Episode Synopsis

So this is the first topic I'm starting, so sorry if this has already been discussed, but as I'm looking on my tv, the episode has a synopsis that I haven't seen before:

Sansa confronts Littlefinger about what he knew of Ramsay's intentions; Arya gets an opportunity to prove herself; Bran is transported to a dangerous place; Tyrion envisions an unusual alliance; Brienne undertakes an important new mission.

So, first things first, how the heck did Littlefinger get all the way to the wall so fast? Does that mean the entire Vale army is already up there? 

Arya's opportunity to prove herself has to be the theater troupe thing, no?

Bran, as we know from the trailer, has a vision of the Night's King. I'm thinking that because of the trailer and because of the description, we aren't gonna be seeing the rest of the ToJ scene, we'll probably have to wait until Blood of My Blood.

Tyrion alliance is obviously with the new Red Priestess.

And what do you think Brienne's new mission is gonna be? Is it going to be something with retaking Winterfell or do you think she is going to head south to the riverlands like she does in the books?

Arya / Bran / Tyrion - Yep.

Not sure on Brienne. Could be Riverlands to tie into book. I half suspect she'll be sent somewhere with Tormund.. North of the Wall perhaps?

I'm over the whole 'getting round Westeros quickly' thing. We could have drawn out travelling scenes, or we could just gloss over it. Characters gotta be where characters gotta be. I doubt he's there with the entire army though. He does travel places alone quite alot, which explains his super-quick travelling times slightly.

LF's teleportation ring is beyond a joke :rolleyes:

For the rest:

Arya - theatre troupe, yes - maybe the FM send her on a mission to assassinate of the the members. 

This appears to relate to an exciting extract of TWOW GRRM's released. I won't spoil it.

Bran and Tyrion - as you say.

Brienne - I think to the Riverlands. I'd like her to run into Lady Stoneheart but I think that's too hopeful. But she might still be there when Jaime rocks up in 2 or 3 weeks' time - that would be most interesting.

16 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Brienne - I think to the Riverlands. I'd like her to run into Lady Stoneheart but I think that's too hopeful. But she might still be there when Jaime rocks up in 2 or 3 weeks' time - that would be most interesting.

Could her task be to discretely invite Northern houses in support of Jon and Sansa?

2 minutes ago, Magog said:

Could her task be to discretely invite Northern houses in support of Jon and Sansa?

Riverland houses (the Tullys) - yes. Problem is they're being besieged by the damned Frey - in the books anyway. Jaime need to rock up to negotiate a peace.

Brienne is going South, either to recruit House Tully or search for Arya. The season trailer shows Pod in a camp of red tents (Lannister), so I would  assume its to recruit House Tully. I think its a silly idea that she would be sent to House Tully. Everyone in the realm has heard about the Red Wedding so they would know Edmure is a hostage.

Brienne is being sent by Sansa to go to the Riverlands to look for Arya 100%. Brienne is the last person that has seen her on westerosi soil, she knows what Arya looks like and Arya knows that Brienne swore an oath to Cat. So maybe this time round if/when she sees Arya and says she fights for Lady Sansa and Jon, then Arya will want to go home. At the end of season 4 Arya asked the captain of the ship if he would go to the wall; she wanted to go and be with Jon and if she knows that Brienne can take her safely on up to her older sister and half brother/cousin who she idolizes she will go in a heartbeat.

Tyrion - yes meets/makes a new acquintance with Kinvara (Have a feeling this may be the boring scene from this episode)

I think from the trailer it is easily deducible that Arya's chance to prove herself is a do-over by going to kill someone, hence Jaqen handing her a bottle which looks like poison. 

Bran - You only state about his vision with the Night's king! There is confirmation of two more visions within this episode! One, of a group of COTF in a green setting so obviously during summer. (I.e in the past). Also, he is in the courtyard at Winterfell in a vision again in this episode!

So obviously rules out ToJ 2.0 unfortunately haha.

Other scenes within this episode will include Dany talking to Jorah/Daario about something and probably a shit scene with the high sparrow in KL. Not to mention the kingsmoot will be in this episode also! All hail king Euron, king of the Iron islands-_-

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

Riverland houses (the Tullys) - yes. Problem is they're being besieged by the damned Frey - in the books anyway. Jaime need to rock up to negotiate a peace.

With or without Jaime, Edmure is a prisoner of Lannister-Frey alliance. No, I think Brienne will go to Northern houses to win their support and will somehow meet Blackfish. 

Seany2512

Going out to search for Arya? That would make Sansa as stupid as her mother in terms of the Game. No wins there, just a huge risk of losing her very valuable sworn sword. Sansa and Jon need to win support of the North, first.

Sir Davos & Melisandre know of the brothers without banners.

Perhaps together with Brienne & Pod they go out in search of them as well as trying to win northern houses along the way to the cause?

But i'd like Tormund to go too & recruit wildlings along the way ...and of course get closer to Brienne.. 

Very very interesting that the synopsis says "Bran is transported to a dangerous place". 'Transported' is the key word here which means that 3EC transported him there... I was always under the impression that he went rogue like a cocky teenager in which case it would be "Bran transports to a dangerous place". Since Bran is "transported" 3EC should be there somewhere shouldn't he?

31 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Very very interesting that the synopsis says "Bran is transported to a dangerous place". 'Transported' is the key word here which means that 3EC transported him there... I was always under the impression that he went rogue like a cocky teenager in which case it would be "Bran transports to a dangerous place". Since Bran is "transported" 3EC should be there somewhere shouldn't he?

Maybe Bran is brought there and when it's time to go he figures out a way to like fight off the 3EC and gets stuck in a dangerous situation.

16 hours ago, Alex, Third of His Name said:

So, first things first, how the heck did Littlefinger get all the way to the wall so fast? Does that mean the entire Vale army is already up there?

The season is only 10 episodes, if each time a character travels we pause his story for 1 or 2 episodes we will not see any progression in the whole season,I like teleportation devices because the story more interesting the whole time, I think that he will come alone without the Vale army just to discuss Ramsay, plans and preparations for the war to come

22 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

The season is only 10 episodes, if each time a character travels we pause his story for 1 or 2 episodes we will not see any progression in the whole season,I like teleportation devices because the story more interesting the whole time, I think that he will come alone without the Vale army just to discuss Ramsay, plans and preparations for the war to come

Yeah, I'm really not overly concerned with the travel time. I am more wondering if he came with the army or if the army is behind him. I'm betting he comes alone first to like gauge the situation.

Am I the only one who wonders how Dany will react to all that Tyrion has done in her name?  Putting off emancipation for 7 years (I'm assuming he pulled the number based on the Westerosi obsession with the number 7), making deals with her enemies, alienating Grey Worm and Missendei and her people, it just doesn't seem like it's what Dany had authorized if indeed she authorized anything.  Also now he has Varys who Dany knows was at least in on the plots to kill her, it all just seems like a quick ticket to exile (if they're lucky) or the executioner now that Dany has shown that she can be a stone cold killer.

2 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

Am I the only one who wonders how Dany will react to all that Tyrion has done in her name?  Putting off emancipation for 7 years (I'm assuming he pulled the number based on the Westerosi obsession with the number 7), making deals with her enemies, alienating Grey Worm and Missendei and her people, it just doesn't seem like it's what Dany had authorized if indeed she authorized anything.  Also now he has Varys who Dany knows was at least in on the plots to kill her, it all just seems like a quick ticket to exile (if they're lucky) or the executioner now that Dany has shown that she can be a stone cold killer.

Lol yeah, Dany chops Tyrions head off - ya heard it here first, folks. 

Come on. 

8 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

On the contrary, I think she'll be very happy with Tyrion's negotiations. Missandei will be more than dismayed however, and attempt to assassinate her. The ex-slaves won't accept it either and there will be a massive bloody revolt and Dany will simply fly away - she's lost interest in her earlier ideal now.

Archived