Who has Dark Sister now?

With the presumed death of the Three Eyed Raven, who many presume to be Brynden Rivers, who has Dark Sister?

There are only about a dozen Valyrian Steel blades and Dark Sister was one of the ones that was "lost" when Brynden Rivers disappeared (he was the last one to have it).

So who has it now? Meera? Is it lost for good... and, more importantly, why wasn't it used to save Hodor?! :(

EDIT:

The reason I ask, is that I DO think the Valyrian Blades, and those that wield them, will have an important role to play as this story closes.

On May 24, 2016 at 0:26 PM, Hodor of House Hodor said:

With the presumed death of the Three Eyed Raven, who many presume to be Brynden Rivers, who has Dark Sister?

There are only about a dozen Valyrian Steel blades and Dark Sister was one of the ones that was "lost" when Brynden Rivers disappeared (he was the last one to have it).

So who has it now? Meera? Is it lost for good... and, more importantly, why wasn't it used to save Hodor?! :(

EDIT:

The reason I ask, is that I DO think the Valyrian Blades, and those that wield them, will have an important role to play as this story closes.

Good question. Unfortunately Dark Sister has never been mentioned in the show or did Arya mention it once?  I can't remember.  Blackfyre hasn't been mentioned either.  I may be wrong on both though. Both may still make an appearance in the books though. 

Good question.

I don't know if Dark Sister has been mentioned in the show. Few swords have.

I think it would be interesting if Meera has it--I mean, didn't she kill a White Walker when escaping with Bran? Or was it just a regular Wight? It looked more like a White Walker to me...

It shattered but maybe it's just the obsidian? Didn't get a good view.

More likely it's not in the series, but I hope it'll make an appearance in the books.

Book Bloodraven is better than show Bloodraven. Mainly because asthetic. 

54 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Good question.

I don't know if Dark Sister has been mentioned in the show. Few swords have.

I think it would be interesting if Meera has it--I mean, didn't she kill a White Walker when escaping with Bran? Or was it just a regular Wight? It looked more like a White Walker to me...

It shattered but maybe it's just the obsidian? Didn't get a good view.

More likely it's not in the series, but I hope it'll make an appearance in the books.

Book Bloodraven is better than show Bloodraven. Mainly because asthetic. 

it was a WW she killed it with an obsidian tipped spear

Just now, tormund's beard said:

it was a WW she killed it with an obsidian tipped spear

I figured. Looked more spear-like.

I couldn't see the scene properly. My sister (who is on Season 2) was in front of me screaming WHAT THE FUCK over and over again.

It was really annoying.

I got the feeling that the show 3ER isn't Bloodraven. Even with the 1,000 eyes and one line from a few seasons back, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that he had been in the cave for over a thousand years sometime this season. (I apologize if I'm remembering this wrong, but I don't know the exact scene.) Book Bloodraven is a lot older than the average human, but he wasn't 1,000.

1 hour ago, Aedam Targaryen said:

I got the feeling that the show 3ER isn't Bloodraven. Even with the 1,000 eyes and one line from a few seasons back, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that he had been in the cave for over a thousand years sometime this season. (I apologize if I'm remembering this wrong, but I don't know the exact scene.) Book Bloodraven is a lot older than the average human, but he wasn't 1,000.

Yes, I tend to agree. In the show 3ER said that he had been waiting for Bran for over a thousand years, so he couldn't be Brynden Rivers, who I don't think has ever been mentioned in the show. One possibility that might get around this seeming discrepancy, however, is that at the end of this episode, 3ER says to Bran that it is "time for you to become me". So, it could be the case that the 3ER has been waiting for Bran for over a thousand years, but that a succession of different people have become 3ER during that time, with Bloodraven being the current incumbent.

But overall I think you are probably right - I don't think that show 3ER is Brynden Rivers, so Dark Sister wouldn't come into it.

Archived