Anyone else rooting for Littlefinger?

PCK

Her mouth would be sewed shut or something. Varys' little birds don't have an ideal life.

Petyr did mistreat Jeyne, but it's better then letting Cersei chop her head off.

I like Littlefinger. He's smart as hell, arriving with a small post and then increase the realms income exponentially making himself needed and waited for his time to strike in Kingslanding.

His ability to throw Lannister vs Stark at each other shows great hindsight, as his bloodless conquest of the Vale, and this mysterious war of 3 queens.

The story of the duel for Cat appeals to my romantic side, and my fuck the world side. I feel sadness that Petyr had to break his promise to Cat, but alas if he backed Ned's plan like he was asked to, he'd be a dead man by Stannis.

I see Littlefinger losing though. His two main flaws are Tyrion and Sansa. (The same two who are giving him his rapid rise) 

Tyrion is his enemy, as Petyr attacked Tyrion through his schemes, he further dismisses him as the cause for Sansas widowhood,  but Tyrion plans on living and Lannisters pay their debts.

Sansa is being trained to think like Petyr, he even reviews some of his schemes with her. By teaching his potential enemy his mind, she'll be sure to have the advantage. Sansa will be an enemy. She already heard of her uncles murder and witnessed her aunt. It's only a matter of time before she hears of Petyrs role in her friend Jeyne and her father Ned.

He's offering Sansa no less than WF, the Vale, the Riverlands, and eventually a crown. She only has to follow the plan and charge poor Petyr with the nasty task of ruling.

After all, Sansa had betrayed Ned first, she will forgive LF,...as far as he's successful.:blink:

Horrific enough that she knows and willing how to do beastiality, just because the girls in slavery bay suffer the same thing doesn't make it ok for LF to do that. That doesn't excuse his heartlessness and cruelty to Jeyne

I doubt she was trained in beastiality. When she agrees to try things with the dogs, she sounds beaten, as if she argued with Ramsay over it before, not taught it's sexy by Petyr.

Obviously sharing a fate with slaves is terrible.

Yet nobody had a suggestion for how to get Jeyne out of Sansas room. Only Petyr. Is he a terrible person for that? Of course. Is he worse then the rest of the small council? How can one be worse then Cersei?

He's offering Sansa no less than WF, the Vale, the Riverlands, and eventually a crown. She only has to follow the plan and charge poor Petyr with the nasty task of ruling.

After all, Sansa had betrayed Ned first, she will forgive LF,...as far as he's successful :blink:

Robb shook his head. "Even if Harrion were that sort, he could never openly forgive his father's killer. His own men would turn on him. These are northmen, Uncle. The north remembers."

Obviously sharing a fate with slaves is terrible.

Yet nobody had a suggestion for how to get Jeyne out of Sansas room. Only Petyr. Is he a terrible person for that? Of course. Is he worse then the rest of the small council? How can one be worse then Cersei?

Which makes LF a terrible person.

Cersei ordered Jeyne to be separated from Sansa because she made Sansa worried and Petyr 'voluntarily' took her but then forced her into raped and prostitution, i'm sincerely worried to people who doesn't think that it's cruelty. Being cruel is not a competition, Cersei is heartless but a bit moronic and most vain, LF is smart devil

He showed absolutely no interest in his child.  If he were upset by that - yes, then that would be a very, very horrible thing, I agree.  But I don't see anything to suggest that at all, and in my view it'd be entirely against his character.  Maybe that character only developed because of the incident but I doubt it. 

Oh, come on, this post is pure speculation. I haven't noticed that there was his POV chapter in which he explicitly said - or better thought - that he didn't give a damn about his and Lysa's aborted child. There is absolutely no way of telling whether or not he regretted that his child was aborted or not. Even if he didn't like Lysa much, that doesn't mean that he felt / would feel the same about his only child. If I'm not mistaken, LF has never spoken a word about the child. I am convinced that it is not because he doesn't care, but because it's too painful. He had 15+ years to somehow deal with it and somehow get over it and lock it somewhere deep inside but I doubt he forgot about it. I personally really don't expect him to repeatedly burst into sobbing and crying on Ned's, Cersei's, Varys's and co. shoulders about it. Especially when you consider the fact that no one but Lysa, Hoster and possibly Jon Arryn knew about it. Although it is possible that even LF himself didn't know about the child but I doubt it because Lysa 99% told him and she made several references to the child (unless making references to Sweetrobin) during their wedding.

Good catch, but:

1. I was trying to be ironic.

2. Sansa in not the regular northener.

Most people tend to see Sansa as a feeble victim, and it's true that she's had tough times but, she's also ambitious. She can cheat, scheme and betray, and she vies for a crown. If LF helps her to get one, she'll do her best to forget his "little sins".

Oh, come on, this post is pure speculation. I haven't noticed that there was his POV chapter in which he explicitly said - or better thought - that he didn't give a damn about his and Lysa's aborted child. There is absolutely no way of telling whether or not he regretted that his child was aborted or not. Even if he didn't like Lysa much, that doesn't mean that he felt / would feel the same about his only child. If I'm not mistaken, LF has never spoken a word about the child. I am convinced that it is not because he doesn't care, but because it's too painful. He had 15+ years to somehow deal with it and somehow get over it and lock it somewhere deep inside but I doubt he forgot about it. I personally really don't expect him to repeatedly burst into sobbing and crying on Ned's, Cersei's, Varys's and co. shoulders about it. Especially when you consider the fact that no one but Lysa, Hoster and possibly Jon Arryn knew about it. Although it is possible that even LF himself didn't know about the child but I doubt it because Lysa 99% told him and she made several references to the child (unless making references to Sweetrobin) during their wedding.

True, LF doesn't show much parental love. Not only for his unborn child, but for his living son. (Curious that it's the same with Joff, Robert and Jaime didn't seem to love him, but this is off topic.)  I can't quote right know, but I recall some clear clues hinting that SR is LF's son.

All this can be read in the books. Besides, I have a suspect. I wonder if Jon Arryn was searching for more false fathers than Joff's and it accelerated his death. After all, what did LF care if Robert knew that Joff was Jaime's?

Edit: A suspect is just what it is. You may share the view, comment it or whatever, but always bearing in mind that I'm by no means stating it as a certified fact.

True, LF doesn't show much parental love. Not only for his unborn child, but for his living son. (Curious that it's the same with Joff, Robert and Jaime didn't seem to love him, but this is off topic.)  I can't quote right know, but I recall some clear clues hinting that SR is LF's son.

All this can be read in the books. Besides, I have a suspect. I wonder if Jon Arryn was searching for more false fathers than Joff's and it accelerated his death. After all, what did LF care if Robert knew that Joff was Jaime's?

Edit: A suspect is just what it is. You may share the view, comment it or whatever, but always bearing in mind that I'm by no means stating it as a certified fact.

I don't remember any 100% clear hints hinting that SR definitely isn't Jon A's son, only how Lysa kept on saying "let's make another sweet child!" during her wedding. Who knows whether she spoke about the first aborted child or about SR or about both. However I think it's easily possible that LF is SR's father (considering Lysa's unstable character, I think it's very possible that she would abort on purpose all the children that were Jon's, as a revenge, but kept the one that was LF's) but I highly doubt that if it is true that Lysa told anybody, including LF. LF probably knows about the aborted child, but not about SR.

Was there a reason for which Jon A's should suspect that SR isn't his son though? I'm not saying that it is impossible, I just wonder. Of course Jon A could be influenced by the just discovered truth about Cersei's children but I don't know if there was / is something about SR that would make people suspicious. He is sick while people mention how strong Jon A was but SR was born with the illness and that illness would explain it. I don't remember any references to a possible illness that LF's suffered from as child, although I know that in other threads people were mentioning them?

Which makes LF a terrible person.
Cersei ordered Jeyne to be separated from Sansa because she made Sansa worried and Petyr 'voluntarily' took her but then forced her into raped and prostitution, i'm sincerely worried to people who doesn't think that it's cruelty. Being cruel is not a competition, Cersei is heartless but a bit moronic and most vain, LF is smart devil

LF is a terrible person. But almost every character is. At least Petyr knows his level of evilness. He's like Sandor, knowing his shit stinks.

And he did save Jeynes life. He led her somewhere terrible, and he did it purely for schemes, yet Poole is alive because of him.

Good catch, but:

1. I was trying to be ironic.

2. Sansa in not the regular northener.

Most people tend to see Sansa as a feeble victim, and it's true that she's had tough times but, she's also ambitious. She can cheat, scheme and betray, and she vies for a crown. If LF helps her to get one, she'll do her best to forget his "little sins".

1. Word, its fun to respond with quotes.

2. Maybe not, but her subjects are.

Sansa is a victim, far cry from feeble. Yes she cheats, schemes and betrays; I don't think she vies for a crown, not since Joffrey killed Ned. But a crown is Sansas destin. I'm sure Petyr will get her the crown too, just she'll bite the Littlefinger of the hand that fed her.

Littlefinger is one sick, self-obsessed human being. That makes him the perfect Hand in a GRRM world - and reflects the sick world we live in better than most fantasy.  

Archived