does the targaryen family line ends with daenyrs ?

ser gerold

Ugh, I'd be so pissed if now she can magically have babies out of a sudden. Like, the eagles from the Lords of the Rings showed up unexpectedly, swoop into her uterus and replaced all the damaged tissue or whatever. It would feel so cheap, in my opinion, especially because her inability to have children was a HUGE part of her character development and her arc. Like, her "children" were the slaves who call her mother and the dragons, and she had to choose between them, between the olive trees and peace, or Fire and Blood and war. If she can have a baby now, you lose that dichotomy, because then the slaves wouldn't be her "children" nor the dragons. 

really ....dany thinks she is barren just like Jon thinks his father is Ned ....big difference what she thinks and what she doesnt know ....it doesn't diminish her ...she will Still have the character development and still be mothers to dragons and freed men ...just like Jon knowing about his parentage doesn't going to diminish is character development ..

and she didnt have any sex until she meets daario after drogo died.  ..and after sometimes later she forgets the date and experiences a blood flow ...this all point to thag she is not barren ....

Now if u have dany having sex in ACOK and till no baby sign at the end of ADwD...you may have some point 

When the "old children" are symbolic, yes, you do. The point was that Dany had no other choice, no real children of her own, she was either Mhysa or the Mother of Monsters, as she put it herself. Her being barren advanced most of the first half of her arc, as that was the motivation for her freeing the slaves and staying in Meereen, since they were the only "children" she had. By the end of aDwD, she seems like she's going to choose her other "children", the dragons, and embrace her Targ ways and go to Westeros. This is super important: Dany spent all aDwD wondering if she was a monster (like Daario) whose spawn, the dragons, were also monsters as well, but by the end she accepted and embraced that, the fact that she's gonna be war, fire, death, etc. Her having a baby, an actual human baby, symbolizing peace and purity and whatnot as opposed to the dragons that represent death and war would throw the significance of that decision out the window. 

Damn it, I meant to reply to King Viserys Targaryen IV

When the "old children" are symbolic, yes, you do. The point was that Dany had no other choice, no real children of her own, she was either Mhysa or the Mother of Monsters, as she put it herself. Her being barren advanced most of the first half of her arc, as that was the motivation for her freeing the slaves and staying in Meereen, since they were the only "children" she had. By the end of aDwD, she seems like she's going to choose her other "children", the dragons, and embrace her Targ ways and go to Westeros. This is super important: Dany spent all aDwD wondering if she was a monster (like Daario) whose spawn, the dragons, were also monsters as well, but by the end she accepted and embraced that, the fact that she's gonna be war, fire, death, etc. Her having a baby, an actual human baby, symbolizing peace and purity and whatnot as opposed to the dragons that represent death and war would throw the significance of that decision out the window. 

Given Quaithe's "remember who you are" shenanigans, I think it makes sense if a lot of Dany's identity comes from lies or misunderstanding.  That seems well in line with her character arc, which is mostly one of self-discovery.  And one of those misunderstandings has been heavily hinted to be that she's barren, because what else could be going on at the end of Dance?  Seems like she's not, and it's not like Mirri ever said she was, and there's heavy evidence that Mirri was actually prophesying something that would actually happen.  

In short, it makes sense that Dany is mistaken thematically.  

Ugh, I'd be so pissed if now she can magically have babies out of a sudden. Like, the eagles from the Lords of the Rings showed up unexpectedly, swoop into her uterus and replaced all the damaged tissue or whatever. It would feel so cheap, in my opinion, especially because her inability to have children was a HUGE part of her character development and her arc. Like, her "children" were the slaves who call her mother and the dragons, and she had to choose between them, between the olive trees and peace, or Fire and Blood and war. If she can have a baby now, you lose that dichotomy, because then the slaves wouldn't be her "children" nor the dragons. 

I get what you mean, but I don't think it would be as dramatic as the eagles. It sucks to see characters make U-turns but I always struggle to understand the validity of these prophecies/curses etc. She's the blood of the dragon that must give her some perks to avoid certain afflictions. I think there's some wiggle room with this ^_^

really ....dany thinks she is barren just like Jon thinks his father is Ned ....big difference what she thinks and what she doesnt know ....it doesn't diminish her ...she will Still have the character development and still be mothers to dragons and freed men ...just like Jon knowing about his parentage doesn't going to diminish is character development ..

and she didnt have any sex until she meets daario after drogo died.  ..and after sometimes later she forgets the date and experiences a blood flow ...this all point to thag she is not barren ....

Now if u have dany having sex in ACOK and till no baby sign at the end of ADwD...you may have some point 

Given Quaithe's "remember who you are" shenanigans, I think it makes sense if a lot of Dany's identity comes from lies or misunderstanding.  That seems well in line with her character arc, which is mostly one of self-discovery.  And one of those misunderstandings has been heavily hinted to be that she's barren, because what else could be going on at the end of Dance?  Seems like she's not, and it's not like Mirri ever said she was, and there's heavy evidence that Mirri was actually prophesying something that would actually happen.  

In short, it makes sense that Dany is mistaken thematically.  

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how a baby would contribute to her arc right now when she's just decided to embrace her Mother of Dragons identity and her little monsters too, in a non-Gaga way. 

who says she needs to or going to have a baby now .....all we have to know is that she is not barren so if she survives the end we can know she furthers the family ....may be thats what her third phase is after the war bringing peace and stability ...

no by choosing dragons she is not going to abandon the freed men ...she will still be mother to them all the wars is going yo be for those childrenchildren which she is going to fight  using dragons ...she will still be fighting for them ...if She abandons the whole freeing people now without any resolution then that is the worst writing then she having a baby.

Sir a interesting video on youtube on missing Targaryens there about four being born but they just disappear. There is Aegon Targaryen V two sisters they just disappeared from history and there is Daeron Targaryen's child a girl what happen to her? Jenny Oldstones did she had any children with Duncan Targayen?

God, I hope not. I don't believe Dany is barren.  She had her period during her last chapter in Dance.  Her womb is back in action.  Those berries cured whatever MMD did to her. 

More likely she was preggers and they caused a miscarriage.Between Daario and Hizdahr (and Moonboy for all I know) she's been having unprotected sex for quite some time.

Maegor Targaryen, son of Aerion Brightflame and grandson of Maekar I. He was passed over during the Great Council of 233 that crowned Aegon V, because he was very young and the fear that he would inherit his father's madness and cruelty. Also because the name Maegor wasn't very auspicious.

There is no account of what ever happened to him. His descendants might still be around.

If Daenerys is barren then this leads to an interesting yet horrible consequence if Dany wins the game of thrones. 
Considering that everyone has gone apeshit after Robert's death AKA the entire premise of the novels. 
Daenerys unable to produce an heir, would likely cause an even bigger fuckstorm after her death than the war of the five kings ever did. 
Even assuming that Dany marries fAegon or anyone else (except Jon if R+L=J is true) and agrees that he can have extramarital sexual relationships to produce an heir. I doubt every Lord in the seven kings would be ok with a bastard sitting on the IT, remember Joffrey.
And based on how the lords are presented in the story as greedy arrogant and powerhungry they'll more likely see it as an oppertunity to take it for themselfs. I mean I know GRRM has said that he wants the series to end on a bittersweet tone.

Can you imagine? Dany wins, Tyrion is her husband, Lannister are all gone, Daenerys reforms the realm to a more progressive land, there's peace and prosperity and no more winters. Then she dies... A new war is born.

Mirri Maz Duur says  that  

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before"

We usually interpreted as Daenerys left barren, as she will never bear a child again. But if she get pregnant and die while giving birth? maybe, she will "see" Drogo en her last moments...

I Like to think despite the miscarriage that Dany is still Barren.  If she survives (which I find unlikely) id like Dany to rule on her own, and ultimately name an heir who has offspring and has some Targaryen blood.  Even if this person is a legitimized bastard.  It could be a lot of people.  Could be Jon (but I don't think he'll have any kids either).  Could be Tyrion if A+J=T.  Would be Particularly ironic if it was Shireen, Edric Storm or Gendry... 

Or Dany destroys the IT and creates some kind of a 7 kingdoms senate or other semi-democratic reforms modeled after some of the free cities/Essos. 

• 2 weeks later...

who says she needs to or going to have a baby now .....all we have to know is that she is not barren so if she survives the end we can know she furthers the family ....may be thats what her third phase is after the war bringing peace and stability ...

no by choosing dragons she is not going to abandon the freed men ...she will still be mother to them all the wars is going yo be for those childrenchildren which she is going to fight  using dragons ...she will still be fighting for them ...if She abandons the whole freeing people now without any resolution then that is the worst writing then she having a baby.

She can further the family if she survives, which is questionable at the moment. and same for Jon. One of them could die. Also there will be hardly enough time fot them to concieve a children, Daeny giving birth and then fighting.Then with who? I can hardly imagine Jon and Daeny rulling together, having children and be happy. Romance is a sure thing, but other than that not really. That's not the way George is working or at least that's what I thought so far.

I think that if she is barren or not is irrelevant since as per the Targ law she doesn't have a right to the Throne and she cannot pass anything to any child she may have.

I don't think that law applies when there is only one Targaryen left in the world.

Archived