Sansa/Sandor?

Dany Can Do No Wrong

If you read the Storm of Swords chapter where Sandor and Arya hear the news about Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, Sandor's actions reveal a lot about his feelings for Sansa. It's there. 

That and he keeps making unsolicited references about Sansa to Arya while in the RL.

He's like the buddy that can't shut up about his girl friend, ruining what could have been a totally awesome dude brah road trip. LOL.

And there is the whole "Robb needs me" thing. LOL.  Poor old Sandor, he's got a song in his head.

Wait.... A good healthy romantic relationship is what some people think of right? Now saying "I should have fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out" is a sign of his love because he hated that she was married of to Tyrion?

That comment about wanting her to be with Tyrion or LF if someone disagrees with this "love story" is rude. I don't care who she is with.

I simply don't see the signs you are talking about and thing maybe some are talking about subtext so deep it doesn't exist...

On my phone and don't know how to quote. But it's all good since this is not for one person..

The original post was rude. And that poster definitely wants Sansa to fuck Littlefinger and end up with Tyrion. It is known - from her many previous posts. She doesn't even like Sansa, but she is obsessed with opposing SanSan and criticizing fans who like it or think it will be important in future books.

Wait.... A good healthy romantic relationship is what some people think of right? Now saying "I should have fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out" is a sign of his love because he hated that she was married of to Tyrion?

Again, you really should look at the entire sentence. The part that you left out - for a second time - i.e. "before leaving her for the dwarf" is the most important part, and the entire point of that sentence.

He's angry at himself because he screwed up asking her to leave Kings Landing with him and the implications, to her, were too unnerving to allow her to be rescued by him.

He's saying that, even if he had fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out, that that would have been a kinder fate for her than the one he left her to - being married off to Tyrion Lannister.

Is it? I mean is it better if he had fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out? Is this a person that should be in a relationship with the person in question? I mean fuck what Tyrion did to the girl, I hate that shit.. But I really think that is a fucked up thing to say about a person you have a healthy loving opinion of...

PS. I did mention Tyrion...

Oh Annara Snow.. I did not know that. If that is the case I understand.

There are some people among fandom, Wardar, who are totally fixated on SanSan as main topic of the books and as the main love story, a very special fandom group with its own culture. They are convinced that Sansa would never choose anyone else than Sandor and that any other story turn for her invented by the author would bereave her of her free choice, would be a sign that she has "no agency".
Some fans tend to forget that she is a fictional character who will only want and desire what Martin as author makes her desire - which may have nothing to do with what some fans wish as outcome for her. And the author will give Sansa, like to any other character, the fate that serves the story best and not the one some fans see as ideal outcome for her. There is no reason to believe that fictional Sansa will have the dreams her fans have - and that Sansa of all characters will be the one the author intends to give a dream fulfillment ending.

Such as, for instance, Sansa having sex with Littlefinger then happily settling down with Tyrion. Even though those things are not at all what the author has set up as things Sansa wants - quite the opposite, in fact. 

And yes, the author will give Sansa the fate her story requires. He will even hint and foreshadow it, as he has continually done between Sansa and Sandor Clegane. Not with Littlefinger, not with Tyrion Lannister, even though there are some fans who see this as the ideal outcome for her.

That's not the story that Martin is writing. Some people should just learn to accept that.

Is it? I mean is it better if he had fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out? Is this a person that should be in a relationship with the person in question? I mean fuck what Tyrion did to the girl, I hate that shit.. But I really think that is a fucked up thing to say about a person you have a healthy loving opinion of...

Hyperbole, not literal. He's not saying that he actually should have done that to her. He's thinking of an apocalyptic horror and saying that being married off to Tyrion Lannister is worse than that.

And yes, he does have a loving opinion of Sansa. When Sandor tells her "I could keep you safe. ... No one would hurt you again, or I'd kill them", that's one of the most loving, caring and even romantic lines in the books.

That and he keeps making unsolicited references about Sansa to Arya while in the RL.

He's like the buddy that can't shut up about his girl friend, ruining what could have been a totally awesome dude brah road trip. LOL.

And there is the whole "Robb needs me" thing. LOL.  Poor old Sandor, he's got a song in his head.

Haha poor Sandor! He is like a teenage girl that can't stop yapping about the cute guy in high school that accidentally brushed passed her once. 

And as the the 'Robb needs me' thing; bragging about killing Gregor (which when previously given the chance he couldn't go through with), contemplating lordship (fuck your sers), mooning over Sansa's song (which he got at knife point)...he has a whole choir in his head! 

And of course he is devastated when this all goes completely tits up with the RW.

And yes, he does have a loving opinion of Sansa. When Sandor tells her "I could keep you safe. ... No one would hurt you again, or I'd kill them", that's one of the most loving, caring and even romantic lines in the books.

That was really beautiful and loving, caring, romantic. GRRM said that was one of his favorite scenes in the books.

Aahh I get it! You guys think Sandor is a guy that is ohhh so nice ON THE INSIDE? Then I understand how knife to the throat means "I soooo wanna fuck you". And how a cloak on the floor means a maidenhead lost... And "fuck you bloody and rip your heart out" means "I'm sad/angry they married you off to the Imp"..

Why doesn't he want to murder Joffrey and the Queen?

Oh my God...
I just cannot give people the benefit of the doubt when someone says shit like that. Ohhh but he means it well?? Fuck that shit.

I think your use of the expression "Fuck that shit" highlights The Ned's Little Girl's point nicely- no one here literally thinks you disagree so strongly you are literally going to 'fuck shit', as we understand that you using that particular expression to emphasize your displeasure in an overly dramatic way. We all use these sorts of expressions and I read Sandor's death speech in the same way- he is basically saying that he considers being married to Tyrion so terrible that having her heart ripped out would be better. I'm not aware of anyone who thinks he actually wants to rip out her heart. 

Hahaha! Nice. But it is not the same as I'm sure you understand if you put your mind to it.. Fuck that shit is a common way to say I find that shit worthless:-) You find phrases like "fuck that shit" in Asoiaf too. When they say fuck you or whatever in Asoiaf they don't mean they should fuck themselves either...

I wouldn't say alot of people would say what Sandor said in that situation, but I think alot of people would say fuck that shit if they feel what I feel.

I think your use of the expression "Fuck that shit" highlights The Ned's Little Girl's point nicely- no one here literally thinks you disagree so strongly you are literally going to 'fuck shit', as we understand that you using that particular expression to emphasize your displeasure in an overly dramatic way. We all use these sorts of expressions and I read Sandor's death speech in the same way- he is basically saying that he considers being married to Tyrion so terrible that having her heart ripped out would be better. I'm not aware of anyone who thinks he actually wants to rip out her heart. 

Excellent! :lol:

Hahaha! Nice. But it is not the same as I'm sure you understand if you put your mind to it.. Fuck that shit is a common way to say I find that shit worthless:-) You find phrases like "fuck that shit" in Asoiaf too. When they say fuck you or whatever in Asoiaf they don't mean they should fuck themselves either...

I wouldn't say alot of people would say what Sandor said in that situation, but I think alot of people would say fuck that shit if they feel what I feel.

One of the spearwives said "Fuck me bloody!" when she saw what state Jeyne was in. I don't think she was really saying she wanted Theon, Jeyne or one of the other spearwives to fuck her bloody. ;)

Archived