NBA Season 2015/16 - Currying Favor

Relic

21 minutes ago, trickster said:

No rooting interest in NBA, really liked the C-Webb Kings and the Nash era Suns, but I never had a team.

I started following NFL seriously since 1998 (before that, I was mainly a college football fan). Did not want to be a Bandwagon fan. So picked the worst team, the  Colts, and have stuck with them ever since. 

Have you admitted this to PQJ? :P

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Have you admitted this to PQJ? :P

Heh, she knows the gist of it. And I am not saying Colts are the worst team. Indy was the worst team (record wise) in '97 and had drafted PFM.

Anyways, sorry guys for thread derail. Go DUBS ;)

46 minutes ago, trickster said:

Heh, she knows the gist of it. And I am not saying Colts are the worst team. Indy was the worst team (record wise) in '97 and had drafted PFM.

Anyways, sorry guys for thread derail. Go DUBS ;)

I know, just was having a little fun with ya.

So last night Wiggins and Kobe went at it. After the game, Kobe said it reminded him of when he was young and was going at MJ......

.....just sayin......

5 hours ago, Fez said:

No, because max contracts are based on a percentage of the salary cap, not a hard value. As the cap goes up, max contract size goes up.

But at the same time yes, because the cap is going up so much, in a sense it would be possible to have 4 max guys to start because your old max guys are no longer going to actually be max guys anymore until they sign a new contract (Because contracts don't say things like 'will be paid 35% of the value of the salary cap in 2017' they say things like 'will be paid $23 million in 2017').

Good post. Yeah, that's what I was getting at where these two giant jumps in the cap potentially present a unique opportunity for a team like the Warriors to fit in 4 max guys, because the old max contracts Klay and Draymond signed are no longer true max contracts in the current environment. And seeing the math laid out, it makes sense 

They can make a big push for KD because of it which continues to blow my mind. I can't think of any equivalent where a very recent champion has a chance to add a superstar and not lose a starter. Or they can continue enjoying their current luxury of having both stars and depth. Their stars are just entering their prime now and even their role guys aren't that old. I was mistaken in my last post. They could credibly run out the exact same team another 2-3 years if they so choose. 

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And yet the Wizards are keeping it tight. 92-84 with 10 minutes or so left in the 4th. Wall has put up 27 of his own.

Wall sitting with foul trouble really killed their momentum. I'm kind of amazed Curry actually missed some shots in the 3rd quarter.

21 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Wall put up a 41/10 on 17/25 shooting and they still got blown out. Curry hitting 11 3's will do that.

Were Wall and Curry covering each other? 

Some, but it seemed like Curry spent a lot of time on the bench, at least in the 2nd and 3rd. They were both just killing it regardless of who was covering 'em. Wall was driving at will for much of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Some, but it seemed like Curry spent a lot of time on the bench, at least in the 2nd and 3rd. They were both just killing it regardless of who was covering 'em. Wall was driving at will for much of the game. 

Man, would've liked to have watched that. Ah well. One more guaranteed loss to GS to go. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The most overlooked thing from last night is that the Wizards are being coached by a pirate.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-29-at-11.16.23-AM.pn

Hopefully it helps draw fans from the key 8 year old little boy demographic whom you know every one of which wants to grow up to be a Pirate Wizard.

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

How awesome a team name would that be for say a D-League squad? INTRODUCING YOUR HUMPY CREEK PIRATE WIZARDS!!!!

The 76ers should consider it.

BTW, last night also paid homage to one of my favorite NES games ever: 

Wizards_and_Warriors_NES_cover.jpg

Archived