(book spoilers!) FTW

jontargaryen_

No matter how FTW is handled, I think it has to be at the end of an episode just like the Red Wedding, people will be too shocked to concentrate on anything else. The episode can't go, "OMG Jon Snow has been stabbed!!! Meanwhile in King's Landing...". Since it seems Episode 9 is going to be a Dany heavy episode, the most logical (and most effective) time to have it will be at the end of Episode 10. Personally I think there will be hints as to how Jon could have survived and it will be left as a cliff hanger, although a part of me hopes that we get a Winds of Winter spoiler as to how he gets out of it

Somebody please tell me what the fuck FTW stands for. Obviously it has something to do with Jon's apparent death.

The words uttered when Jon is betrayed, "For the Watch" and apparently, the reason for betraying him. However, it can also be seen as, "Fuck the Watch" because that is what happened. The action itself was so stupid.

No matter how FTW is handled, I think it has to be at the end of an episode just like the Red Wedding, people will be too shocked to concentrate on anything else. The episode can't go, "OMG Jon Snow has been stabbed!!! Meanwhile in King's Landing..."

This is a great practical reason for FTW being the final scene. For me, I'm simply tired of Dany ending scenes. She got S1 and S3, let's pass the peace pipe. Also, I think Winter will be officially announced in this episode, so doesn't it make sense narratively to end in the North? Considering the Hell of Hardhome, Sansa in Winterfell, Stannis in the Deep Snow.

I want the cliffhanger, they can have Jon's eyes go white a la Bran if they're afraid of, look, there's Kit on set! I think the Unsullied will understand.

I actually think FTW could work really well at an early stage in the episode, then switch to tying up the other storylines and then back to Mel arriving at the wall to administer the kiss of fire and resurrect the guy she's finally realised is AAR.

It would certainly keep people anxiously watching all episode, and as long as they keep everything else quite dramatic I'm sure it will work. Cersei's walk could be intense enough, Dany's situation should be fairly adrenaline inducing at that stage. The only storyline that wouldn't be able to maintain the tense tone required would be Dorne - unless there is a sudden and dramatic reveal, perhaps involving the return of a certain missing Eunuch...

Has Olly sworn his oath yet? If he hasn't, FTW losed its meaning.

It has to have already happened off-screen, since he's serving as a stewart to Jon. A position where you couldn't be if you weren't a member of the NW. Olly is not a main character so we don't have to see every aspect of his development.

Without Jon going to Hardhome he would have had a very bland role this season, right now after last week he's the most popular character on social media/forums etc, with Stannis tied up with the Boltons and Dany & Tyrion across the world. Jon is the only hope to prevent the WW invasion. The audience are all heavily invested in him.

FTW is going to hit the audience like a brick. I really really really really hope they pull off the build up and reasons behind it. Tywin's death made very little sense since they dumbed down the scene massively. They've always tried to force their own fanfic into these scenes and it just leaves you with the thought "could have been much better if they just stuck to the books".

The whole reason for FTW this season is just so underwhelming. :-/

Jon met the WW at Hardhome, so basically he is right with saying that they all must work together. Olly's "They killed muh parents!" seems kinda weak, especially when we didn't really see any wildlings at Castle Black, who could have caused some prior disturbance.

The whole reason for FTW this season is just so underwhelming. :-/

Jon met the WW at Hardhome, so basically he is right with saying that they all must work together. Olly's "They killed muh parents!" seems kinda weak, especially when we didn't really see any wildlings at Castle Black, who could have caused some prior disturbance.

And the Night's Watch itself meet the the WW at the Fist of The First Men. Yet a bunch of experience adults who totally believe in WW still are against Snow. Olly's stupid hatred actually makes more sense.

Archived