Euron words are wind. But winds fill sails MAJOR SPOILERS TWOW included but it's hidden

Knowing how marting likes to poach stuff from other books almost to the letter (including his earlier stuff, and often as a parody), what I see happening is Euron simply getting arrowed through the head and getting himself unceremoniously killed, either in the coming battle or (more likely) in a subsequent attempt to pillage Oldtown. Something hugely similar happened in A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay, and if ever there was a poetic way of killing a megalomaniac it's that. Gets arrow to face, falls overboard, drowns, RIP.

Also, that seems to be what happens to any overly ambitious Greyjoy, Euron's just really good at selling himself as "the real deal". He very likely isn't, and he's been chugging that Shade of the Evening so much his lips have turned blue. It never made Warlocks properly dangerous, did it? What's the most realistic thing that could happen to a guy who's doped up to the gills and thinks he's god?

I just hope that Euron won't be getting an arrow through his eye by Sam. Seriously, Sam would get too much credit despite being the self-proclaimed coward. It'll be a huge letdown if a potential major villain would be gone like that.

Then again, we have at least two potential persons who might become Euron's downfall: Theon and Sam. Theon with the story of Torgon the Latecomer with Euron as Urrathon Badbrother, Sam for all the buildup with Sarelas and his archery training. Maybe Dany with the story of how Aegon the Conqueror burned Black Harren as another possiblity for Euron's ultimate fate.

But seriously, no fatty Sam the Slayer plz! I'd really hate it! Although I doubt Euron would be down like that. Moqorro saw Euron in the fire and since I haven't seen any genuine prophetic vision of the future can be prevented, I believe Moqorro and co. will fail hard to prevent Euron's meeting with Dany.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:40 AM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

My biggest thought of the whole chapter and that's saying something. Not only is a godless man sitting the Seastone Chair.... A godless man has the drowned god's blessing while sitting the Seastone Chair. Will he survive being tied to the ship? 

I think he'll survive since it seems like he's our eyes on Euron, who I agree seems to be the next serious antagonist or at least the next serious human antagonist. It would make a lot of sense for him to not only be a villain in the game of thrones part of the story with what he's doing now in the Reach but also a main threat in the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 part as well, which would help to tie this those two arcs together in a more satisfying way than, "The throne is mine by right, and I will never stop fighting this war until I take what is mi--...Huh, it just got dark and there's snow and it's super cold and...Holy Shit, it's an army of millions of dead people! Save us heroes from the north! We'll admit snarks were real now!"  

The other two chapters that come to mind as being as heavy on magic, prophetic imagery and godly/supernatural power are Dany's House of the Undying and Bran's Cave Training, so it seems in line that Euron will be part of the magical endgame plot. I honestly love the idea of Euron Crow's Eye vs 3-Eyed Bran (his crows can't help but make me think of the 3EC). Maybe he really wants to be Night's King 2.0 married to a dragon queen to rule ice and fire as some kind of super-god? 

I never really got into Damphair's story in Feast and would have easily said I didn't care if he died quickly in TWOW before reading this, but he better not die after one damn chapter now, especially not a chapter that was so damn good its rough outline had me captivated and managed to make me give a shit what happens to him.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:01 AM, Curled Finger said:

I laughed out loud reading this.   We are a bunch of sickos, aren't we?  What otherwise sane, responsible and civil-minded group of people sharing a common interest would want to see this and call it fun!   I suddenly don't feel so chaotic neutral anymore.   

This isn't even my final form.

Also, this god damn topic. I think I'm gonna pull up a chair.

On 6/13/2016 at 2:35 AM, Macgregor of the North said:

That shit must be devastating to the Damphair.

At least he's got a front row seat.

Why are people opposed to the idea of Euron getting handled by Sam?

Many deaths in the books (most?) were, when you look at it, really stupid and quite appropriate in their stupidity. Here's your five kings and a bunch more: 

Spoiler

Joff practically choked on something he drank. He was poisoned, sure, but it wasn't as part of anything climactic, it's not terribly clear who exactly poisoned him (or you have to look closely). Renly got assassinated without having done anything while he had the biggest army around - he didn't even FAIL at anything, he just was and then suddenly he wasn't. Balon essentially "fell off a horse", for all practical purposes. Robb got stabbed at a wedding - sure it was well written and cool, but, err, it sure looked like his badassery and army and, like, the whole entire story up to that point more or less, was going to mean something, but no, dude got knifed by some other dude, pretty much - thousands of pages about that guy, and many other people connected to that guy, and many other people reacting to that guy and the threat of that guy - yeah, it meant nothing, he got knifed at a wedding because of something he did offscreen. Not that different than with Renly, tbh, except you didn't read three books about what Renly and his family are doing just to have him drop dead without even having a say in it. Tywin himself couldn't believe what ended up killing him, and that was the more dynamic part where he actually god shot by his son (he couldn't believe that would ever happen it was so ridiculous), which "saved" him from... dying offscreen while sitting on a toilet. Oberyn? He came, he had a duel, he won, he died the most pointless and avoidable death ever. Imagine if Bron killed that knight in the Eyerie duel and then after the guy was dead, Bron tripped and fell through the moon door. That's about how lame the average death in Westeros (or abroad) is.

Why would Euron be any different? He's the biggest windbag, dopped up to the gills, thinks he's god and is tempting fate in every way imaginable. Getting offed by the most pathetic enemy ever would serve him right. Anything else would be lame, when you think about it - Euron deserves a death worth a groan, not a song.

The other kind of deaths, the more gross, memorable, climactic or downright sadistic, tend to happen offscreen, and I don't think he's going to die offscreen.

6 hours ago, sarah.jenice said:

I think he'll survive since it seems like he's our eyes on Euron, who I agree seems to be the next serious antagonist or at least the next serious human antagonist. It would make a lot of sense for him to not only be a villain in the game of thrones part of the story with what he's doing now in the Reach but also a main threat in the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 part as well, which would help to tie this those two arcs together in a more satisfying way than, "The throne is mine by right, and I will never stop fighting this war until I take what is mi--...Huh, it just got dark and there's snow and it's super cold and...Holy Shit, it's an army of millions of dead people! Save us heroes from the north! We'll admit snarks were real now!"  

The other two chapters that come to mind as being as heavy on magic, prophetic imagery and godly/supernatural power are Dany's House of the Undying and Bran's Cave Training, so it seems in line that Euron will be part of the magical endgame plot. I honestly love the idea of Euron Crow's Eye vs 3-Eyed Bran (his crows can't help but make me think of the 3EC). Maybe he really wants to be Night's King 2.0 married to a dragon queen to rule ice and fire as some kind of super-god? 

I never really got into Damphair's story in Feast and would have easily said I didn't care if he died quickly in TWOW before reading this, but he better not die after one damn chapter now, especially not a chapter that was so damn good its rough outline had me captivated and managed to make me give a shit what happens to him.

You know it never occurred to me Aeron would survive.   Things are so bad leading up to his being tied to the ship's prow that I wanted it all to end for him, but you're right, it will be good to have eyes on Euron.    We don't get enough up close and personal observations of the really bad guys.   Still Euron is destined to make headlines all over Westeros so I'm sure we will get reports...but there is nothing like watching that level of diabolical while it happens.  

I never got the impression that Euron had a God-Complex. I think he wants to rule men, to be feared, to be Euron, magic is just another weapon he can use to his advantage. An example would be Euron would bang your wife. He demeans others and do not get me wrong he obviously gets off on some weird shit, we don't even know the extent of his vices but all in all I think he does all of it as a giant "fear tactic" basically in his mind if he embarrasses and kills enough people (thousands if necessary) eventually others with subject to him. All out of fear very similar to Black Harren and Euron has taken countermeasures to ensure what happened to Harren hopefully doesn't happen to him. but Euron has a gigantic threat he (hopefully) has overlooked and Rodrick the Reader sees right through his lying non stepping one toe in Valyria ass. But hey idk what Rodrick can really do about it honestly and I think Euron will kill Rodrick Asha and/or her mother. 

But the Reader will rally the troops or get the Raven away or be an ambassador for iron islands..... before Euron well you know how Euron gets. He kills people a couple of family members too. I love Rodrick but as soon as he openly challenged Euron I've been worried for him but he won't go down without outsmarting Euron with something he came up with. 

5 hours ago, lujo said:

Why are people opposed to the idea of Euron getting handled by Sam?

Many deaths in the books (most?) were, when you look at it, really stupid and quite appropriate in their stupidity. Here's your five kings and a bunch more: Joff practically choked on something he drank. He was poisoned, sure, but it wasn't as part of anything climactic, it's not terribly clear who exactly poisoned him (or you have to look closely). Renly got assassinated without having done anything while he had the biggest army around - he didn't even FAIL at anything, he just was and then suddenly he wasn't. Balon essentially "fell off a horse", for all practical purposes. Robb got stabbed at a wedding - sure it was well written and cool, but, err, it sure looked like his badassery and army and, like, the whole entire story up to that point more or less, was going to mean something, but no, dude got knifed by some other dude, pretty much - thousands of pages about that guy, and many other people connected to that guy, and many other people reacting to that guy and the threat of that guy - yeah, it meant nothing, he got knifed at a wedding because of something he did offscreen. Not that different than with Renly, tbh, except you didn't read three books about what Renly and his family are doing just to have him drop dead without even having a say in it. Tywin himself couldn't believe what ended up killing him, and that was the more dynamic part where he actually god shot by his son (he couldn't believe that would ever happen it was so ridiculous), which "saved" him from... dying offscreen while sitting on a toilet. Oberyn? He came, he had a duel, he won, he died the most pointless and avoidable death ever. Imagine if Bron killed that knight in the Eyerie duel and then after the guy was dead, Bron tripped and fell through the moon door. That's about how lame the average death in Westeros (or abroad) is.

Why would Euron be any different? He's the biggest windbag, dopped up to the gills, thinks he's god and is tempting fate in every way imaginable. Getting offed by the most pathetic enemy ever would serve him right. Anything else would be lame, when you think about it - Euron deserves a death worth a groan, not a song.

The other kind of deaths, the more gross, memorable, climactic or downright sadistic, tend to happen offscreen, and I don't think he's going to die offscreen.

I think you are just a little stale of the same story, all the 5 kings deaths happened in such a manner that fit the plot very well. 

And Renly's death was shadow baby how Can you not love shadow baby through Davos' eyes!!!!!

Damn you Oberyn you cocky bastard 

What does fitting the plot have to do with anything? Aeron's not really buying into Euron's propaganda and theatrics even after torture and being fed psychadelic drugs, neither am I.

Robb got shanked at a wedding, Balon tumbled off a balcony off-screen, Renly looked like he'd be a huge threat and just got assassinated (yeah, cool assassin, but wth, guy dropped dead), and Joff died in a way you could think the other bad guys disposed of him as an afterthought becuase he was a dangerous nutcase (which they did and which he was), and Oberyn died the most stupid death ever (gory and in-character but very groan worthy). And so did Tywin. And the more stupid deaths were well deserved, and if anyone deserves a really stupid death it's Euron.

What exact source of what exactly has everyone thinking same thing isn't going to happen to Euron? Something Euron said? Something Euron led someone believe? Think about that.

(There's one thing though - some really over-the-top monsters like Vargo and Gregor tend to occasionally get gruesome gory deaths, so Euron might fall into that camp, but that's still playing into his megalomania too much). 

7 hours ago, sarah.jenice said:

When I saw Sarah quoted me I knew either you agreed and point out another passage I missed that reinforces :) 

Or you were going to (always very nicely) show me a little passage that I missed as to why I am (sadly) wrong. :) 

You know your stuff and your attention to detail is amazing.

I have never seen you reach so far as when you said it's possible (I agree btw but I wouldn't bet on it lol) that Euron is trying to Night King 2.0 fire ice super God. It's crazy (sorry) but Euron is crazy (not sorry) And by the way I am sorry I've just never seen your "fan fiction" (plot fantasies) and that's a good one, I'm not hating at all

8 hours ago, Schwarze Sonne said:

I just hope that Euron won't be getting an arrow through his eye by Sam. Seriously, Sam would get too much credit despite being the self-proclaimed coward. It'll be a huge letdown if a potential major villain would be gone like that.

Then again, we have at least two potential persons who might become Euron's downfall: Theon and Sam. Theon with the story of Torgon the Latecomer with Euron as Urrathon Badbrother, Sam for all the buildup with Sarelas and his archery training. Maybe Dany with the story of how Aegon the Conqueror burned Black Harren as another possiblity for Euron's ultimate fate.

But seriously, no fatty Sam the Slayer plz! I'd really hate it! Although I doubt Euron would be down like that. Moqorro saw Euron in the fire and since I haven't seen any genuine prophetic vision of the future can be prevented, I believe Moqorro and co. will fail hard to prevent Euron's meeting with Dany.

I think you killed that middle paragraph all 3 of those are very possible. I like that Black Harren comparison. 

8 minutes ago, lujo said:

What does fitting the plot have to do with anything? Aeron's not really buying into Euron's propaganda and theatrics even after torture and being fed psychadelic drugs, neither am I.

Robb got shanked at a wedding, Balon tumbled off a balcony off-screen, Renly looked like he'd be a huge threat and just got assassinated (yeah, cool assassin, but wth, guy dropped dead), and Joff died in a way you could think the other bad guys disposed of him as an afterthought becuase he was a dangerous nutcase (which they did and which he was), and Oberyn died the most stupid death ever (gory and in-character but very groan worthy). And so did Tywin. And the more stupid deaths were well deserved, and if anyone deserves a really stupid death it's Euron.

What exact source of what exactly has everyone thinking same thing isn't going to happen to Euron? Something Euron said? Something Euron led someone believe? Think about that.

(There's one thing though - some really over-the-top monsters like Vargo and Gregor tend to occasionally get gruesome gory deaths, so Euron might fall into that camp, but that's still playing into his megalomania too much). 

I was just saying the sequence of events obviously had to tie in together and they did about the 5 kings

I'm not trying to be rude but explain this to me in a different way if possible

Nice catch on vargo and Gregor. Never considered that

What I'm trying to say is that an assortment of of hype worthy badassess all ended up getting killed in "stupid" ways. There's no reason to believed Euron's even that much of a badass - we mostly see him raiding cvilians, torturing people, boasting without means to really prove what he's boasting about and being a casually sadistic creep. But way bigger badassess have mostly died rather... "stupid" is the best word I can come up with... deaths. I mean, you don't expect The Young Wolf to die by getting stabbed at a wedding. So folks seem to expect god knows what out of Euron Crow's Eye, because he says he's a huge badass and his young brother is scared of him.

But his chapters and everything about him screams "don't buy into what this guy is saying". Aeron's chapter is all about that: he's trying to tell everybody not to trust Euron, and nobody listens until it's too late.

What Euron is saying is that he's a god, or above the gods. He's got the biggest ego in the whole world. So if you don't buy into what he's saying, and look at what's probable, it is that he'll get his ass kicked and quite likely by some random measly twerp in an embarassing way. Sam's the most likely twerp around and there's been a bunch of foreshadowing of it anyway.

Plus, it would be an awesome twist if Victarion ends up being this huge menace everyone expects Euron to be. Now THAT would be a proper twist. Not saying it'll happen, but there are actual hints to that too.

10 minutes ago, lujo said:

What I'm trying to say is that an assortment of of hype worthy badassess all ended up getting killed in "stupid" ways. There's no reason to believed Euron's even that much of a badass - we mostly see him raiding cvilians, torturing people, boasting without means to really prove what he's boasting about and being a casually sadistic creep. But way bigger badassess have mostly died rather... "stupid" is the best word I can come up with... deaths. I mean, you don't expect The Young Wolf to die by getting stabbed at a wedding. So folks seem to expect god knows what out of Euron Crow's Eye, because he says he's a huge badass and his young brother is scared of him.

But his chapters and everything about him screams "don't buy into what this guy is saying". Aeron's chapter is all about that: he's trying to tell everybody not to trust Euron, and nobody listens until it's too late.

What Euron is saying is that he's a god, or above the gods. He's got the biggest ego in the whole world. So if you don't buy into what he's saying, and look at what's probable, it is that he'll get his ass kicked and quite likely by some random measly twerp in an embarassing way. Sam's the most likely twerp around and there's been a bunch of foreshadowing of it anyway.

Plus, it would be an awesome twist if Victarion ends up being this huge menace everyone expects Euron to be. Now THAT would be a proper twist. Not saying it'll happen, but there are actual hints to that too.

The way you put Robb's death cleared that up. I wasn't trying to debate you at all and you're right, some were stupid.

That is an AWESOME theory about Vic.... WOW..... He becomes so obsessed with banging his brother's "wife" he becomes the sadistic *cough moqorro cough* assclown he hated all along. That's a lot of emotion thrown into Vic's arc

Not to mention that the Lovecraftian visions Aeron has (and thinks are about Euron) actually fit Victarion in his Squiface helmet way better. I think Euron sent Vic on a suicide mission - but Vic makes it go spectacularly right instead.

Would be a twist for the ages, not sayin it'll go down exactly, but boy would it be a hoot.

9 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

When I saw Sarah quoted me I knew either you agreed and point out another passage I missed that reinforces :) 

Or you were going to (always very nicely) show me a little passage that I missed as to why I am (sadly) wrong. :) 

You know your stuff and your attention to detail is amazing.

I have never seen you reach so far as when you said it's possible (I agree btw but I wouldn't bet on it lol) that Euron is trying to Night King 2.0 fire ice super God. It's crazy (sorry) but Euron is crazy (not sorry) And by the way I am sorry I've just never seen your "fan fiction" (plot fantasies) and that's a good one, I'm not hating at all

Haha! I didn't realize I was helicoptering you. My sincerest apologies. Your posts are always enjoyable as well. :thumbsup: 

It's important to me to always be nice and respectful to others, even strangers in Internet forums. The result of Southern Hospitality and my mom's all-you-need-is-love hippie influence. 

Honestly, I wouldn't really call all of the crazy things I put forth theories. They're more the result of an overworked adhd brain spouting whatever ridiculous notion flew through my mind in the moment and is usually promptly forgotten. I guess throwing out silly wild speculation is only amusing to me, but sic vita est. 

I wouldn't even try to seriously predict where this series is going because I have no idea, but I'm seriously flattered that my ridiculousness qualifies as writing fan fiction. Take that, 6th Grade English Teacher! 

13 hours ago, lujo said:

Also, that seems to be what happens to any overly ambitious Greyjoy, Euron's just really good at selling himself as "the real deal". He very likely isn't, and he's been chugging that Shade of the Evening so much his lips have turned blue. It never made Warlocks properly dangerous, did it? What's the most realistic thing that could happen to a guy who's doped up to the gills and thinks he's god?

I can't argue about the warlocks being weak players, but the visions produced by the Shade of the Evening seem to be legit when Daenerys goes to the House of the Undying. she sees a bunch of things she had no Knowledge of regarding her brother, her father, the Red Wedding, etc . The Shade of the Evening is produced from the black barked , blue leafed trees that are clearly an inversion of the weir woods. Daenerys' description of drinking it has so many parallels with Brains description of eating the weir wood paste that it is clear that they have parallel effects. In short I don't think it should be dismissed.

9 hours ago, sarah.jenice said:

I think he wants to marry and then sacrifice Daenerys to achieve some kind of apotheosis, but I like to crack some pots once in a while. As  for the three scenes being connected, yes. The support for that I would add is the parallel between the Weirwood paste and the Shade of the Evening I mentioned above and the reuse of imagery like the dwarves in Daenerys ' House of the Undying  vision and Aeron's visions.

I absolutely agree with you regarding what Euron deserves, but I'm affraid he'll live long enough, at least untill he meets up with Dany. Euron knows all Victarion's intentions through the mute woman whom he warged or has some kind of telepathic connection with, so Victarion wont make it in taking Dany and dragons for himself. That horn in which Victarion putted his hopes, will be his downfall. Obviously, Euron has a plan and knows very well what he's doing, he's controling Victarion through his gifts and very probably through Moqorro. Will Euron get it to take dragons can't be told for certain, but I think Dany will not reject ships if Euron offers them to her. What could happen on the open sea we can only imagine. There's also some reference or warning about kraken been Dany's doom, but I'm not sure and can't guote it right now. 

2 hours ago, Durran Durrandon said:

I can't argue about the warlocks being weak players, but the visions produced by the Shade of the Evening seem to be legit when Daenerys goes to the House of the Undying. she sees a bunch of things she had no Knowledge of regarding her brother, her father, the Red Wedding, etc . The Shade of the Evening is produced from the black barked , blue leafed trees that are clearly an inversion of the weir woods. Daenerys' description of drinking it has so many parallels with Brains description of eating the weir wood paste that it is clear that they have parallel effects. In short I don't think it should be dismissed.

I think he wants to marry and then sacrifice Daenerys to achieve some kind of apotheosis, but I like to crack some pots once in a while. As  for the three scenes being connected, yes. The support for that I would add is the parallel between the Weirwood paste and the Shade of the Evening I mentioned above and the reuse of imagery like the dwarves in Daenerys ' House of the Undying  vision and Aeron's visions.

I can't remember if you came up with the weirwood/shade of the evening trees being inverses of each other or were just a big part of that thread, but I'm definitely sold. It's a brilliant catch. Do you think the gifts they awaken in a drinker/consumer are somehow inverses as well? I know they both induce visions, but maybe the power is drawn from opposing sources that will influence the different users. Or not. My good speculation cap fell off a few hours ago. 

Interesting idea with the Dany sacrifice. Can't you just see her shouting her long list of titles while being tied to the prow of the ship? The most beautiful figurehead in the world could soon become one of them. Hmm...saying prow and Dany so close together brings to mind the Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire vision of the corpse standing at the prow of the ship with eyes bright in his dead face and grey lips smiling sadly (that was from memory so apologies if it's off). Was this Aeron Greyjoy all along? Is Euron really dead? So many questions!

I've also been wondering how much Pyatt Pree and the warlocks told Euron about Dany or rather how much of what she saw and heard in the HotU were they aware of to share with him. Do the Undying know what the prophecies mean/what their outcomes will be? Do they know of some power she has or think she's the savior of the world? I didn't care much for the Ironborn plot dump in AFFC, so I've never put much thought into it like Euron having other motives to want Dany besides her being a beautiful queen with a strong claim to the IT who needs Westerosi allies and also has three dragons and a big-ass army.

Of all of the HotU sequences, I always thought the dwarves one was the hardest to figure out. I've seen countless explanations and have never liked any of them. Now that these guys (who for some reason I see as angry, black-clad garden gnomes) have popped up again in Shade of the Evening induced prophetic dreams/visions, they seem a lot more significant.

This chapter has gotten me more excited than most of the others and I haven't even really read the damn thing.

2 hours ago, wolfinho said:

I absolutely agree with you regarding what Euron deserves, but I'm affraid he'll live long enough, at least untill he meets up with Dany. Euron knows all Victarion's intentions through the mute woman whom he warged or has some kind of telepathic connection with, so Victarion wont make it in taking Dany and dragons for himself. That horn in which Victarion putted his hopes, will be his downfall. Obviously, Euron has a plan and knows very well what he's doing, he's controling Victarion through his gifts and very probably through Moqorro. Will Euron get it to take dragons can't be told for certain, but I think Dany will not reject ships if Euron offers them to her. What could happen on the open sea we can only imagine. There's also some reference or warning about kraken been Dany's doom, but I'm not sure and can't guote it right now. 

I don't think he's got Moqorro, but I think you're right about the Dusky Woman. I think Euron is just the horn's maters. Vic can't exactly claim it from him with fire and blood - however that is even done - before he has it blown, and as Moqorro said, the horn will bind the dragons to their master seemingly whether he's around for this or not. Euron won't have to lift a finger to secure most likely both Rhaegal and Viserion or at least one of them and can just breeze into Meereen after Vic has finished all of the heavy lifting. "Thanks for taking care of getting our fleet to the other side of the world and that pesky siege and being such a laughable letdown to the queen that she actually thinks I'm a smart choice and leashing my dragons, bro. Have that Dusky Woman of yours bring us a drink...mwaaahaahaa! Yours was poison just like you said all my gifts are! Time to mark another brother off my kill list."

Archived