Who among the baratheon brothers would make the best king

Yucef Menaerys

Wasn't that only in the TV series?

Not him, but I recall something similar in the books.

It wouldn't really make sense in the context of the TV series, where they made Renly far less of a jock.

SE seems pretty loyal to the Baratheons, and Edric spent most of his childhood there, if he agrees to support those kings in exchange of the Stormlands support, they will just do it. And I think that the Stormlands wpnt oppose Edric as their lord paramount.

Euron and Dany are banking on dragon support so they wouldn't need to. Aegon isn't going to legitimise the son of the former king that's the Blackfyres waiting to happen. Tommen isn't king for at least 8 years so it's up to regents and Jon I guess there's a possibility I guess.

Euron and Dany are banking on dragon support so they wouldn't need to. Aegon isn't going to legitimise the son of the former king that's the Blackfyres waiting to happen. Tommen isn't king for at least 8 years so it's up to regents and Jon I guess there's a possibility I guess.

I doubt that Euron or Tommen would legitimize him, but if Danny is not an idiot, she would want an stable kimgdom, and If a Baratheon offers himself to be his Vassal, I think that she would take the offer. Aegon needs some Westeros support, and he landed on the Stormlands, so that is basically an easy way to get support.

I doubt that Euron or Tommen would legitimize him, but if Danny is not an idiot, she would want an stable kimgdom, and If a Baratheon offers himself to be his Vassal, I think that she would take the offer. Aegon needs some Westeros support, and he landed on the Stormlands, so that is basically an easy way to get support.

Support which turns into a civil war 5 years later isn't support. Dany has at least 1 dragon that's all the stability she needs her lp of the Stormlands should be the first powerful house to pull a tully.

Support which turns into a civil war 5 years later isn't support. Dany has dragons that's all the stability she needs her lp of the Stormlands should be the first powerful house to pull a tully.

Civil support why? If Stannis does not come south I doubt that there would be a civil war. And the Baratheons were founded by a bastard as well. And Dragons have solved or her problems in Mereen. Sometimes you need more than brute strenght to have an stable kingdom.

Civil support why? If Stannis does not come south I doubt that there would be a civil war. And the Baratheons were founded by a bastard as well. And Dragons have solved or her problems in Mereen. Sometimes you need more than brute strenght to have an stable kingdom.

I mean if aegon wins sits the throne marries etc etc and the son of the former king is sitting as an LP civil wars will happen.

When she comes to Westeros she will not be destroying the system she will be becoming the top of it.

Bluntness. No corruption. Justice. The simplicity of Stannis' goals are very attractive. I can see why some may think he would make a great King. And, I suppose, in a simple world, where the people blindly do their duty to the King, and don't have their own goals and motivations, he might just be the best. In a less black-and-white setting, like Westeros, though? What would compel people to help a King who insults them all the time? How can he keep his court free from corruption, when the very men who helped make him King, did it for the promise of power? What if people disagree with him on the definition of "just"?

Of the three Baratheons, only Renly understands, and is equipped to handle such complexities.

I mean if aegon wins sits the throne marries etc etc and the son of the former king is sitting as an LP civil wars will happen.

When she comes to Westeros she will not be destroying the system she will be becoming the top of it.

Baratheon were sitting in the IT because an alliance hard to replicate. Wesaw the support of both Baratheon brother got during the WOT5K, they just hot the support of the Reach/Stormlands and Joffrey got the Westerland. So without the support of the original alliance I doubt that the Baratheons would have a claim. Stannis is another matter.

I think Robert. Did he end up being a great king, no. Could he have been great, yes. Was he as bad as everyone likes to say he was, no. Simple because He knew his faults and mostly let others govern. He inspired loyalty and love, and when a war comes, you still want that strong, fierce warrior.

At the first signs of crisis at the begining of the story, what do the other brothers do, they pull a Brave Sir Robin and they run away, abononning their King, their brother, and The Hand, and their responsibilities.

Stannis does not inspire much loyalty. Many respect him, few like him, and when put in charge, he would likely make more enemies then friends with his black and white attitude.

Renly, he has the look, but really comes off more like a dilettante then a leader. He just seems to be playing at ruling.

With that being said, each has their place. Together all 3 would make a good king. I would want Stannis on Robert's Small Council, he needs that kind of person to do the hard work, maybe not Hand, I think that would cause to much tenstion, I would still prefer Jon Arryn or Ned (better all 3 on the Small Council). Then Renly as the diplomat. He rules in Storm's End, but he would be the one to send to the Free Cities or Summer Isles as Ambassador.

With Robert as King, he is more just the Head of State, while the Hand is Head of Government. The kingship almost because limited, not because of laws passed limiting his power, but because Robert does not really want to rule. I would not want a King that rules with absolute power, which I think Stannis would do. He would listen to his advisors very little, or block out all but one.

Illyn Payne, The hound, Robert's squire, the westerlandmen were overtepresented in KL for their relative population.

What is their overall population?

How many people should be there in your opinion?

The Westerlands is the richest realm in Westeros, they are going to have a presence in the capital especially as Robert chose to marry a Lannister.

And LF mention that the queen has some kids spying for her in AGoT.

So? Some spies does not equal a "huge spynetwork" as you put it.

Sure

and Robert was surrounded by Westerlanders.

No, he's not. He is surrounded by Crownlanders, Stormlanders, Valemen and Westerlanders.

Robert knew about Edric, but he may have never thought about the incest.

So then it is not proof.

And who knows if Stannis asked for Edric, and they did not let him have it as a squire because he may hate him

Edric hated him? Not that it matters as he doesn't chose, his father would have.

Stannis claim is better than Renly even if the twicest was false,

Neither are the rightful king by the law of Westeros. Both in the same position.

Saying that Stannis' claim is as good as Renly's by law is stupid.

I'm saying their claim is pretty much equal as they are both behind Joffrey and Tommen.

Renly was the one that induced Stannis and Joffrey to face them, becuse he was usirping what their rights.

How was it Stannis right? He kept silent about it, he only declared himself King after Renly had.

What is their overall population?

How many people should be there in your opinion?

The Westerlands is the richest realm in Westeros, they are going to have a presence in the capital especially as Robert chose to marry a Lannister.

So? Some spies does not equal a "huge spynetwork" as you put it.
Sure

No, he's not. He is surrounded by Crownlanders, Stormlanders, Valemen and Westerlanders.

So then it is not proof.

Edric hated him? Not that it matters as he doesn't chose, his father would have.

Neither are the rightful king by the law of Westeros. Both in the same position.

I'm saying their claim is pretty much equal as they are both behind Joffrey and Tommen.

How was it Stannis right? He kept silent about it, he only declared himself King after Renly had.

Robert's squires are westerlanders, and the Westerlands are rich, but are not as fertile as the Vale/Reach/Riverlands. And probably the North has a bigger population too due its size. People may think that Stannis may not like Wdric because he was the product of his brother disrespecting Stannis at his wedding. Actually Stannis is the rightful king by law, but most people dont know about the incest. If Stannis carried Edric Storm through towns, villages and cities, maybe more people would believe about the twincest. Crowning yourself later =/= worse claim. Stannis is the rightful king by law, and that is the reason he crowned himself king, even if people dont believe him. Renly crowned himself for power and because he thought yhat he would make a great king.

Baratheon were sitting in the IT because an alliance hard to replicate. Wesaw the support of both Baratheon brother got during the WOT5K, they just hot the support of the Reach/Stormlands and Joffrey got the Westerland. So without the support of the original alliance I doubt that the Baratheons would have a claim. Stannis is another matter.

That's not what the word claim means. If the last king was a Baratheon and one of his kids is a lp of course he has a claim.

I'm not sure what you mean with the rest.

That's not what the word claim means. If the last king was a Baratheon and one of his kids is a lp of course he has a claim.

I'm not sure what you mean with the rest.

Baratheons would have a claim, the same kind of claim that the Targs would have, but unlike the Targs the Baratheon have rule a short period of time, and dont have many loyalist, that is the reason why in the WOT5K 2 kingdoms were neutral and the other 3 declare their independence. A Baratheon would have to be a genius diplomat or be in a situation similar to Robert to push their claim. It is pretty unlikely that voth things happend with a competent ruler, and I think that Danny will forgive all the usurpers, to try to restore the Targs as the ruling house of the 7k. And there is a theory that Edric is alredy helping Aegon to take the throne, which would not be strange.

Baratheons would have a claim, the same kind of claim that the Targs would have, but unlike the Targs the Baratheon have rule a short period of time, and dont have many loyalist, that is the reason why in the WOT5K 2 kingdoms were neutral and the other 3 declare their independence. A Baratheon would have to be a genius diplomat or be in a situation similar to Robert to push their claim. It is pretty unlikely that voth things happend with a competent ruler, and I think that Danny will forgive all the usurpers, to try to restore the Targs as the ruling house of the 7k. And there is a theory that Edric is alredy helping Aegon to take the throne, which would not be strange.

Or a realm that's unstable and doesn't like the current king very possible with aegon being new. If aegon or his heir are crap and disliked a Baratheon rebellion is likely.

Archived