(SPOILERS: SHOW/BOOK) Predictions for Stannis...

branchead33

If Jon dies, it's fine. But if Stannis dies, it's all a waste of time? I don't get that.

Stannis has now sacrificed everything. If he's not going to sit the throne. If he's not destined to fight the WW and it's someone else. There's not much more to his story. I guess they could drag out his story so that he slowly loses his mind as the realisation he killed the thing he loved consumes him. I wouldn't mind that.

I will post some of the thoughts that I wrote elsewhere.

I think Stannis will die in the finale. It feels like his arc is at an end. He gave up the one thing he seemed to care for, and now there is nothing left. I have seen people give mainly two reasons why that don't want him to die yet.

First, they want to see Stannis's personal turmoil over burning Shireen. The problem I see here is that Stannis is not an emotional guy. He will look haggard, sure, and maybe make a comment here and there, but he is not going to cry to himself when he is alone. Stannis is not that kind of person.

Second, they want to see how low Stannis is willing to go to win, how much more he is willing to give up. I don't think he can go any lower. He burned his own daughter. Any lower and he enters Bolton territory. I think Stannis is at rock bottom.

Simply put I think Stannis will lose at Winterfell realizing that Shireen's sacrifice meant nothing. Shireen went into the flames with her stag. The Baratheons will be done. The audience will realize that Mel was wrong, as will Mel herself.

I believe Brienne will have a choice of either helping Sansa or killing Stannis, and she will choose Sansa.

According to Liam in one of his interviews, Davos finds out in the finale what happened to Shireen. If Jon receives the show's version of the Pink Letter, that could be where Davo's hears the news. I don't see Ramsay sending the letter without Sansa escaping, and the siege is the perfect opportunity for that. Ramsay couldn't send the letter if Stannis wins and the Boltons are killed or routed. Thus I think Stannis bites it.

they kill stannis they lose their best actor by far, then might asweel kill the pod and brienne's plot and the characters who don't have a purpose anymore...

dorne was a fiasco, then few characters remain, most of them uninteresting and next season drops even more.... they really are shooting themselves on the foot too damn soon

I do the Boltens will rape her, god knows what else LF would use for for, Stannis would leave her alone because he knows as long as she is safe the North will follow him

Only until Mel tells him to burn her.

now seriously, even if they bring the Greyjoy plot (which is cool) killing Stannis will cut a lot of roads, the issue is, those roads are the most interesting to see...

are we going to be left with dany flying around, tyrion daario and jorah weeping for her, bald cersei and one-handed jaime returned from the dorne plot who no one cared about, high sparrow, brienne and pod who have nothing to do... only the starks would remain interesting and a possible dany arrival but that would not be enough to be as good a show as it was until hardhome... i for one would pass season 6 entirely and see it only when it's done out of curiosity...

"Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by strangers. Cersei (Lena Headey) seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged."

Stannis' plot was highly developed in episode 9. I think we can't expect more this season. Stannis is marching, beginning the siege and that is it. There is no more screen time for him in 10.

Archived