Rickon is the Ghost of Winterfell.......

stu gots

12 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

It's not a plothole. Rickon went to the Umbers. The Umbers are facing a potential wildling invasion they can't fend off on their own. They need to get Winterfell on their side, but Winterfell is in Ramsay's hands. So either they remain Stark loyalists and see their lands savaged, or they sacrifice Rickon in order to save their lands.

I don't like it. But it doesn't mean it's a plothole. And even if Rickon were to turn into the Ghost of Winterfell, we're deluding ourselves if we believe he'll survive this season.

Damn. At this point, I think we're deluding ourselves if we believe a Stark will ever kill Ramsay.

Well, I think it's quite rocky for the Umbers to offer loyalty to the Boltons AFTER Roose's death. 

As for Rickon, I don't care too much. He can die as far as I'm concerned. 

I think the Ghost of Winterfell is a book thing. How sure you are that there will be a Ghost of Winterfell.

I think Ramsey will play his favorite game with Osha - by hunting her with his hounds and she will make a mincemeat of of them. But still doesn't guarantee her survival. 

Rickon is a dead boy walking. Ramsey will keep him alive (till ep 9) and use him as a hostage and a threat for pink letter to Jon/Sansa which would prompt them to start seeking their own alliances. I am pretty sure that Sansa/Davos will not move till that pink letter prompts them to act quickly to try to save Rickon.

18 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

The Umbers are facing a potential wildling invasion they can't fend off on their own.

Not an invasion.  Send a raven/emissary to John Snow.  "Yo whats up with those wildlings?"  

And furthermore when did the Umbers get WesterosiTwitter and know the wildlings were through the wall?  

Holes are holes.  D$D "We wanted to see it, so it made sense creatively."  Or whatever the exact quote is.  

19 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Ramsay can't make an heir without Sansa's actual vagina, which he has no access to at present.

He needs Rickon for bait to get Sansa back. 

And where would you suggest that Ramsay send that pink letter, if he wants it to go to Jon?

I have no doubt Jon will eventually know.... as will Sansa. But Rickon is worth way more alive at this point. 

Well Jon is going to go SOMEWHERE. Hes not going to roam the hillside forever. You would assume someone would be able to track a large Wildling host.

He doesnt have her at the moment. No. But obviously his goal is to get her back.

Why does he need Rickon to get Sansa back? How does Rickon need to be alive in any shape or form for him to be bait? A finger is a finger. From a corpse or not. Send the Direwolfs head, spread the word about Rickon, he doesnt need to be alive for him to be bait.

20 hours ago, Rickon Stark The Aulë said:

And why do people keep giving D&D shit, yeah I understand dorne was shit but you can't expect a perfect writing when these guys have been non-stop writing/directing/working excluding all the family time ALL YEAR LONG SINCE 2011

Most of the writing has been taken care of for them. Theyve literally had to copy paste it. People are giving D&D shit because when faced with original content, its been content that has not made sense or has been cringeworthy. Dorne is not the only example of this. The dialogue is a perfect example, watch how it changes throughout the seasons and slowly turns from fantasy/medieval to current world dick and fart jokes. Mereen and Kings Landing have both suffered for it.

Just because theyve been doing it for a long time, is no excuse for it to slip. it is their job. They get PAID to do this. They arent doing it out of the kindness of their heart.

On 10/05/2016 at 8:44 PM, A Dance with Davos said:

Been a while since I read ADWD, but I thought the Ghost In Winterfell was referring to Theon and it's the Hooded Man and his group of Washerwomen killing everyone? 

Anyway. I highly doubt it. Someone mentioned above they seem set on only having Bran warg. Not only that, but it'd be a terrible idea. If they were in a forest it could work. Warging and picking off random people, but they are inside Winterfell with a lot of people around. Shaggy would be dead meat straight away. How could they possible hide him from anyone?  As soon as he is spotted he gets shot down by a bunch of archers. 

I think there is a better chance of Stannis playing this role, but I don't think that's happening either. 

:wub: stannis, that would be amazing, if only 

Archived