[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XIX - The season with no reason

Mladen

Where does Sansa go from here? She's with Petyr in the books. Now in the show she's pretty much "free"

I think she'll choose to go back to Littlefinger. I think she'll have that choice in the next book too and choose to go back to him.

I think this goes to her age more than anything. If she was an older actor entering this series she may question more of these 'creative' decisions that are happening to her character.

I think you are right, she always wanted to be and actess so she wants to parlay this into other gigs I guess. I do wonder to what degree or any, being on Game of Thrones is affecting Sophie and Maise in regards to their personal life and views on "controversial things" like the show airs?

She should not go back to little finger. didn't someone say that theon and sansa are going to get married in the books?

No, She is potentially betrothed to a distant cousin of Robin Arryn, Lord of the Vale, who, Harrold Hardying (intended betrothed) is also, SweetRobin's heir. Theon is with Jeyne Poole in Stanni's camp as the Battle of Winterfell is about to take place. Sansa took Jeyne Poole's role this year.

FYI - Theon does not have a shlong/penis in the show or books anymore, Guess who? Ramsay took it

They threw her in with the Boltons so people would give a shit about her. Who wants to watch her twiddling her thumbs with some dork in the Vale while everyone else in the story is actually getting into exciting stuff. Also the confrontation between her and Theon was interesting. The stuff at Winterfell was handled very well, I thought. Sansa's best year since season 2.

If she gets captured again I'm going to scream and probably give up on the show

I know, like I posted earlier, if she brakes her legs but lives, she will be bed ridden, just what Ramsay wants. Seriously, I think she will get away but will be hunted furiously, Good for an apisode or two. Littlefinger will come North, be oblivious to what happened to Sansa in detail (Ramsay will not admit to the rapes). Eventually, it will up to Littlefinger and Vale troops to take out the Boltons or Rickon, if we are luck, might be a rally point for the Northerns that did not seem to be around (except for Lord Cerwyn, Lady Cerwyn and heir Cerwyn, who were flayed around Winterfell) to rally around them to take down the Boltons. My guess, she marries Littlefinger and or manipulates him with sex as the show did get her to lose her virginity. Who knows?

She's going to willfully go back to the guy who pawned her off to the Boltons?!

Well show!Sansa went along with the whole plot to leave herself at the mercy of the flaying fruitcakes who murdered her family anyway, so....yeah?

In the books I think she will have her eyes fully opened to just how far Littlefinger is prepared to go and when given the chance of freedom, she will choose to stay with him instead. Her making that choice will gain his trust and she will gain the knowledge and tools to tear him apart.

Well show!Sansa went along with the whole plot to leave herself at the mercy of the flaying fruitcakes who murdered her family anyway, so....yeah?

In the books I think she will have her eyes fully opened to just how far Littlefinger is prepared to go and when given the chance of freedom, she will choose to stay with him instead. Her making that choice will gain his trust and she will gain the knowledge and tools to tear him apart.

There are wildcards though. The Mad Mouse, Lyn Cobray and SweetRobin who seems to be the only person who cares for her/loves her in a non devious way.

Guys.... this show has become lame.... This season finale was really weak. And as has been discussed in this thread, Sansa's storyline was really bad this whole season. Theon/Reek wasn't done particularly well. Dorne was bad. House Bolton is untouchable, Stannis' character was ruined in a span of two episodes. I've never felt less enthusiasm for the future of this story than I do now, as far as the show goes. I'm enthusiastic for TWOW

It feels like there are only two sets of "bad guys" right now; the Boltons and The Others. And no one seems to be able to do a thing against either of them. Actually I suppose Petyr deserves to be counted as a third villain. It feels like this story and the characters it features have grown so far removed from what they were when the story was most engaging in the first 3/4 seasons. IMO

There are wildcards though. The Mad Mouse, Lyn Cobray and SweetRobin who seems to be the only person who cares for her/loves her in a non devious way.

And the possible return of Rickon. I think one of these wildcards will be the reason she finds herself in a position to escape and another of them will be the reason she chooses not to.

I put this in the Rants section because I noticed it while I was writing up my rants.

Meryn Trant sexually abused Sansa. The girls he was beating did look a bit like her. His new inclinations retcon the whole "abuse Sansa because ordered" to "getting his rocks off while abusing Sansa."

I mean, I dunno. In some ways, it feels even worse than the rape. There was some sort of logical progression (I use logical extremely losely). But this just feels gratuitous. Unlike the rape scene, it doesn't even have shock value since people aren't going to realize it right away. It's purely to punish Sansa sexually.

REGARDING SANSA GOING FOREWARD AND IN PARTICULUR - HER RELATIONSHIP WITH LITTLEFINGER.

I capped it because it may take a while if I started a new thread. If Sansa has an Arc this year it is the severence of her trust in Littlefinger.

Littlefinger knew nothing about Ramsay "I know nothing of this Bolton Boy"= if true, convince Sansa of that now.

Littlefinger abandoned her in Winterfell to her fate = Yes, raven from Cersei, I get it but the look on Sansa's face in the crypts = she was shocked and dissapointed, scared and alone = "avenge them", "the Bolton boy likes you, make him yours". Yeah, right

"I will be back soon" = Not soon enough, apparently

"Stannis will win, don't worry" = Sansa just watched, to her horror, Stannis get slaughtered.

If there is anything that came of this this horror Story, Winterfell, it was Sansa, if she survives, should never, ever trust Littlefinger again and if the foreshadowing is true about her taking down Littlefinger is true, in Winterfell or not, she now has every reason to do so, atleast in the show universe and the funny thing is, she still does not know that Littlefinger betrayed her father, Ned in the Throne room and cost him his life.

It wasn't a pointless season for Sansa and Theon...

Sansa learned that all 3 of her brothers are alive.. and both Sansa and Theon escaped. Might be injured, but they escaped.

This is the first time in a long time, Sansa is actually free on her own and has to be on her own.

In the past, she got off easy, she did not have to marry Joffrey or have sex with him nor Tyrion. Ramsay took her by force (which she accepted because she had to.. this is the culture, and the time period) and she is not little sansa anymore. She knows what it's like now to be at rock bottom and she has to survive and depend on herself.

Theon found his humanity again and may remember who he is.. slowly.

Not a wasted season. You just see the glass as half empty.

Think outside the box...

Archived