Who among the baratheon brothers would make the best king

Yucef Menaerys

who says he didnt tell renly (if he didnt already know ) its robert who he felt wouldnt believe him without jon 

He brought his suspicions only to Jon Arryn. He got angry and left KL, when Robert named Ned as the Hand. Apparently, Stannis expected the honour himself despite "imagining" that Robert would never listen to him.

Stannis couldn't prove the incest, so that's a moot point. It's even more of a moot point since Stannis didn't say anything before Robert died OR Renly crowned himself (and jesus almost two months after that happened). 

We know he's behind in the line of succession and that Joff/Tommen/Myrcella are bastards. Very few people in Westeros know and/or are disposed to doing something or care about it. So in the eyes of literally everyone, Renly is jumping 4 spots, not 1. Stannis wants to jump 3. If you honestly think that anyone would give a shit about that distinction, I have some seafront property in Arizona to sell you. And when confronted about proof of it by Renly and Cat, Stannis grinds his teeth and says nothing. He has no proof. To all of Planetos, they are just jealous brothers vying for their dead brothers crown in contest with their nephews.

I was correcting your mistake. Renly have the worst claim from all the different laws and PoVs in westeros. Read my comment again.

You guys crack me up .. tell me whether now the westrosi read the books like we do .you did use this arguement about why stannis not telling ned ..but you cant see how stannis and renly will look for the people inuniverse

Still Stannis' claim is better. Never said that for Westerosi people he had a better claim than Joffrey, Tommen or Myrcella. Please read my comment again. Stannis is the elder brother so his claim is better there is no point discussing it.

Still Stannis' claim is better. Never said that for Westerosi people he had a better claim than Joffrey, Tommen or Myrcella. Please read my comment again. Stannis is the elder brother so his claim is better there is no point discussing it.

An elder brother no where to be seen and like you said has no power ..

instead of just sitting and doing nothing he started the war to throw lannisters out of rule ..

Am not sure why stannis being elder even matters as far as renly he is already trying to throw three who has more claim than stannis

Never said that it was relevant, I wasjust correcting some people that were totally wrong.

Not totally wrong. USD made a point that as far as Renly knew Stannis was no better than him, that they were both usurping their nephews crown.

Stannis being the older brother in that situation is of little value as there are three of Roberts children ahead of them.

It is pointless Stannis getting all righteous about the claims and duty as he said nothing of Joffreys claim and illegitimacy when Robert was alive. Stannis is merely trying to take advantage of Renlys popularity.

Not totally wrong. USD made a point that as far as Renly knew Stannis was no better than him, that they were both usurping their nephews crown.

Stannis being the older brother in that situation is of little value as there are three of Roberts children ahead of them.

It is pointless Stannis getting all righteous about the claims and duty as he said nothing of Joffreys claim and illegitimacy when Robert was alive. Stannis is merely trying to take advantage of Renlys popularity.

Stannis claim was better. He was claiming that Cereci's sons were not Robert's so he was the next in line. Renly claimed that he was the strongest and the best and law was stupid because the best brother should rule, considering himself the best. So by law Stannis always had a better claim than Renly, and to the people that believed the twincest he had the best claim, by law again.

Stannis claim was better. He was claiming that Cereci's sons were not Robert's so he was the next in line. Renly claimed that he was the strongest and the best and law was stupid because the best brother should rule, considering himself the best. So by law Stannis always had a better claim than Renly, and to the people that believed the twincest he had the best claim, by law again.

Stannis was no where to be seen when renly crowned
maybe if he had opened his mouth before that or crowned himself then i would call renly usurped stannis

Just because Stannis claims something does not mean others will beleive it. As far as Renly knows Stannis s making all this up to take his army.

When thinking about it

poor stannis he let one brother die because he thought he wouldnt trust his word and killed another brother because he wont trust him

so in the end he could have avoided atleast death of one brother

and considering what may happen in winds ..he has brought his entire dynasty to ground

Stannis is claim was better. I never claimed those things that you are saying.

Stannis does not know that, not for sure. If he had genuine proof that Robert was not the father he would have used it instead of keeping quite for so long.

Stannis is jealous over Robert, jealous over Renly, jealous over Ned. Of course he wants to believe that Joffrey and his siblings are bastards as he gets to be King

When thinking about it

poor stannis he let one brother die because he thought he wouldnt trust his word and killed another brother because he wont trust him

so in the end he could have avoided atleast death of one brother

and considering what may happen in winds ..he has brought his entire dynasty to ground

Gendry or Edric Storm will be legitimize

Archived