NFL 2015 Week 11: the dawn of the Age of Osweiler

DanteGabriel

A Panthers fan wrote an angry, and at times crazy, letter to a local paper about the indecencies of Cam Newton's sexual dance celebration (it's not sexual at all, btw).

A Titans fan wrote that letter, actually.

The Titans fan sucked. I used to hate Cam Newton, but  I'm really digging him now. Keep on being joyous, man.

Back a ways:

Kalbear, have you seen any Broncos game besides that Packers beatdown? The guy leads the league in picks by a fucking mile and I'd bet my car that he also leads the league in one-hoppers to his receivers. He's thrown a pick in every game and at least 2 in five out of nine games!!! That's not bad luck or an occasional mistake, that's just not being good. If he had any other name, he'd have been benched in week 5. His poor play has kept opponents in games and it's starting to catch up to this team. I'm not trying to take a shot at you or be nasty, but if you think Manning has been anything but the worst starting QB in the NFL over 9 weeks then you're delusional.

He has not been close to the worse starting QB in the NFL over the last 9 weeks. So I guess I'm delusional. He had the best performance of the week two weeks ago, for starters. And we're talking about a league that had Brian Hoyer, Brian Bortles, Jameis Winston and Nick Foles starting. Hell, Andrew Luck looked far worse at times.

Peyton hasn't looked good for the vast majority of starts this season, especially compared to what he's looked like before. Until this week, however, he was still a fairly decent starter in the NFL with occasional signs of absolute mastery. Your antihomeristic hate has blinded you.

Well, Cinci fans, it could have been much worse. Apparently the destroyer was not functioning properly yesterday. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/17/hoyer-wasnt-functioning-correctly-after-hit-to-head/

Curious choice of words if you ask me.

Also Hoyer not correctly calling plays is not a sign of concussion, it's a sign of his usual ineptness. 

Apparently Bradford's shoulder injury is no big deal, it's the concussion that may keep him out.  And with a nice stats padding opporutnity against the Bucs coming up.  Regardless, even the Sanchize should be able to out duel Lovie's boys.

The Titans fan sucked. I used to hate Cam Newton, but  I'm really digging him now. Keep on being joyous, man.

I heard Bomoni Jones compare Cam with Yogi Berra and thought he was nuts. And then he played like 20 quotes from Cam at post game pressers. He may be on to something. Cam says some really funny yet odd things.

There is a new scandle striking NE, threatening to unravel all of their glory.

During the "salute to service" promotion, 31 of the 32 coaches in the NFL have sported military apparel in support of the troops. Only BB has refused, instead opting to wear a tiny pin on his hoody. Clearly a full scale investigation is needed!!!!

The Patriots must answer to UnPatrioticGate ASAP!

During the "salute to service" promotion, 31 of the 32 coaches in the NFL have sported military apparel in support of the troops. Only BB has refused, instead opting to wear a tiny pin on his hoody. Clearly a full scale investigation is needed!!!!

Belichick employs a Navy long snapper. Spent a fifth round draft pick on him. He has out-Patrioted the league once again.

Can the Broncos be better with Osweiler?

The article makes some very good points but as a Bronco fan I still have a big fear; this offensive line is just not that good.  For all the ways Manning has gone wrong he still makes a bad offensive line look good occasionally; specifically his system and quick release limit sacks.  After two games, where the Kubiak system was in effect, Denver was worst in the league in sacks.  Moving back to the Shotgun and they evened back out to normal Manning stats.

Sure Os can(should) cut down the picks and help the run game by being a real threat to bootleg.  But will he see David Carr like sack totals behind this line?  That should be the biggest question going into the next game. 

By the way a quick fantasy tip if you are absolutely desperate.  Cody Latimer could not figure out the play book and Manning didn't trust him.  But he is a freak athlete with great hands that had good chemistry with Osweiler this pre-season.  I wouldn't bet the farm on him, but could be worth a pick up.

He has not been close to the worse starting QB in the NFL over the last 9 weeks. So I guess I'm delusional. He had the best performance of the week two weeks ago, for starters. And we're talking about a league that had Brian Hoyer, Brian Bortles, Jameis Winston and Nick Foles starting. Hell, Andrew Luck looked far worse at times.

Peyton hasn't looked good for the vast majority of starts this season, especially compared to what he's looked like before. Until this week, however, he was still a fairly decent starter in the NFL with occasional signs of absolute mastery. Your antihomeristic hate has blinded you.

Not been close?  Do... do we want to look at the numbers?  

P. Manning: 

193 for 322 (59.9%) 2180 yards, (6.77 avg) 9 TDs, 17 INT (leads league by  A LOT) rat 67.6 

B. Hoyer (who is FUCKING TERRIBLE) 

141 for 237 (59.5%) 1704 yards (7.19) 13 TDs 4 INTs rat 92.9.  

Brian (sic) Bortles (an alias by the clever BLAKE Bortles ... but I am one to talk... ) 

197 for 356 55.3%, 2381 (6.69) 19 TDs, 11 INTs

Jamis Winston 

164 for 285 (57.5%) 2159 (7.58), 10 TDs and 9 INTs rat 80.1

Nick Foles (no longer a starter ... just like Manning) 

145 for 256 (56.6%) 1678 yards (6.56) 7 TDs 6 INTs rat 75.9 

Andrew Luck (who has missed time with major injuries) 

162 for 293 (55.3%) 1881 (6.42) 15 TDs 12 INts rat 74.9

Manning has more INTs than all of these guys; his Passer rating is lower than all these guys.  his avg per attempt is smack dab in the middle; he has the best compl % (ranked 42nd... holy hell), right below Michael Vick and right above Ryan Fitzpatrick).  His yards and TDs are less than or right around all these guys.  

There is no way he is "not even close" to the worst QB.  Sure, make an argument that Luck or Foles have been worse; fine; it would be a doozey to have.  But consider the offensive talent that they have surrounded him with, and the clear deficiencies the other QBs have with their teams etc; its very much possible that Manning has been the worst starting QB.  

I know that when I defend the Pats ... its automatic that  people write "ZOMG!!!!! WHY IS ROCK GETTING SO DEFENSIVE ABOUT STUFF!!!!!  GLARHHHGGGGG!!!!" But ... 

Belichick grew up at Annapolis where his dad was a scout.  He has a ridiculous high opinion on the military, and his very touching letter from to Pat Tillman speaks for itself.  I think the theory I heard was that its a HUGE "Fuck You" to the NFL and their corporate funneling from the Pentagon for a HUGE PR stunt that has almost zero meaning.  You want to honor the troops, honor the troops.  But don't disguise the money you took as some sort of honrable salute to the troops.  

Belichcik has always had this rebellious streak in him and I think that explains this.  

As a former "troop" I support this argument.

Fuck insipid and useless pageantry.

Actually do something other than wearing a flag pin or ridiculous looking military style crap on the sidelines of an NFL game.

Patronizing fucks.

If you don't wave a flag in your sleep then you hate Murika! (couldn't resist) Now with that aside,

So is it true that the Pats are down to just 5 healthy guys on the OL?

If you don't wave a flag in your sleep then you hate Murika! (couldn't resist) Now with that aside,

So is it true that the Pats are down to just 5 healthy guys on the OL?

Possibly. We'll know more when the injury report comes out today, see if Vollmer is still out on the concussion protocol. Before Vollmer was injured, they only had 6 healthy OLs, and one of them is the starting center from last year who was out for his own concussion the first 8 weeks of this season, who's been drafted into playing right tackle. This is "Troy Brown playing cornerback" territory again, except it's for Tom Brady's protectors.

On mannings stats - thought exercise. Remove the prior game. Prior to the game against kc, was he the worst starting qb?

Another way to say it is this: manning has -411 dyar this season per fo. -254 of that came in the last game.

On mannings stats - thought exercise. Remove the prior game. Prior to the game against kc, was he the worst starting qb?

Another way to say it is this: manning has -411 dyar this season per fo. -254 of that came in the last game.

Worst is hyperboloic for sure. I think it's fair to say that he's been bad. Bad enough that the Donks would've been better served to have started Osweiler last week, particularly after it became obvious that he was injured. 

He would still lead the NFL in INTs. His QBR would be ~76; still worse than most of the QBs you mentioned.  

Also, do we get to just eliminate games?  If that's the case, why not treat it like the Olympics: take away the worst game AND the best game (101.7 v. Detroit); his rating then sinks to 72.  

Do you know who has a QB Rating of 72?  Guess.  Just guess.... 

Brock Oswelier.  And his is 72.6.  But, hey, he would have a 4-point lead over Zach Mettenberger.  

Again, hate to say it, but especially when you include total offensive talent, there is a very good case to be made that Manning has been the worst QB this season.

Certainly in the discussion, which was my point.

And, don't worry; in 2 seasons, we will all be having this discussion about Brady and then 3 years from now when he has that fucking maroon-and-gold Washington DC helmet on his head.  

Archived