No man can kill Sir Robert Strong

WierWood Wolf

i just finished listening to Radio Westeros podcast about Cersei and Qyburn. I highly recommend them as they are very thou

rough and entertaining.  Anyway before I get started, I know I misspelled Weirwood in my handle. A few brews and a lifetime of dislexia will do that heh.

Hearing Qyburn's boast to Cersei how Sir Robert Strong couldn't be killed by a man reminded me of The Witch Kingof Angmar ( Lord of Rings) could not be killed by any man and ends up being killed by a woman got me thinking. Bran's coma dream sees A Hound, a man in Golden Armor and a giant clad in stone armor.

Many fans have pointed to " Clegane Bowl" or Gregor vs Sandor. I think this may be likely but per Qyburn I don't like The Hound!s chances. It also mentions a man in Golden Armor most take for Jaime. Jaime appears to be heading for " Lady Stoneheart" with Briene. If he and Briene escape that situation mayhaps the head for King'Landing and right into Cersei and Sir Robert. Jaime won't stand a chance but maybe Bienne would seeing that she is "no man" comments?

Sorry you lost me, the Witch King tells Eowyn no living man may hinder me but she stabs him in his faceless parts and he is no more 

Movie? In fact this was just a prophesy that Glorfindel uttered during the fall of Angmar "Far of his doom yet is, and not by the hand of man shall he fall".

Well I'm looking at the text on lotr.wikia.com.  I wonder if they are watching the show version as well. With al the thee,s and thou's it doesn't appear so.. 

lotr.wikia is somewhat notorius in this regard, there are a lot of people editing it without any good knowledge.

So your saying the Witch King thought he couldn't  be destroyed because of the prophesy? He should know Prophesy is like a sword without a hilt... No safe way to hold it.

He did not read enough fantasy books!

Just because Qyburn said it does not make it so; he is merely boasting about his creation. I think he will defeat whoever he faces in Cersei's trial by combat, but I don't think that will be the showdown with his younger brother. In fact, I'm not sure how Martin will get the brothers into the same region for CleganeBowl to materialize.

By the way there was one thing that the Witch-King was immune to: normal weapons, he could in fact only be damaged by a blade from Westernesse. Merry's dagger that got from the Barrow Downs was such a blade and it was when he stabbed the ringwraith that the latter's protective spells ceased to work.

So from that point of view Merry was actually the one to kill the Witch King.

He's also sort of a Golem and in the 1920s German film "The Golem", the creature kills a knight called Florian by throwing him off the roof.

Anyway, Bobby Strong has no shortage of women wishing to kill him: the Sand Snakes. Nymeria and Tyene are likeliest to face him, but don't forget Sarella. She has more experience than her sisters when it comes to magic and stuff like that, and she's a student of Marwyn, like Qyburn probably was too, so they have that connection. 

Didn't take long for this thread to go off topic.

I have an easy way to kill Robert Strong.  Roast him in his armor.  If he's walking dead flesh then he should be able to be lit on fire pretty easily.

so your saying maybe Dani and Drogon will roast Strong. Could very well be if only she would get her ass to Westros heh. 

Maybe Arya is our no man?

As much as i believe the Hound will fight UnGregor, I also know how GRRM likes to dash our hopes on the rocks and throw curve balls at the same time. I could see an epic fight between the Clegane boys and similar to how the Viper seemed have it in hand something goes wrong and Sandor loses. 

I'm suggesting, according to Bran's green dream that UnGregor goes after Jaime and Brianne defends him. This might lead to Jaime fulfilling the Valanquar Prophesy by doing in Cersei. To me it has a sort of poetic justice and surprise I look for from George. 

As much as i believe the Hound will fight UnGregor, I also know how GRRM likes to dash our hopes on the rocks and throw curve balls at the same time. I could see an epic fight between the Clegane boys and similar to how the Viper seemed have it in hand something goes wrong and Sandor loses. 

I'm suggesting, according to Bran's green dream that UnGregor goes after Jaime and Brianne defends him. This might lead to Jaime fulfilling the Valanquar Prophesy by doing in Cersei. To me it has a sort of poetic justice and surprise I look for from George. 

I just want Cleganebowl, but yes I think too that unGregor wins, it is too early for Cersei to leave and Im 100% percent convinced that Jaime(70%) or Loras(30%) are Valonqars, so she needs to win trial, make some more mess and then get killed. Who will be champion on Marges trial? She gets to chose from KG too? If Loras is injured, she will take unGregor too I guess.

I'm absolutely sure Robert Strong will go down, but not in a trial by combat. First off, too many damn trial by combats. Enough already. Second, RS has an Achilles heel, of course he does. And that will be found by accident, I wager. A nice, benevolent accident, that oops! takes him down. A classic prat fall for the right character's win-win.

I'm not a fan of Cleganebowl, and don't think it will happen. Sandor has had a spiral down and his reappearance won't be for a quick stunt that kills him. I don't think that GRRM created the character, gave him his trials and tribulations, his infatuation with Sansa that has yet to reach some conclusion, had him fight in the fire at Blackwater, face Beric's flaming sword, slog across Westeros with Arya in tow, gamble with his life walking into the Crossroads Inn, have Arya care for him and then refuse him the gift of mercy, show Sandor digging graves to the oblivious Brienne, all that, plus further smearing his name with Saltpans, in order to keep him alive parked on some island, basically waiting on the bench for a fight with his evil, raping, pillaging brother, one of the only straight up villains in the story, and then have Sandor come off the bench to face his mutilator, his undead husk of a brother?? That's the story; that's it? And then he dies?

Nah, not buying it.

Archived