Episode 4 title leaked

Clash

On May 10, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Aegonzo The Great said:

The meaning of the title was alluded to in the last episode, when the Waif was asking Arya about her list of people to kill. The Book of the Stranger is the book of people the Faceless Men have been ordered to kill, their "hit list", if you will.

Arya will be allowed to pursue her personal vendettas and add her names to the Book of yhe Stranger if she first agrees to kill someone else that the House of Black and White has in the book. It could be someone like Gendry (maybe the Lannisters paid the Faceless Men to help hunt down Robert's bastards?) or someone like King Tommen, who knows.

I think Arya will "graduate" by killing the Waif (Thus the Waif asking "That's a short list. That can't be everyone you want to kill. Are you sure you aren't forgetting someone?")

And, yeah, pretty sure the Hound appears this episode, since they mentioned him last episode as well.

Where is there anything written about the titular Book of the Stranger? I cannot see how it applies here.

On 14.5.2016 at 2:51 AM, jbob said:

Stranger is death right? So the title could also be The Book of the Dead/Death. Out of curiosity I looked up The Book of the Dead (on Wikipedia) which is an Egyptian text that I heard about. And just scanning through it brought up some interesting things in connection with Bran and Jon:

^ Jon died and will be reunited with his dead father Rhaegar. In knowledge at least if not in life.

^ Could be easily described about Bran. He's learning to control the world around him. And he's being guided around by 3ER.

you just convinced me ;)

34 minutes ago, The Giver said:

The high septon and margaery talked about the book of the strsnger, that was it.

Ah, that was it. Obscure in extremis. Does that mean the passing mention will become significant later - eg. Marge will reflect on it and join the Faith Militant? I can see that happening, and soon.

Archived