fate of theon [spoiler]

Zazawaza

Reread the Theon TWOW preview chapter and

Theon repeats he flew rather than fell and that there was a lot of snow under them because the wind just happened to blow a drift against that particular part of the castle. So, yeah, I think them getting some kind of supernatural help is quite high. Most likely the old gods can control the wind.

Also apparently Theon carried Jeyne most of the way. This is Theon too weak to stab a fat child Greyjoy. All very strange.

in a book it had sense, but now I wonder, why thet didn't made up something as a secret passage that only sansa could knew - she grew up there - children always know such a things :)

Because D & D wanted to do it that way. Sense doesn't matter. I mean after all it's Fantasy. /irony

So people think Stannis is dead? It looked like they left that wide open. Brienne was mid-swing, but then it cut away and (I think) we heard her grunt as the scene was shifting. It was done this way on purpose, the same way GRRM creates cliffhangers at the ends of certain chapters. My guess is that Brienne is dead, or neither is dead.

I think it's mainly to let GRRM put out the next book before having to spoil everything next season.

I'm sure that next season Theon will flee with Sansa and bring her to the Iron Islands.

You know, because it's one of the few places left with people to abuse her. I imagine her taking the place of Victarion's wife, because it's such an interesting story and D&D want to give Sansa something to do. That way he can be raped by both Victarion an Euro, and we can add some beating afterwards.

Because, you know: the viewers still don't get the point that she's a victim who can only get empowered through rape.

Dude they should hire you I'm welling up just thinking about this powerful new arc

It's not the fall that kills you... It's the impact, if you can slow that impact from a sudden stop to a gradual one, say with a large snow bank, there is no reason you couldn't survive that fall, hell with enough snow I'd be surprised if they died.

There is a video of a guy on youtube jumping from a AIRPLANE and landing in a giant stack of cardboard boxes and being totally fine. If Reek and Sansa had 20 feet of snow or so, they are totally fine.

I think it's mainly to let GRRM put out the next book before having to spoil everything next season.

I messed up, stannis could be alive, but it's less meaningful in the show seeing as he no longer has an army, and while we're talking about it there's not much of a point for brienne not to kill him outside of "something very sudden we didn't show you happened, surprise!"

My thoughts on Sansa and Theon is that they probably survive the fall, meet up with Brienne and Poderick (and maybe Stannis) and go to the Wall. This way, Sansa will have disappeared from Littlefinger's paws and can start looking for her little brothers, and maybe meet up with Sam (who might know that Bran went in the far North and Rickon towards Skagos).

Regarding Stannis, I have two possible theories. One of them is that his defeated demeanour might have put off Brienne from killing him, and after his confession of why he killed off his little brother Renly and what Melisandre made him do to his daughter, she might consider letting him live until they avenge Renly and Shireen by killing off Melisandre. To do this, Brienne might need Stannis to lead her to the Wall (thinking again, she does not need him to lead the way, maybe then because she feels he might suffer more if he lives? but she doesn't seem the type to torture people.... so I am a bit lost about why Brienne might leave Stannis alive apart maybe from the fact that he did not put up a fight and she would be killing a dead man already).

My other theory is that Stannis might really be Azor Ahai: he killed what he loved most, his daughter Shireen, after all. Now Brienne kills Stannis after all to avenge Renly with her sword, which was given to her by Jamie. Let us not forget that this sword was originally part of Ice, the Valeryian steel sword of the Warden of the North, Eddard Stark, which was melted down and reforged in two parts. Brienne was tasked with using it to defend and protect the two Stark daughters. So this sword would have been used to kill the guy who killed his beloved daughter for the Lord of Light. Brienne takes this sword to the Wall and maybe fights with the Wildlings and the Night's Watch with the sword of Azor Ahai...

What do you think?

Unless Bran said something off camera Samwell only knows where Bran was heading.

But one of Theon's men Wex followed Osha and Rickon in the books where he showed Manderly and Umber where they were going ( Skagos), so my thinking is that Theon refused to tell Sansa while they were captives, he may then tell her that Wex told him that Osha and Rickon were going to the Umbers, since I don't think we are seeing unicorns.

As a kid my friends and I went to sand pits, where they had sand 50 - 100 feet high, we use to jump from the top of those mounds and land in sand down below 5-6 feet deep and we came out fine; so if there is 10 feet or a bit less of snow I think they can survive.

in a book it had sense, but now I wonder, why thet didn't made up something as a secret passage that only sansa could knew - she grew up there - children always know such a things :)

If they did that people would complain, saying it ruins an important moment. Then they'll say it doesn't make sense and such.

Honestly, just chalk this up to artistic license.

Archived