Sand Snakes Staying in King's Landing

robdavies1775

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Are you talking about the plot line with Dany meeting up with the Greyjoys or are you being sarcastic about the whole Dorne stuff?

If it's the former, then there is possibility for Dany to have Dorne and the Tyrells on her side and the show already deviated from the book, so why not. If the show gonna go for a full ice vs fire battle since they omitted Aegon; Jon with the North, Riverlands, and Vale on his side; and Dany with Dorne, Tyrells, and Greyjoys on her side.

Both. I do think the iron Born are going to do something and Dorne is just going to go after the Lannisters, which is always a good thing. In the books, he (Doran) had reasons for not jumping in earlier but on the show, Everyone was fighting the Lannisters and certainly before the Reach joined them, what was he waiting for?

3 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Both. I do think the iron Born are going to do something and Dorne is just going to go after the Lannisters, which is always a good thing. In the books, he (Doran) had reasons for not jumping in earlier but on the show, Everyone was fighting the Lannisters and certainly before the Reach joined them, what was he waiting for?

I think nothing since the show demoted him to a pacifist and an ineffective ruler. Doesn't matter now that Ellaria is in charge and she will be the one to do the "Fire and Blood" speech, unfortunately.

Just now, The Arthur Smith said:

I think nothing since the show demoted him to a pacifist and an ineffective ruler. Doesn't matter now that Ellaria is in charge and she will be the one to do the "Fire and Blood" speech, unfortunately.

Well yes, with the show, anything is possible now. Dorne was the most quiet of all of the off season spoilers so this was a complete shock.

I think the Sandsnakes are staying in KL. That's probably the only real plotpoint D+D decided to keep from the book Dorne plot. Everything else is near unrecognizable so I have to believe that Sandsnakes in KL are going to have an actual effect on the story. Otherwise they could have done all of this in Dorne and just had Jaime and Bronn escape with Mycella's body. If they used Jaime's jetpack to get to KL, it is likely that there is something from the books that happens that D+D want or need to happen in the show in some modified form.

I'm expecting that they ATTEMPT to assassinate Cersei and f*ck it all up and Tommen or someone else gets killed mistakenly; then they immediately get cut down by the Mountain. It'll be some murder gone wrong, and they'll be taken out immediately after because the story won't need them any longer.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:13 PM, robdavies1775 said:

Perhaps Obara and Nym are staying in King's Landing to fulfil the roles of Nym and Tyene in The Winds of Winter... Perhaps with Obara on the small council and Nymeria infiltrating the Faith. 

Presumably they have a role to play in King's Landing given the way aDoD ended and since they're there now they may as well stay.

What does the book have to do with this?

They were last scene on a ship that was heading away from KL. 

My guess is that they disappear for 8 episodes before showing up with varys and tyrion. 

1 minute ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

What does the book have to do with this?

They were last scene on a ship that was heading away from KL. 

My guess is that they disappear for 8 episodes before showing up with varys and tyrion. 

But then that puts Dany, Varys, Tyrion, "Yara" and her IB fleet, AND the Sand Snakes all in Essos?  That will be terribly difficult to navigate all those plot threads and kind of weird to move so many people to Essos when presumably she sails for Westeros in ep. 10.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

But then that puts Dany, Varys, Tyrion, "Yara" and her IB fleet, AND the Sand Snakes all in Essos?  That will be terribly difficult to navigate all those plot threads and kind of weird to move so many people to Essos when presumably she sails for Westeros in ep. 10.

how is that difficult? dany story this season will end by the time she gets back with tyrion.

Tyrion, Varys, Yara, SS, and etc all want her to get back to westeros"hey dany this town is wrecked, you go a horde now that needs to attack things, the ironborn are here and we can get to westeros now after our fleet burned, and we got a two footholds in westeros now!! Conquest staying in this dying city?" 

This season end with dany on a boat towards westeros to get people hyped for next season. 

12 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

This season end with dany on a boat towards westeros to get people hyped for next season. 

Agree with this.  Not sure how the rest of it shakes out though.  A Varys/Dorne possible connection is intriguing though.

Archived