Lady Stoneheart, worst in-law ever?

Wild _Rover

Lady Stoneheart (I hate abreviations) will hang Jeyne, Roslin, Edmure or whoever she "thinks" is related to or is a direct cause of Robb's death, or his family (I mean Sansa, Arya, Robb, Bran, Rickon and Ned. not her Tully side) breakdown. I don't see her thinking grey. I don't see her reasoning with anyone, nor she cares to. Brienne was Cat's shield for a while and she almost hangs her (not to mention she almost hanged a kid). When Cat was killed, she went balistic, and I think that's a clue in understanding Stoneheart's behavior. She lost it before she died. So yeah, I think she'll try to kill Jeyne and will threaten the Blackfish if he dares to interfere.

42 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

I dont see anyone oposing adding his name to the list, but I have a question, if Brynden rescues Jeyne and Edmure and finds LSH they will want to retake Riverlands and they will need a King for that, I dont see new King in the North or at least not at Riverlands, so who will they back to get their lands back? Obviously not Lannister and it leaves us with Aegon and Stannis. Stannis may give them back if they bend he knee and with Aegon it is not sure, he might give them but yet they rebeled and killed his family, they may get Riverrun back, but tile of LP certanly goes to Darrys. What do you think about this?

The Blackfish would be crucial to the resistance. As the captain of Robb's outriders, Robb's movements toward Riverrun were not noticed as all of the Lannister scouts were not able to notify anyone, as you know, they were dead.

With his help, they would probably have an easier time monitoring enemy troop movements, as well as efficiently moving larger groups of fighters than the BWB had previously.

As for LP, that is probably up for grabs, with whoever provides the most help to the king ends up in power.

I think Brynden is capable of organizing a reasonably effective resistance movement, escalating the previous actions of the BWB, and potentially taking the Riverlands back by force, especially if additional forces (from the Iron Throne side) are needed in the North to combat Stannis. Jaime has also ordered the Freys to turn their Red Wedding hostages over to the crown, which is something I know I tend to forget, but if the BWB can get those guys back as well, that will free up a lot of families to rejoin the resistance. I do think Stannis may be slightly more likely to compromise now than he was when he met with Renly and Cat, plus he is trying to remove the Lannister allies from the North. The one potential issue with joining forces with Stannis is Brienne though - she did vow to avenge Renly. Aegon is too much of a wildcard in my opinion, especially with the fAegon issues, but yeah, I'm not sure Aegon (or Dany) would be likely to support the Tully/Stark cause. Which brings us to Rickon - even as a figurehead King in the North, he could really be a game-changer. Of course he could also be a complete nut case, and his mental health will likely not be improved by any potential meetings with his undead mother...

Not sure about Darry as new LP though, the only remaining Darrys that we are aware of are women married to Freys. There has been a bastard mentioned, but that's about all we know about him.

Jaime did not actually have anything to do with planning the RW, and he really does seem to be trying to keep his vow to Cat - he hasn't taken up arms, and he is trying to return Sansa, via Brienne. The trick is going to be convincing LSH of that though...

But Brienne is not that important even if Cat pardons her, I would certanly ditch her for alliance with Stannis. Dany would certanly not support their cause, she hates Ned and I guess Hoster isnt much better in her eyes. With Aegon there are some chances, but I doubt they are huge.

Rickon, yes. But the problem is strength, some knees will have to be bent. Starks may keep Kingdom in the North, but it is impossible to happen in Riverlands. Northmen are weak, wildling dont give a damn about Riverlands, Riverlords are even weaker so they dont have the men to maintain their Kingdom. Especially if they fight Tyrells, Golden company and Unsullied+Dothraki. If Stannis lives I see him as most likely option. I am convinced there is at least one male Darry alive. Jaime did not, but Cat heard that he sent his regards via sword to the heart of her boy, if she knows the truth she might and certanly should change her mind.

Well, there's these three large pies in the pantry at Winterfell, if you want a late night snack... Then there are the guests who were present when Manderley first served those very popular pies. 

Winterfell has actually been stuffed for a while with Boltons, Freys, and others that LS would just love to see again. 

Oh, pies. I see their heads on spikes pretty soon. No way they defeat Mannis.

The Blackfish would be crucial to the resistance. As the captain of Robb's outriders, Robb's movements toward Riverrun were not noticed as all of the Lannister scouts were not able to notify anyone, as you know, they were dead.

With his help, they would probably have an easier time monitoring enemy troop movements, as well as efficiently moving larger groups of fighters than the BWB had previously.

As for LP, that is probably up for grabs, with whoever provides the most help to the king ends up in power.

This.

Lady Stoneheart (I hate abreviations) will hang Jeyne, Roslin, Edmure or whoever she "thinks" is related to or is a direct cause of Robb's death, or his family (I mean Sansa, Arya, Robb, Bran, Rickon and Ned. not her Tully side) breakdown. I don't see her thinking grey. I don't see her reasoning with anyone, nor she cares to. Brienne was Cat's shield for a while and she almost hangs her (not to mention she almost hanged a kid). When Cat was killed, she went balistic, and I think that's a clue in understanding Stoneheart's behavior. She lost it before she died. So yeah, I think she'll try to kill Jeyne and will threaten the Blackfish if he dares to interfere.

I could see her hanging Roslin (whose life expectancy must be pretty limited anyway), but she has no reason to hang Edmure or Jeyne.

13 hours ago, dariopatke said:

But Brienne is not that important even if Cat pardons her, I would certanly ditch her for alliance with Stannis. Dany would certanly not support their cause, she hates Ned and I guess Hoster isnt much better in her eyes. With Aegon there are some chances, but I doubt they are huge.

Rickon, yes. But the problem is strength, some knees will have to be bent. Starks may keep Kingdom in the North, but it is impossible to happen in Riverlands. Northmen are weak, wildling dont give a damn about Riverlands, Riverlords are even weaker so they dont have the men to maintain their Kingdom. Especially if they fight Tyrells, Golden company and Unsullied+Dothraki. If Stannis lives I see him as most likely option. I am convinced there is at least one male Darry alive. Jaime did not, but Cat heard that he sent his regards via sword to the heart of her boy, if she knows the truth she might and certanly should change her mind.

Oh, pies. I see their heads on spikes pretty soon. No way they defeat Mannis.

This.

She's important if she kills him... 

22 hours ago, Maxxine said:

Well she didn't have reason to hang to Brienne, Pod, or Hyle but she still did it. Plus if BwB found out found out about the pardon her family got, that's enough of a link to the RW and Robb's demise for her to find reason even if it's not Jeyne's fault. We know from Brienne's pov she's not thinking reasonably. But if BF is there I agree he wouldn't allow it. Maybe he kills her or gets the Brotherhood to listen to sense. Assuming she doesn't try to hang him too.

But question: How do you kill LS since she's already dead? I know Beric was brought back too and was enough human that you could kill him again. But LS seems more gone than Beric ever was. Is that going to make a difference?

Yes she did. All evidence pointed to Brienne having broken her oath, and seeking Sansa for the Crown. We know that is not true, but that is at odds with the evidence Lady Stoneheart had befor her.

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yes she did. All evidence pointed to Brienne having broken her oath, and seeking Sansa for the Crown. We know that is not true, but that is at odds with the evidence Lady Stoneheart had befor her.

No she didn't. Catelyn knew Brienne's nature, how loyal and honest she is, that's why she took her in her service. At the "trial", Brienne swore that she had not forsaken her oath, that Jaime's nature had changed, that she was still trying to find Sansa and Arya to keep them safe.

LS's response: "I don't give a shit. Kill Jaime or die". She doesn't even seem to care about her daughters anymore. I think it's clear that all of Catelyn's good characteristics have gone away, and only vengeance is left. Never mind that she doesn't have nearly enough military power to threaten the Freys and Boltons, except to hang some of their poor foot-soldiers.

This isn't aimed at you, but I hate how some people are trying to defend the indefensible LS. She's 100% wrong and 100% evil. She hangs people without trial and at random. She needs to die and stay dead.

3 minutes ago, Rattenhoofd said:

No she didn't. Catelyn knew Brienne's nature, how loyal and honest she is, that's why she took her in her service. At the "trial", Brienne swore that she had not forsaken her oath, that Jaime's nature had changed, that she was still trying to find Sansa and Arya to keep them safe.

LS's response: "I don't give a shit. Kill Jaime or die". She doesn't even seem to care about her daughters anymore. I think it's clear that all of Catelyn's good characteristics have gone away, and only vengeance is left. Never mind that she doesn't have nearly enough military power to threaten the Freys and Boltons, except to hang some of their poor foot-soldiers.

This isn't aimed at you, but I hate how some people are trying to defend the indefensible LS. She's 100% wrong and 100% evil. She hangs people without trial and at random. She needs to die and stay dead.

She carried a Lannister sword, Lannister gold, and a Lannister decree giving her authority as she is on the "King's business" and is reported as having cried out for Jaime in her unconscious state. Pretty damning evidence when compared to mere testimony of Brienne to the contrary.

And the implication of the orphanage at the Inn is that LS does care about her children - she was seeking Arya.

And she has not hanged anyone randomly that we know of. Pod is probably the most questionable, but given his apparent status as an enemy combatant, that doesn't really make him any different than, say, all the foot soldiers the Brotherhood hanged under Beric.

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

And she has not hanged anyone randomly that we know of. Pod is probably the most questionable, but given his apparent status as an enemy combatant, that doesn't really make him any different than, say, all the foot soldiers the Brotherhood hanged under Beric.

Especially if Pod is known to have been Tyrion's squire - Lady Stoneheart cannot have kind thoughts towards Tyrion, as he promised Catelyn he would return her daughters in exchange for Jaime, and instead he married one of them...

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

She carried a Lannister sword, Lannister gold, and a Lannister decree giving her authority as she is on the "King's business" and is reported as having cried out for Jaime in her unconscious state. Pretty damning evidence when compared to mere testimony of Brienne to the contrary.

And the implication of the orphanage at the Inn is that LS does care about her children - she was seeking Arya.

LS does have a lot of faith in Brienne's word, since she's prepared to release her for just the promise of killing Jaime. Why not give the same importance to the fact that Brienne, known to be loyal and honest, swears that Jaime is changed and she is still trying to find and protect Sansa and Arya? Because LS doesn't care about any of that, and is only interested in killing people. It's true she doesn't hang people completely at random, but she does hang every single soldier she meets, no matter where they come from or who they fight for, which in my book is just a bad as killing smallfolk. The Brotherhood under Beric was just as bad, except they were also trying to help the smallfolk and at least gave their captured some form of a trial.

Archived