Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

It is hard to talk about The Hound without mentioning his connection to Sansa.

And why on earth should we. They made it really clear she's a big part of what is driving this character.

He was worried about her, in scene after scene, too many to name. In his rough way of speaking (which the director said was a cover up for his real feelings), he said she was [url=http://romancingthecage.tumblr.com/post/89453434156]his one happy memory[/url], that's a line they added. All these looks he gave her are scripted. And if that's not clear enough, they all said so. That's all setup.

There's also this play on words (they do this sort of thing all the time, they did it with Sam saying Jon "always comes back"):

"There's plenty worse than me. There are men who like to beat little girls. Men who like to rape them. Saved your sister from some of them."

"You're lying."

"Ask her, if you ever see her again. Ask her who came back for her, when the mob had her on her back. They would have taken her every which way and left her with her throat cut open."

That's the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope. As a romance author, I'm cursed. I can't help but look ahead. There's nothing I hate more than when an author sets up an impossible romance and then does a lame deux a machina like "Oh, you're a long-lost prince! Now we can marry!" Spaceballs can get away with it, though. :D

And back on topic, Gregor's actor is confirmed in Belfast and we now have more than one alleged Rory sighting, so..... hyped for potential Cleganebowl!

As for Sandor and Sansa meeting again, over time on these boards, many many possibilities have been discussed, and some of them  quite plausible.

edt: I expect Cleganebowl to happen in the show, but not the book.

This thread has gotten to the point of talking about a Sandor/Sanas relationship?

LOL

I've never seen a thread about the Hound that didn't have Sansa mentioned in it.  Usually quite a lot of mentions, and I've read and posted on many of them myself.  :)

Ditto to Annarkie!

It is hard to talk about The Hound without mentioning his connection to Sansa.

Edited for spelling.

Talk about the Hound with out Sansa?  Where's the fun in that?   :P

I freaking love Sandor Clegane. He stands there spitting about the hypocrisy of knights and then goes out into the bread riots to save Sansa. He admits that he was playing with the wooden knight before Gregor put his face into the fire. He must have had the same kind of stories in his head like Sansa did in the beginning of the series. This poor boy grows up to learn that the fairy tales aren't true in the cruelest way possible. All of Westeros had a hand into making The Hound into what he is, a man with scars inside and out.

In the show, where had Stranger been for the last half of season four? I don't really remember seeing Stranger after the inn fight in Two Swords. I can't remember if Stranger was in the "Meryn Fucking Trant" scene and I don't recall seeing him during The Hound vs. Brienne scene either.

Seriously. If he had been paired with Osha (closet SanOsha fan here, just kidding, but hey, couldn't you see it? she likes big men) there wouldn't be the objections from those who 1) hate Sansa but like the Hound or 2) want Sansa with someone else.

But the Hound is tough enough to take it.

In the show, where had Stranger been for the last half of season four? I don't really remember seeing Stranger after the inn fight in Two Swords. I can't remember if Stranger was in the "Meryn Fucking Trant" scene and I don't recall seeing him during The Hound vs. Brienne scene either.

Not making excuses for them, mind you, but they didn't allow the horses where they filmed in Iceland. But he was there in spirit!

The only thing is, I don't think he's ever been called by his name.

I freaking love Sandor Clegane. He stands there spitting about the hypocrisy of knights and then goes out into the bread riots to save Sansa. He admits that he was playing with the wooden knight before Gregor put his face into the fire. He must have had the same kind of stories in his head like Sansa did in the beginning of the series. This poor boy grows up to learn that the fairy tales aren't true in the cruelest way possible. All of Westeros had a hand into making The Hound into what he is, a man with scars inside and out.

They filmed the last of the Arya/Hound's journey in Iceland where there are very strict laws about horse importation, so they had to leave the horses in Ireland.  In Iceland, they have Icelandic Horse, which is small in stature.  Arya rode one to the Saltpans after the Hound died. 

Rory has ridden Icelandics before in the movie Beowulf & Grendel.   Even on a large one it was small for him.   So Stranger should be back next season, I hope.  

Don't we all love big men? 😉

That makes sense now about Stranger not being with them, I was re-watching season four and was like "WTF?!" That is weird that they never have called his horse Stranger, he has such personality in the books. Obviously not all things can be included from the books but it would have been easy enough to mention the horse's name. Could have even had good banter with Arya on it ("You named your horse Stranger? Of course you named your horse." "Lots of people name their horses." "Lots of c*nts.")

As for Sandor and Sansa meeting again, over time on these boards, many many possibilities have been discussed, and some of them  quite plausible.

edt: I expect Cleganebowl to happen in the show, but not the book.

I've never seen a thread about the Hound that didn't have Sansa mentioned in it.  Usually quite a lot of mentions, and I've read and posted on many of them myself.  :)

Me too on Cleganebowl more likely to happen in the show than in the books. And that would be a deviation that I wouldn't mind. :D

Oh and another awesome thing about Rory is that he read the books. And he said he read them "Outside, in the rain as they should be." How cool is that?

That is amazing that GRRM wrote "To My Hound" in his books, he is a favorite of many people then!

I love Rory in interviews. He seems like such a loveable guy. I like how the Access Hollywood reporter asks in the first five seconds "You have bruises? Can we see them?!" It was worth a shot.

That is amazing that GRRM wrote "To My Hound" in his books, he is a favorite of many people then!

I love Rory in interviews. He seems like such a loveable guy. I like how the Access Hollywood reporter asks in the first five seconds "You have bruises? Can we see them?!" It was worth a shot.

He was pretty good in Alexander even though he did not get a lot of screen time. I want him to get more films. He is a strong pressence physically and his voice is good too. Admire him I do.

They filmed the last of the Arya/Hound's journey in Iceland where there are very strict laws about horse importation, so they had to leave the horses in Ireland.  In Iceland, they have Icelandic Horse, which is small in stature.  Arya rode one to the Saltpans after the Hound died. 

Rory has ridden Icelandics before in the movie Beowulf & Grendel.   Even on a large one it was small for him.   So Stranger should be back next season, I hope.  

In the interest of Stranger horse research, this is another Outlander horse, is it the same kind Jamie was riding? This horse is really pretty, too.

http://875357559f655c0fd9842374.eventingnation.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_1975.jpeg

In the interest of Stranger horse research, this is another Outlander horse, is it the same kind Jamie was riding? This horse is really pretty, too.

http://875357559f655c0fd9842374.eventingnation.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_1975.jpeg

No, it's not.  Friesians are black only, large with upright neck carriage.   This horse is bay, reddish with black points and a black mane and tail.  Might be a crossbred of some type,  looks pretty stout.  The bridle is pretty fancy with that scroll work on it!

Here's a nice Friesian:  

http://www.friesianhorses.eu/site_images/612_blackEfriesianEhorses.jpg

No, it's not.  Friesians are black only, large with upright neck carriage.   This horse is bay, reddish with black points and a black mane and tail.  Might be a crossbred of some type,  looks pretty stout.  The bridle is pretty fancy with that scroll work on it!

Here's a nice Friesian:  

http://www.friesianhorses.eu/site_images/612_blackEfriesianEhorses.jpg

Thanks! He's got a twitter. :)

https://twitter.com/donasthehorse

The Hound is definitely my favorite character in the show and probably the books too. I think he is damn funny and yes he was an evil bastard, but he is the only character with enough ruthlessness and compassion to adequately protect Arya solo. Rory McCann is spot on in his performance and delivers his lines great. For my money he is the one actor in the show who damn near perfectly nails his character.

I am just curious as to whether most people like The Hound or hate him. Express your thoughts and what do you think his best line is?

My favorite scene of his is either the inn scene where he is talking to Polliver at the table (that whole conversation is hilarious) or where he is schooling Arya about swordsmanship. Meryn Trant, hilarious.

I love Sandor Clegane!  I think he is one of the most misunderstood characters.  I don't have a favorite line, but, I still am hoping for a Sansa and Sandor reunion and wedding! 

• 2 weeks later...

I love Sandor Clegane! I think he is one of the most misunderstood characters. I don't have a favorite line, but, I still am hoping for a Sansa and Sandor reunion and wedding!

Amen, sister. :)

More Rory spottings, Hound news:

I’ve heard from a source whom I trust, who has provided us reliable information going back several years, that Rory McCann was seen recently staying at a hotel in Belfast commonly used by HBO and Game of Thrones cast members during filming.

http://watchersonthewall.com/two-possible-game-of-thrones-returns-plus-explore-season-6-locations-with-this-video/

Archived