army of Stannis or Melisandre Lord of Light magic or some other Deus Ex Machina we don't know yet of happens:

Jon gets stabbed by his own brothers. No matter if Thormund, Wun Wun or other wildligs will be present to witness the assasination: As their new savior has been killed be the former enemy crow's they will outrage and KILL everyone of the Night's Watch. No way 50 crow's can hold against 5000 wildlings + a giant. NO F*ING WAY the NW can hold this unless they let all of those wildlings stay outside of the wall (unlikely and we will probably see an outcome on this issue by ep 9). There is NO other crow who would be respected by the wildings except for Jon.

When Jon dies, Castle Black will fall. This will be the red wedding of the Night's Watch. Only survivor is Sam, maybe some prisoners and maybe Edd who will be saved by Tormund from other wildlings' rage as he has been proven as one of the good crows.

Everything has to happen like this (or even close). Not sure if we see all of this in Ep 10 or in Ep 1 of Season 6.

Night's Watch will be literally fu*ked up in that very moment.Don't forget about loyal NW brothers to Jon's cause.More of them will be against him,but still some part will be with him.

Widlings will be key for Jon in the future, not NW.Just like Dothraki will be for Dany.

Out of interest, with all this talk of 'filming spoilers' if the indicator is whether Kit is filming... Where are they filming north of the wall now?

Interested, as going to live in Iceland in September, where they used to film it.

I think people are far more invested in Jon thant they ever were with Rob (who is very much a secondary character in the books), Ned was a huge shock but with hindsight it had meaning. Killing Jon would not be popular simply because he is one of the most loved and invested characters in the series (along with Tyrion and Dany). If he goes who would people root for, I doubt they would switch allegiances.

I just can't bring myself to accept he would die but I am a little worried the show is going to confirm either way in under two weeks time. What I would say is I think the warging into Ghost is very unlikely as surely the show would have built this up more (it's evidence since Clash of Kings in the books).

Why build it up when you can add to the surprise and drama? And it's not like it would come out of nowhere...Bran was able to do the same thing with his direwolf when he was critically injured, so it makes perfect sense.

Let's see what we got:

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Archived