Episode 4 title leaked

Clash

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And Episode 5 is called "The Door", apparently

Damn, we are failing our episode titles prediction so badly. I would be surprise if none of our predictions get correct, including ones with Family Duty Honor, Winds of Winter, Promise, or something similar.

4 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Damn, we are failing our episode titles prediction so badly. I would be surprise if none of our predictions get correct, including ones with Family Duty Honor, Winds of Winter, Promise, or something similar.

Winds of Winter it's still a possibility I think. Like A Dance of Dragons. 

Just one thing, a few people have commented a link between the stranger and the many faced god as they both involve death.

The Stranger is known (from ADWD) to be one of the many "faces" of the many faced god. We know this from the fact that there is a statue of the stranger in the house of black and white.

At a guess, not to different from what a lot of other people have surmised, i would think this episode is going to focus on death or resurrection, possibly involving Arya.

On 4/30/2016 at 2:58 PM, MGraham said:

Just one thing, a few people have commented a link between the stranger and the many faced god as they both involve death.

The Stranger is known (from ADWD) to be one of the many "faces" of the many faced god. We know this from the fact that there is a statue of the stranger in the house of black and white.

At a guess, not to different from what a lot of other people have surmised, i would think this episode is going to focus on death or resurrection, possibly involving Arya.

I came here to post this. This is going to be a big Arya episode, perhaps she "graduates" and learns about the Book Of The Stranger, which is a list of people that are to be killed by the House Of Black And White. Maybe she adds some of her own names to the book......Although, not many left outside of Cersei.

11 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

I came here to post this. This is going to be a big Arya episode, perhaps she "graduates" and learns about the Book Of The Stranger, which is a list of people that are to be killed by the House Of Black And White. Maybe she adds some of her own names to the book......Although, not many left outside of Cersei.

The only big thing i can think of in Arya's plot is the Braavos play. The show cast a huge members of the Mummer's play, so i'm expecting this could be the part where it prompt Arya to return back to Westeros and maybe kill the Waif.

I like the thought of episode 4 being a big Arya episode. Isn't this the first episode where the theatre troupe is to be introduced? Or is that episode 5? Also we have the behind the scenes of Jaqen taking a face off of a person, which should come before Arya is with the theatre troupe if I am guessing Arya's storyline correctly from filming posts/pictures/trailers... Book of the Stranger - Stranger is a god of death = Arya essentially. I guess we'll find out soon...

On 4/29/2016 at 5:22 PM, RadSam said:

I've had another thought. It could be about The Hound.

I believe it will be The Hound as well.  He will have escaped death and if in hiding, he would be a "Stranger."  I don't know, I just immediately associated the name with the Hound.  It could also be Arya's tale too.  They both fit. 

The meaning of the title was alluded to in the last episode, when the Waif was asking Arya about her list of people to kill. The Book Of The Stranger is the book of people the Faceless Men have been ordered to kill, their "hit list", if you will.

Arya will be allowed to pursue her personal vendettas and add her names to the Book Of The Stranger if she first agrees to kill someone else that the House Of Black And White has in the book. It could be someone like Gendry (maybe the Lannisters paid the Faceless Men to help hunt down Robert's bastards?) or someone like King Tommen, who knows.

I think Arya will "graduate" by killing the Waif (Thus the Waif asking "That's a short list. That can't be everyone you want to kill. Are you sure you aren't forgetting someone?")

And, yeah, pretty sure The Hound appears this episode, since they mentioned him last episode as well.

Stranger is death right? So the title could also be The Book of the Dead/Death. Out of curiosity I looked up The Book of the Dead (on Wikipedia) which is an Egyptian text that I heard about. And just scanning through it brought up some interesting things in connection with Bran and Jon:

The original Egyptian name for the text, transliterated rw nw prt m hrw is translated as Book of Coming Forth by Day.  Another translation would be Book of Emerging Forth into the Light.

The purpose of the Pyramid Texts was to help the dead King take his place amongst the gods, in particular to reunite him with his divine father Ra

^ Jon died and will be reunited with his dead father Rhaegar. In knowledge at least if not in life.

Some are intended to give the deceased mystical knowledge in the afterlife, or perhaps to identify them with the gods,,,Others are incantations to ensure the different elements of the dead person's being were preserved and reunited, and to give the deceased control over the world around him. Still others protect the deceased from various hostile forces, or guide him through the underworld past various obstacles.

^ Could be easily described about Bran. He's learning to control the world around him. And he's being guided around by 3ER.

Chapters 1–16 The deceased enters the tomb, descends to the underworld, and the body regains its powers of movement and speech.

Chapters 17–63 Explanation of the mythic origin of the gods and places, the deceased are made to live again so that they may arise, reborn, with the morning sun.

Archived