(SPOILERS: SHOW/BOOK) Predictions for Stannis...

branchead33

I think this is the route they'll take. Selyse

predictably kills herself, no surprise there

and he ends up alone and mad. It's be a pity if he dies now. Dillane's acting is superb. I can't read the book without seeing and listening to him now. In fact, I may have a crush on him, haha

"predictably".

I honestly think that due to the burning of Shireen (the one thing he loved the most), Stannis will be in it till the end (well, until he faces the white walkers). I think it's set up that he will play some part in the Azor Azhai storyline, be it him actually being Azor Ahai or being a certain aspect of a collective one. Either way I think he is destined to face the Others, be it that he sacrifices himself (act of redemption for all he's done) or for him to get KO'd by the NK and reveal that he is a false Azor Azhai and ultimately everything he has done has been for nothing. Be a bit of a tragic end to the mannis.

Stannis marries Sansa. Every time the fandom vigorously hates a character, David and Dan put Sansa under their power.

Joffrey, Littlefinger, Ramsay, it will only be complete if she marries Stannis too. I bet in the end she will marry the Night's King, making a full circle for the story of the Night's King - When he was a man, he desired a non-human woman, and when he becae non-human, he marries the human girl.

That was jk, but, Sophie Turner said at the start of the season that if she wanted one character killed, it would be Dany(wishing as Sansa, not as Sophie) because Dany is a threat. She said this because Dany has dragons, but if she is Stannis's queen by the end of season, Dany is a threat to Sansa's ascend to power in so many ways.

showGendry is a total hippy/ roadmovie/ classic fantasy hero that doesn't know who he is, goes onto a life changing trip, befriends a girl, tags along a band of bandits, gets captured, escapes the dark lord, gets captured by a brotherhood, befriends them, then gets betrayed again, finds himself in the clutches of a witch that lured him with sweets and treats who now wants to cook him, then a salty seaman frees him and sends him away on a boat.

Holy shit, it's like they duct taped together all european fairytales oO

The way you put it, it looks like he will be king in the end! Its like a double bluff by the author - breaking the trope by not having a conventional hero, then when you think your non-conventional hero is going to win, bring a conventional hero out of the blue but hidden in plain sight to win. Hope that does not happen, though.

I think the Boltons will bend the knee to Stannis solidifying their power and his. He will continue to push south, forgetting about the true threat out of the North (like everyone else who craves the throne). I wouldn't be surprised if he did marry Sansa or gave her to Mel to sacrifice. Stannis is looking more and more like Anakin Skywalker every day, with Mel as his emperor (except of course that Stannis actually killed his child).

The way you put it, it looks like he will be king in the end! Its like a double bluff by the author - breaking the trope by not having a conventional hero, then when you think your non-conventional hero is going to win, bring a conventional hero out of the blue but hidden in plain sight to win. Hope that does not happen, though.

oh boy oh boy. Aegon confirmed as trueborn child :lol:

I also dislike that. Aegon was hard. You read about him and he is so easy to root for, but then you realize he makes Dany and Jon and all the others completely unimportant. He has a better claim than all the others combined. As a reader you go Bowen Marsh on him. Tears in eyes you rip out the pages he is written on. "For the fan favourites"

Stannis marries Sansa. Every time the fandom vigorously hates a character, David and Dan put Sansa under their power.

Joffrey, Littlefinger, Ramsay, it will only be complete if she marries Stannis too. I bet in the end she will marry the Night's King, making a full circle for the story of the Night's King - When he was a man, he desired a non-human woman, and when he becae non-human, he marries the human girl.

That was jk, but, Sophie Turner said at the start of the season that if she wanted one character killed, it would be Dany(wishing as Sansa, not as Sophie) because Dany is a threat. She said this because Dany has dragons, but if she is Stannis's queen by the end of season, Dany is a threat to Sansa's ascend to power in so many ways.

OOO Sansa as the Night's Queen! I like! That would be taking Dark Sansa to a whole new level!

So cool to read all of you guys. But i have to disagree about Stannis, he is not in Azor Ahai plot, this is the kind of character that GRRM use to make us root for and destroy him completely at an unexpected moment, this guy will never see the Throne. Boltons will not bend the knee, or maybe we will not see the end of the battle, because in this episode we'll have 4 to 6 death including FTW!!, it has to be shocking, disturbing, frustratiing, i am personnaly going to attach myslef with chains on my couch, and i'll have a machine that detects screams and tears, if i do one of them the machine will release a powerful Narcoleptic from Dorne.

So cool to read all of you guys. But i have to disagree about Stannis, he is not in Azor Ahai plot, this is the kind of character that GRRM use to make us root for and destroy him completely at an unexpected moment, this guy will never see the Throne. Boltons will not bend the knee, or maybe we will not see the end of the battle, because in this episode we'll have 4 to 6 death including FTW!!, it has to be shocking, disturbing, frustratiing, i am personnaly going to attach myslef with chains on my couch, and i'll have a machine that detects screams and tears, if i do one of them the machine will release a powerful Narcoleptic from Dorne.

i concur i always felt stannis is supposed to mirror cersei in that both their destinies is supposed to self destruct. cersei did everything for all the wrong reasons, she wanted to protect her children but she wanted and craved power above all else alienating her family taking too much stock in a prophecy that she was self fulfilling, which drives her out of mind and kills her.

Stannis thought he will do all the wrong things ultimately for what is right. but he too was self fulfilling his own destruction because he wasn't the saviour of the world.

two self obsessed characters, what drives them eventually is obsession a maddening obsession to have what they set out for which kill them.

I am holding out a miniscule amount of hope that the show might do a redemption arc with stannis next season. Perhaps he will kill melisandre and legitamize gendry. Which I always felt was where the books were heading, where baratheons ironically endure because of robert's bastards.

Gendry/edric baratheon first bastard king of westeros.

may haps we will have multiple baratheon stark marriages?

gendry/edric-----> Sansa

Mya stone -------> Rickon

they kill stannis they lose their best actor by far, then might asweel kill the pod and brienne's plot and the characters who don't have a purpose anymore...

dorne was a fiasco, then few characters remain, most of them uninteresting and next season drops even more.... they really are shooting themselves on the foot too damn soon

No. That argument doesn't work. They've killed off plenty of good actors and characters and you could apply argument. In fact, I've already seen that happen. I know people who use that argument for why Ned shouldn't have died. Same with Renly and Robb, They died too soon and too quickly.

And trust me. I love the actor and character as well. But it would be selfish and hypocritical of me to scoff at angry Ned/Renly/Cat/Robb/whoever fans while I myself later on do the same.

I think this is the route they'll take. Selyse

predictably kills herself, no surprise there

and he ends up alone and mad. It's be a pity if he dies now. Dillane's acting is superb. I can't read the book without seeing and listening to him now. In fact, I may have a crush on him, haha

It may be predictable. But it's a good kind of predictable. I would like to see this plot line and the effects of Shireen's death drawn out a bit. Make him like King Lear or Macbeth or whatever.

Well according to the leaker, stannis chops ramsey's head and then brienne stabs Stannis from the back, Mel goes wtf have you done. I can live with this as long as Stan honours Ramsey's neck with Lightbringer.

I have seen leaked pics of people dying. Stannis isn't in any of them.

Archived