(SPOILERS: SHOW/BOOK) Predictions for Stannis...

branchead33

Do you think that he is going to bite it in the upcoming battle or do you think he will live to see another season?

I think that he might live, well I hope anyway. I just feel that he has sacraficed, literally, way too much and it would be a horrible loss to the show if he were to die. the bravos Loan and the prophecies...

If the boltons have to survive then have them retreat south if Stannis wins.

What do you guys think?

I think he will make it to season 6. The way Stannis has been built up in the series and the way he is finally now becoming a bigger part of the story, I think it would be incredibly lame and anticlimactic for Stannis to die. He just sacrificed his daughter, the only thing that he loved and loved him back.and in its own cruel irony, I think this will be the rise of Stannis "the Mannis", as he is now 100% committed to R'hllor and gives absolutely no fuck now. I always thought Stannis would win the Iron Throne and the Lord of Light is real and truely good as the twist in the end so hopefully now he just starts dominating.. I dont think Davos will stay loyal to him, and viewers will ever like Stannis except those understand the tragic awesomeness of his character. if Stannis dies it will be the most gruesome death..like being flayed living. And if he dies and Shireens death was for nothing, that would just be stupid. I would definitely stop watching the show because I will be damned if it is a Lannister or Targaryen on the throne in the end.

He'll take Winterfell and execute the Boltons, but Brienne will kill him afterward, as he's getting ready to burn Sansa (who, after all, also has king's blood, and only king's blood can... yanno.... restore the Wifi or whatever). She'll thereby honor two oaths with one stroke -- to avenge Renly and to protect Sansa -- and with her sword Oathkeeper, no less.

In the ensuing chaos, Selyse (driven mad with grief) will kill Melisandre, then herself, ending the Baratheon line. Davos will return from Castle Black in time to calm the men and win pardon for Brienne (who spared him the ugly choice of abandoning his rightful king or continuing to serve a monster). With the Boltons dead, Sansa -- now the restored Stark of Winterfell -- will accept his oath of fealty, and the fealty of all the Baratheon men there assembled, who after all have nowhere else to go and no logical reason to follow anyone else. Afterward, Davos will be sent by his new queen to rescue Rickon. The North will rally to Sansa, and she will have an army at her disposal.

Stannis' body will be burned (fittingly enough). Melisandre's will be dumped in the latrine pit, denied the fiery funeral she would've wanted. Some time later, her corpse will stir, and her eyes will flutter open -- bright blue as the eyes of death. She'll rise, naked, her skin gone deathly alabaster white, and vanish from sight.... her evil magics now at the service of a new king: the Night's King.

Stannis has to win D&D spoiled it themselves when they revealed this will happen in the books there is one way Stannis can burn Shireen before the Bolten battle so he has to survive after that to do it.

They've spoiled that he survives in the books, but they may still kill him off early in the show now that the Shireen burning is out of the way. They have made it clear in the past that they don't particularly like Stannis as a character.

He'll take Winterfell and execute the Boltons, but Brienne will kill him afterward, as he's getting ready to burn Sansa (who, after all, also has king's blood, and only king's blood can... yanno.... restore the Wifi or whatever).

:bowdown:

With the sheer volume of crap that is bound to be going on in Winds & Dream (lets just assume each of those is 1200+ pages...sure there's probably a lot of crap like Garlan Tyrells romance with some random girl we'll give zero about....but there has to be a good string of "events" that Ding and Dong are privy to), plus the introduction of some Ironborn story next season, I can't imagine theres much time to spend on Stannis vs Boltons. I'd hope they wrap it up an move on.

There's no reason for a siege, since there's only 8 people in Winterfell...there's no drama there, someone kill someone and lets get on with it.

Stannis The Mannis will defeat the Boltons at Winterfell, thwart Brienne's attempt to kill him and burns her, defeat Littlefinger's Vale army coming to Winterfell aftermath of the battle with the Boltons and then defeat the whitewalkers with the North support.

After killing the Night's King, Stannis The Mannis will burn Jon Snow for his Targaryen blood when he finds out about it and then he will send more shadow to assassinate Dany Targaryen coming to Westeros.

Dany Targaryen' army will scatter thus resulting in Stannis The Mannis winning the Iron Throne.

It is known.

Stannis The Mannis will defeat the Boltons at Winterfell, thwart Brienne's attempt to kill him and burns her, defeat Littlefinger's Vale army coming to Winterfell aftermath of the battle with the boltons and then defeat the whitewalkers with the North support.

After killing the Night's King, Stannis The Mannis will burn Jon Snow for his Targaryen blood when he finds out about it and then he will send more shadow to assassinate dany Targaryen coming to Westeros.

Dany targaryen' army will scatter thus resulting in Stannis The Mannis winning the Iron Throne.

It is known.

Lolz. Happy with Stannis killing everyone apart from Not Dead Jon and Brienne.

If the Boltons don't die at Stannis' hand, and they kill him, I'll murder D+D myself. With dragon glass, obviously.

not sure if serious? whoever gets sansa has the ability to win the north, it was already hinted at that stannis knows he needs a starks help to win the north, jon snow declined, so sansa is an even better alternative. Im just wondering if it will be the real sansa, or a fake one (ramsays psychopath girlfriend).

i dont think it will be that easy for sansa, but i think theres no way it could get much worse for her. So i think she will get a break at some point, most likely as a result of stannis attacking winterfell.

how brienne fits into this, im not sure, im more interested in whats going to happen with that valyrian steel sword she has.

Yeah, it would be ridiculous for him to burn Sansa. But it was ridiculous for him to burn his daughter, too, and he did it anyway. The ending for him I outlined would give the Baratheon arc a clear narrative trajectory: they are the Macbeths of Westeros. And Macbeth has to die in the end.

Things seem to change as all the theories on the table are reweighed with cowardly slip of tongue from D+D that they did not come up with idea of burning the girl

As a result, I believe that those that thought that Mel burns Shireen in book because either Stannis is dead or thought to be dead have gained credibility.

As for Stannis don't we think it more likely that his demise will be his own doing. He falls into dispear as a result of facing what he has done in light of the realization that Mel is a fraud at least with respect to his destiny. Some say that he will try to kill Mel and she will have to kill him.... or that he banish her. Stannis left to his own having lost Davos, Mel, Queen and her men just flickers out.

I dont think Brienne will do him in either. At least in the books she never gets her quarry. She is always day late dollar short

I'm so mad at him for burning his kid, I can't even picture a future at all for him.

He's doomed.

"It was a disaster for the Targaryens, they never truly recovered." Shireen saying that to Stannis right before the burning, to me, says it all.

But it won't be in this season.

You know I think that the showrunners hate Stannis so much they wanted to make people upset about winning the Boltons. I think that's why they moved <FUTURE SHIREEN SCENE> forward. In the books if that should happen it would be at a much later stage. They can't afford to make Stannis too badass...

I'm just kidding of course, by the show has gotten to the point that you can kid, make jokey metas and the show is low enough to work for those reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis dies.

It's a lot easier to have the Boltons killed off then, and move Stannis south to deal with whatever.

The Boltons win...they don't care about going south. There's no Northern lords...what's the point of the north (on the show) past this conflict? As lazy and redundant as having Sansa tortured some more, I just don't think Ding and Dong have the attention span for that. Then you'd have the Boltons, Sansa, Littlefinger/Vale, Davos etc etc

Stannis wins...he keeps moving south to whatever end...Sansa can do whatever with Littlefinger and the Vale. It fits a little better with them trying to shrink things. But who knows.

I see Stannis winning the Battle of Ice/Battle of WF and make it till s7 at least, remember the "A blue-eyed king who casts no shadow raises a red sword in his hand" I have the feeling that this is Stannis and he still needs to have an encounter with Dany. D&D wouldnt make a child burn to death by her father only for him to die in the next episode, find that pointless. The Boltons will be finished, and in s6 will have Euron and Stannis(as now most of all the viewers hate Stannis making him into a villain) as the 'villains'.

Plus especially because of FTW happening people are going to riot and viewers plummet if the 'good guys' dont get something go their way, so see the Boltons losing (obviously people wont see Stannis as a good guy anymore), Sansa and Theon escaping, Arya killing Trant, a few other things going other characters way

Archived