Speculation on Lyanna Stark casting

Rinba

The Tudors alumna Sarah Bolger is 100% my book Lyanna. She looks like an older Maisie too which would work perfectly for the TV show too but Kit Harington isn't that Stark-looking himself. He has dark hair and dark eyes rather than the Northern brown/grey eyed combo- so I reckon they will go for an actress with similar darker colouring, especially as Kit doesn't have a hint of Targ about him. Emergency Awesome uses Lily Collins as his Lyanna in his videos and I think she would be a good choice- not what Lyanna looks like in my head, but definitely like she could be Kit's mother.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2016 at 5:23 PM, Rinba said:

So she's not Dosh Khaleen, and she's not Lyanna. She's in a Meereen scene with Tyrion and Varys. So... Galazza Galare!?!?!?!?

On 03/01/2016 at 5:23 PM, Rinba said:

13 hours ago, Duckfield said:

So she's not Dosh Khaleen, and she's not Lyanna. She's in a Meereen scene with Tyrion and Varys. So... Galazza Galare!?!?!?!?

She seemed to be a Red Priestess to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/3/2016 at 0:45 AM, princess_snow said:

So we still have no idea who is playing Lyanna at TOJ scene?

I've only heard one rumor from reddit which, with reddit being reddit, isn't exactly strong evidence. There's two posts, and I'm not sure if they're the same person or not. This person claimed to have seen cast members in or near their cafe when they were I guess on breaks from filming at the castle in Spain. They recognized Isaac Hempstead Wright, Rob Aramayo and Leo Woodruff (young Howland) and also claimed Ozge Gurel was there. If that's true then she's a pretty good candidate for Lyanna. But again take it with a grain of salt. It's curious because she's a pretty obscure Turkish actress and an odd choice if this person was just making up a story for attention. But they also said "the guy from Twilight" aka Xavier Samuel was there and he would probably be a good candidate for Rhaegar? But I have my doubts we're even seeing Rhaegar at all this season and spoilers have made no mention of him. 

The timing is also strange because this person only posted this recently and usually when a legit actor spotting comes out it happens during filming? But I guess they could've sat on this information for a long time. We'll see.

4 hours ago, IrisBest said:

I've only heard one rumor from reddit which, with reddit being reddit, isn't exactly strong evidence. There's two posts, and I'm not sure if they're the same person or not. This person claimed to have seen cast members in or near their cafe when they were I guess on breaks from filming at the castle in Spain. They recognized Isaac Hempstead Wright, Rob Aramayo and Leo Woodruff (young Howland) and also claimed Ozge Gurel was there. If that's true then she's a pretty good candidate for Lyanna. But again take it with a grain of salt. It's curious because she's a pretty obscure Turkish actress and an odd choice if this person was just making up a story for attention. But they also said "the guy from Twilight" aka Xavier Samuel was there and he would probably be a good candidate for Rhaegar? But I have my doubts we're even seeing Rhaegar at all this season and spoilers have made no mention of him. 

The timing is also strange because this person only posted this recently and usually when a legit actor spotting comes out it happens during filming? But I guess they could've sat on this information for a long time. We'll see.

Hmmm ok, thanks for that. I had a look at her she could def work as Lyanna. I don't think we are seeing Rhaegar at all either. Sadly.   

1 hour ago, princess_snow said:

Hmmm ok, thanks for that. I had a look at her she could def work as Lyanna. I don't think we are seeing Rhaegar at all either. Sadly.   

Yeah as far as the overall look that actress has it for Lyanna. Not sure about her acting but if Lyanna gets like 1 or 2 flashbacks max it won't really matter (although I do hope we get more flashbacks with her besides ToJ). And I'd be pretty surprised if Rhaegar popped up this season... I think the show figured it'd be hard enough reminding people who Lyanna was this season so they're probably saving his flashbacks (if any) for next season. 

I am a little late to this topic, however I imagine a slightly older Lyanna Stark at the Tower of Joy. I realise this actress may look older than the young Ned Stark but I throw Tuppence Middleton (https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=tuppence+Middleton&gfe_rd=cr&ei=EcFZV_9SkdLwB6vit5gC#gfe_rd=cr&imgrc=9yGHHjg_79mm2M%3A) in for consideration. She has pulled off characters that were and are a lot younger than she and she has the looks (+eyes) for it.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, IrisBest said:

There's a new rumor that it could be Beth Walker. I read she followed GoT's twitter account recently and follows Rob Aramayo (who also follows her), Sophie Maisie, and supposedly she was on some other rumored cast list although I don't have a source for that. We'll see for sure tomorrow I guess!

The eye color would be an issue for the show, but then again maybe they'll just hope we don't notice. Or she'll wear contacts. Or we won't see her face.

1 hour ago, nothatso said:

The eye color would be an issue for the show, but then again maybe they'll just hope we don't notice. Or she'll wear contacts. Or we won't see her face.

Why would it be an issue? They're not going there, Kit has dark brown eyes not grey, Dillane has dark brown not blue, Kerry Ingram is blonde, etc etc. 

39 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Why would it be an issue? They're not going there, Kit has dark brown eyes not grey, Dillane has dark brown not blue, Kerry Ingram is blonde, etc etc. 

"Not going there"? They aren't accurately portraying the book eye color, but throwing out any semblance of genetic continuity between parents and children would be an entirely new step. If Lyanna has blue eyes, and Rhaegar has blue or green eyes (as Dany and Viserys have in the show), it's fairly unlikely for Jon to have brown eyes. It's sloppy at the very least.

6 hours ago, nothatso said:

"Not going there"? They aren't accurately portraying the book eye color, but throwing out any semblance of genetic continuity between parents and children would be an entirely new step. If Lyanna has blue eyes, and Rhaegar has blue or green eyes (as Dany and Viserys have in the show), it's fairly unlikely for Jon to have brown eyes. It's sloppy at the very least.

No, it wouldn't throw 'genetic continuity' out the door, as it is not impossible. Furthermore, the continuity is all over the place anyway, the timelines are a mess, there's plot holes galore, etc. I highly doubt they would base their casting on eye colour.

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

No, it wouldn't throw 'genetic continuity' out the door, as it is not impossible. Furthermore, the continuity is all over the place anyway, the timelines are a mess, there's plot holes galore, etc. I highly doubt they would base their casting on eye colour.

Thus my stating "maybe they'll just hope we don't notice" in my first post.

I could actually see her working but I'm not holding my breath. We'll know one way or another tonight if Lyanna was ever casted. There's also the new casting call for a "16 year old Northern Girl involved in a high stakes scene" for season 7 that just popped up on WotW not too long ago, which kind of sounds like Lyanna to me also.

1 hour ago, IrisBest said:

Lol well it seems the Lyanna actress was nobody anyone expected. I think her name is Aisling Franciosi? I like her a lot, though - she's pretty close to how I pictured her.

She was actually one of my picks for Lyanna. - As I said on the Rant and Rave thread (where they were complaining she didn't look hot enough while dying and giving birth) I've seen her in the Irish drama the Fall (with Gillian Anderson and Jaime Dornan) playing a sexy but psycho teenager with the hots for a serial killer. She does have a resemblance to Kit Harrington, I think.

Archived