What will be the outcome of the sacrifice from episode 9

Rickon will return

I really don't think it meant anything other than to melt the snow, but the eventual outcome was that Stannis lost the fight.

With TV you have to keep things flowing nicely and to leave something like the sacrifice hanging only for it to be forgotten is what they already did with the leeches and the lack of Balon's death. I seriously doubt they thought far enough ahead for it to mean anything more that what we saw in season 5. Almost every other season has pretty much forgotten anything that went before it, and this has only gotten worse as they've added in their own ideas and forgotten plots they set up several seasons ago.
Plus the audience won't remember most if the minor details of the past seasons so even if the sacrifice meant something a lot of non-readers wont remember the relevance.

I really don't think it meant anything other than to melt the snow, but the eventual outcome was that Stannis lost the fight.

With TV you have to keep things flowing nicely and to leave something like the sacrifice hanging only for it to be forgotten is what they already did with the leeches and the lack of Balon's death. I seriously doubt they thought far enough ahead for it to mean anything more that what we saw in season 5. Almost every other season has pretty much forgotten anything that went before it, and this has only gotten worse as they've added in their own ideas and forgotten plots they set up several seasons ago.
Plus the audience won't remember most if the minor details of the past seasons so even if the sacrifice meant something a lot of non-readers wont remember the relevance.

This is just not true.

Khal Drogo appearing in House of the Undying, Neds Sword being reformed, Sir Ilyn in the Battle of Blackwater, Brienne at the Purple Wedding, Ilyrio, and the list goes on and on

This show demands more from its viewers than most in terms of remembering past details.

This is just not true.

Khal Drogo appearing in House of the Undying, Neds Sword being reformed, Sir Ilyn in the Battle of Blackwater, Brienne at the Purple Wedding, Ilyrio, and the list goes on and on

This show demands more from its viewers than most in terms of remembering past details.

True, but mostly it doesn't require that you remember what happened in order to understand what is happening. Those things are really just adding callbacks which help to enhance the experience.

And why wouldn't she just resurrect Stannis? What better way to prove the power of your God to someone with waning faith than bringing him back from the dead? I don't think Stannis would ever question her again after that one. But wait a moment, I get it, Stannis shoulder bumped her on his way out of the tent so she is "done" with Stannis. All Jerry Springer about it.

I guess this  plot hole about Stannis's sidekick being one of the few people who can resurrect people from the dead would have been another reason to NOT have Brienne kill Stannis. I mean, wait a moment, what if Brienne did chop off Stannis's head? Can you not bring someone back from the dead after their heads been chopped off? Face palm, it's Highlander 2. Didn't Mel ever have that conversation with Stannis at any point during the years the were living/traveling together? "Hey, btw, if you die, don't worry and be chill cuz I'll bring you right back." Then D&D can explain to me how Myranda fell from a lower height than Sansa/Theon and exploded like Gallagher smashing a watermelon but when Sansa/Theon jumped from even higher they somehow managed to survive? Oh, wait!  the 1 foot of snow on the ground, right? Oh, wait, I thought the snow melted? Face palm, it's Highlander 2. And of course, the writing, "you wanted a good girl but you need a bad pussy." Face palm, I give up, the entire episode was Highlander 2.

All of the above is fantastic

Archived